Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4 Xbox live rewards.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So Xbox live rewards has a promotion going on right now that encourages gamers to play a little too much halo. The way it works is if by November 30 you play a certain amount of halo 4 they will reward you. 35 hours = 100 msp 70 hours = 300 msp and 140 hours = 600 msp. Do you guys think this is promoting an unhealthy amount of gaming for anyone? To get the highest reward you would have to average around five and a half hours of halo everyday for the next 25 days. Jesus if someone gets that then I think it's safe to say they have a problem.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

@laserbolts: I think I may just leave Halo on for the next month.

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DrFlapjack

I think it's great to get something (although not much) just for playing a game. But if someone purposefully plays 140 hours for $7, that's nuts.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

Oh I should have clarified. That's hours of multiplayer so just leave the Xbox on for a week won't do it.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

Earn 5 cents an hour playing Halo 4!

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By morkaithewolf

It's a nice incentive to earn a few extra points but I think they'd do better making a weekly team tournament and the winning tears get respectable amounts of points. But hey, free stuff for playing something? I'm not complaining. =D

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By nightriff

Sounds better than the quarter they were giving people on their birthday, if people are going to play the game then reward them but it should be actively playing the game in any form. I don't have Halo 4 but I would only play the single player so this wouldn't benefit me.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Samaritan

That's 6 hours a day for 24 days. That's kind of on the border for unhealthy amounts of playing, so... I don't know. When I first read about this, I was kind of disturbed and immediately thought the obvious thought of "isn't Microsoft kind of promoting unhealthy amounts of gaming with this?" but when you do the math, while 6 hours a day is ludicrous for most of us, it's not technically what I would classify as "unhealthy". I don't know, the whole thing is weird. Is playing for that long even worth a measly $7.50? I mean, really?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aetheldod

@laserbolts: When Reach came out I would honestly play more than 15 hours a day (the job I had at the time allowed me to do so) .... man I wish I could do it now :( but alas cant even get the game at the moment

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By huntad

It's not like it's mandatory. If crazy people want to do this, they're gonna do it anyways.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Source

You'd need to average 5.8 hours a day in the best case scenario to get that 140 MP reward, and that's playing every day and assuming you got the game on launch. Even if you got the game a week after launch and played every day, you'd still need to average 7.8 hours a day to do it, and God help anyone who got it after that. If this was an 18+ contest or something like that I think this would be questionable, but this is a contest open to people as young as 13, and when you're encouraging people that young, to play for that long every day, over a sustained period, I don't think there's any way to look at this but wrong. It also seems a bit of a cheek on Microsoft's part that if you actually did play their game for 140 hours this month, you wouldn't even get enough for a lower-priced XBLA game.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

That is fucking stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.