Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo Radio station on dashboard?

dvand987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dvand987

So I was browsing the dashboard and saw that there was an add for 'Halo Radio on iHR' So I thought that could be interesting. I wasn't expecting much, hoping that it would be some sort of Halo related talk radio but figuring that it would probably be just a music station with cool music that makes you want to play Halo and shoot people to.

Well after the iHeart Radio app installed it took me just to the main dashboard of the app itself not even the Halo station I had thought I was selecting from the xbox dashboard. I pressed 'Y' and ran a search for halo, and only one station came up on the search called 'Master Chief Radio' and clicked it. Aaliyah's "Try again" was playing and the tag like for the station itself was "Music to play Halo 4 by, a 343 industries mix" I don't feel like playing Halo 4 to that song at all...

Finding myself getting angry about the flagrant use cases of Halo marketing overall I pushed myself to find some good in this particular situation I put myself in. So I decided to try two things;

1. See if I can play Halo and listen to iHeart radio's Halo station at the same time...(Since the stations tagline is 'Music to play Halo 4 by' ... I figured that since you can play music from your hardrive while playing games, maybe iHeart Radio figured out how to play radio over your game as well! Can't be too hard to figure out right?)
    2. Back out of the iHeart radio app and reselect the original halo radio ad to see if now that I have the app installed if it would take me straight to said station without me having to search for it. (At least that would be kind of useful)

Well I was disappointed on both fronts; NOT ONLY DOES clicking the Halo station add from the xbox dashboard just brings you to iHeart radio's dashboard and not the station it implies, BUT it doesn't even let you PLAY the game to the station AS IT ADVERTISES!

In conclusion, I'm a jaded gamer that is frustrated with my Halo 4 game experience overall, and tired of the overwhelming marketing campaign of this game let alone the half-assed attempt iHeart radio made here. If you are going to hop on the Halo 4 bandwagon, GREAT but just take the extra time to do it right. Make it so your station ad buttons lead to said station, and let me listen to your app while playing my games. I had to play two hours of MineCraft just to calm down

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Phyrlord

Pretty interesting, unfortunately I'm pretty sure your the only person that would click on that add. :)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Sounds weak.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.