Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

I am starting to not like this games online.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

I have had nothing but crap connections since yesterday morning, having to shoot people with a whole clip to get my kill, and literally almost never having my first head shot count. It is not my connection, I have checked it, it is the same as always, so what is going on? I mean I understand network is a complicated thing, but this is making me not even want to play the game.

And random host migration every match is also seriously infuriating, I just want to play the damn game, not stare at the black screen for half of it, often when no-body even left the game. I actually have a friend who will not play because the hit detection is so bad, he showed me videos of shooting guys three times in the head to finish kills and having them all count as body shots, then totally missing, and getting headshots.

I just had a game where literally 5 of my head shots did not count, this was a green bar game, and these were final shots that should have killed, I see no point in trying to be competitive in a game that is fucking you out of your kills.

I am straight up getting pissed about this, it has been on and off since release, but now I am unable to get into a clean connection no matter how many games I play. I have freinds who are having the same issue and straight up quit trying to play Halo 4 because they were never having fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

My friends and I have had to deal with this a lot too, so I'm guessing everyone is affected by it. I'm betting it's a server error and 343 could fix it but who knows.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I'm probably not good enough at the game to notice but the smaller 4v4 gametypes never gave me issues. The only times I've encountered really bad lag or being shot around corners is when I played Big Team Infinity Slayer, or when multiple players start dropping at the same time from the other smaller gametypes.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By big_jon

@Turtlebird95: I hope it gets fixed, it really sucks the fun out of the game to have shit games through no error of your own.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@big_jon: Hmm well that sucks that your getting a shite experience I've played an ample amount of multiplayer (nearly 48 hours now) and I've gotten a few matches far in between that are pretty funky but almost always I've been getting fantastic matches with a minimal amount of lag.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By big_jon

@Demoskinos: I was there too, but now it is non stop, I am watching a replay of my last match right now, I am at headshot number 6 that didn't count.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

@big_jon: Weird. Well, consider yourself lucky that you can even play period. I know some people are apparently not even able to still connect to the Halo 4 servers and are stuck in the back up hoppers. As much as I like this game it also seems like the buggiest halo game that I've played to date.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I've had zero issues connecting to games or playing, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Guess I'm lucky

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I've put over 24 hours into multiplayer and haven't gotten any of the issues your describing. No idea what it could be.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Have only had framerate issues during spartan ops, maybe my connection or crappy Spartan ops missions

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Weird I haven't had any issues. Maybe there's problems with certain areas of the country that work off the same servers. Not that I have any clue what I'm talking about. They need to get this sorta stuff dealt with though if its widespread or people might jump over to CoD.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

The matches I play are always stellar. I'm surprised at how great this game is online.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Tarsier

i havent had connection problems yet. once or twice when hosts leave but thats it.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By artelinarose

I really like this game, but I am starting to really get annoyed by how fucking shitty some of the maps are for early game. How is it fair that one side spawns with a regular warthog and the other gets the gauss warthog? Or one side gets a sniper rifle and the other gets a rocket launcher?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sooty

PC Gaming Master Race: Always be dedicated serving.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kmdrkul

Servers are down for me right now. I've had nothing but one little nagging problem after another since playing this online. It takes forever to get into a game, the host migration takes way too long and the in-match lag is erratic. It's disappointing because when the online is running smoothly, this game is a blast.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By big_jon

I am literally playing game after game where my head shots don't count, if 343 doesn't fix this shit I can honestly say fuck this game. I even plugged my 360 in to try and help my connection, no help.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By zombie2011

Hmm, i haven't had a single problem with the game yet and i've played a lot of it. There have been some migrating host stuff but only when people leave the game, but been in every Halo game.

