Is Halo 4 becoming like Call of Duty?

• 102 results
#101 Edited by DharmaBum (1038 posts) -

I've come around on some things - having extra information on the screen like "You are carrying the flag" or waypoints for where weapons are. Text on the screen over the reticle seems unnecessary, but my brain will be able to block out anything unimportant in the middle of a game. I hope the announcer doesn't get too annoying with redundant information however.

I prefer to have as clean an interface as possible when I'm playing, but for people who might not be that into Halo, these things will ease them in (to what can be a pretty intimidating game for a newcomer) and teach them the basics of what's going on. It could also make for a better spectator experience overall, which 343 might have intended.

Hardliners have to accept that they're not who 343 is catering to, and I can't really blame them given the track record of immaturity and abusive demands that come out of the competitive community. Meanwhile people that play Grifball and Living Dead show respect to the developer and actually enjoy the game they've been given.

Anyway, let this thread die duders. The OP left long ago and had no intention of a meaningful discussion.

#102 Posted by Mushy46 (13 posts) -

After seeing the success that the Call of Duty has year after year, why not take the best parts of the formula and make your game better?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.