Hey guys, new maps are out.

#1 Edited by big_jon (5707 posts) -

The new map pack came out today, thought I'd let duders know.

3 Maps, all more arena style maps, with more of an enfasis on close quarters and more competitive play. I will say that this seems like pretty high quality release, and if you want a reason to get back in you should pick this up.

So far they play really well, they have more definite weapon drops, are more focused and they look great!

Skyline

Landfall
Monolith

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14519 posts) -

Hmm.. I paid for these damn things but I feel really apathetic about actually loading up Halo 4 now. I wish I still cared. =(

#3 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Those sure look like Halo.

#4 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

Those sure look like Halo.

They play like it too, go figure.

#5 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Played 1 round around 6:00am, Yup still good at Halo after not playing from a while.

Landfall's Skybox is OUT OF THIS WORLD. there HUGE ASS battle going on.

#6 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

These maps are giving me a real Halo 2 vibe, it's pretty great, and they are actually making the BR viable too! Quite enjoying them so far.

#7 Posted by GunnerJensen (31 posts) -

Thanks for the heads-up, I thought the maps would release on Tuesday. I'm still playing the hell out of Halo 4.

#8 Posted by pweidman (2284 posts) -

Cool. But no actual BTB maps, huh. :(

Did they raise the cap lvl also big_jon? And achieves I'm sure like the last DLC right?

#9 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2284 posts) -

I need MS points for this and that ultimate game sale that starts tomorrow. I wish I wasn't so broke.

#10 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

@pweidman: No level cap raise as far as I know? But I was one of the guys who got the limited edition, so I was a 130 pretty quick, not sure if the last two specializations are still locked or not, and yeah there are new Achievements, 250pts worth.

#11 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (529 posts) -

I downloaded the maps and played a couple matches this afternoon. Really enjoy them and I also get a Halo 2 vibe from some of the maps. My only problem I have is that I do not have anyone to play it with and it got frustrating to play a those matches because of it being a team that played together.

#12 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -

@cyrus_saren: You can add me if you like, I may not always have a mic in, but I will play a bit with you.

GT: Zealotsangheili

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.