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bawlsz

Fortunately, I've got no problems, just some lag in Spartan Ops but everything else is working perfectly.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karl_Boss

I've only had one multiplayer match that was laggy.....maybe their aren't a lot of people in your area playing the game.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I've had a few laggy matches but nothing all that bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
    deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played yet today, but I only noticed this a few times in the past couple of days.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By HadesTimes

My main connection issues have been with Spartan Ops. Why doesn't the game change the host if the connection is unplayablely slow? I haven't experienced any issues in multiplayer.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By big_jon

Looking on Waypoint is seems that I am not the only person having these issues, I just rage quit because it is still happening.

My W/L and K/D have dropped substantially because of this, I really don't know what else to say other than I am fucking pissed at this game right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know where you're coming from. It isn't constant, like you're saying, but lag can be a sinkhole for this game's multiplayer.

I'm having a harder time with the game's multiplayer ranking system. I feel like someone threw a switch somewhere and all the sudden I'm getting paired up with people who are just fucking savage at Halo. I can barely defend myself in matches anymore. When the game first launched I was having a ball of a time, and it seemed like an even distribution of competitive games. But anymore I'm just getting lambasted every game. Makes for a tedious experience.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By gaminghooligan

yeah I have had major issues today when I've tried to play, my connection was fine, I even restarted my modem. There were many moments where the guy I was shooting at would hop across the screen then back to where he was, giving him the kill. Got frustrated so I gave up for the day, 343's forums suggest there are quite a few issues still on their side. A few days ago was the first time I'd played in a while thanks to being stock in the overflow servers for three days and told the playlists were unavailable, not to mention that being in the overflow cuts all xp gained by 50%.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By big_jon

@HistoryInRust said:

I know where you're coming from. It isn't constant, like you're saying, but lag can be a sinkhole for this game's multiplayer.

I'm having a harder time with the game's multiplayer ranking system. I feel like someone threw a switch somewhere and all the sudden I'm getting paired up with people who are just fucking savage at Halo. I can barely defend myself in matches anymore. When the game first launched I was having a ball of a time, and it seemed like an even distribution of competitive games. But anymore I'm just getting lambasted every game. Makes for a tedious experience.

Yes imbalanced teams are an issue, it can be frustrating, I don't agree with this games choices on teams often, but what is even more frustrating is that I know I can roll with some of the best, but I am so hamstrung by this shit, and I am losing to people who I know I would destroy in a fair green bar game. My fucking K/D has gone from higher than a 2.1 to a 1.8 in two days because of this, my wins vs losses are going down even more.

I have a friend who will be uploading some of my clips so I can send them to 343. I am averaging out at about five headshots per game that don't count, these are on unshielded opponents who should be dieing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The connection and latency problems people are experiencing are likely due to fact that you are being put into games with players in other countries. The "prefer good connection" filter seen in Reach is nowhere to be seen in Halo 4. There has been a great deal of frustration expressed on the official forums by players who demand it be reinstated by 343:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst129636_NO--REGIONAL-FILTER----OR--GOOD-CONNECTION.aspx

I'm in Australia and I would say every 1 in 10 matches I am being matchmade with players in Japan or America which is just unplayable.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By big_jon

@dgtlty: Haha I voted on that yesterday, I thought this was likely the issue too, but then I looked and saw that most of the people I am playing are in the US as usual. I am in Canada, but this is how it normally is even before the lag.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kindgineer

I can't say I've experienced any lag issues per we, but I do find myself getting booted to the lobby screen right after a game starts only to have Halo 4 tell me I'm no longer connected to Xbox Live. I have no idea what this is, and Xbox Live is working fine. Oh we'll though, it's a good thing I live longer than a week or I'd be really mad.

gateht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By gateht

It's a shame that Spartan Ops can get a bit laggy, it's just the same problem that Firefight had on Reach.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Karl_Boss

I've also been having a lot of issues with Spartan Ops lag, I would say I've been put in more laggy games than in games with a stable connection.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

seems ok to me, no problems so far

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zereta

Occasional mid-match lag but if not, once I changed my busted wireless adapter, its been pretty solid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.