Looks like you can finally play as the flood in Halo 4.

#1 Edited by big_jon (5789 posts) -
#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

That is super awesome. Man they're going all out on this game. Keeps sounding better the more I hear about it.

#3 Posted by FrankieFigs (11 posts) -

Seems like 343 is going HAM on this title.

#4 Posted by WarlordPayne (706 posts) -

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Flood are in the campaign. I'm already a little disappointed and worried that the Covenant are in 4, if the Flood are too it's going to be a huge bummer.

#5 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

It's really not that big of a change (mostly graphical), but I like the fact that 343 is doing it. There's alot of little detail stuff I keep seeing in Halo 4 that I wanted to be in Halo Reach.

#6 Posted by zombie2011 (5053 posts) -

This game, has got me excited in games again.

#7 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@WarlordPayne said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Flood are in the campaign. I'm already a little disappointed and worried that the Covenant are in 4, if the Flood are too it's going to be a huge bummer.

They're not.

#8 Posted by believer258 (12209 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@WarlordPayne said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Flood are in the campaign. I'm already a little disappointed and worried that the Covenant are in 4, if the Flood are too it's going to be a huge bummer.

They're not.

Have 343 officially said that? 'Cause I was hoping the same thing but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Also, cool! I won't be playing the multiplayer, but still... cool!

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@big_jon said:

@WarlordPayne said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Flood are in the campaign. I'm already a little disappointed and worried that the Covenant are in 4, if the Flood are too it's going to be a huge bummer.

They're not.

Have 343 officially said that? 'Cause I was hoping the same thing but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Also, cool! I won't be playing the multiplayer, but still... cool!

Yeah, it has been confirmed that you won't be fighting the Flood in the campaign.

#10 Posted by Rabid619 (1109 posts) -

Man, Halo 4 is looking really great so far. I wasn't all that excited going in, but it looks like 343 are making some smart changes to the core experience.

Having Infected actually be with the Flood is a great, though small example of those changes. I really enjoy playing Infected but the fact that it was all just Spartans running around always made it seem kind of off.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

I hope there aren't any flood in this campaign. :( I'd like to see proof that 343 said it, but I'll take your word on GB guys. :(

#12 Posted by Quarters (1885 posts) -

I think if I played as the Flood, I would just continually hurl myself off cliffs. Just out of spite. One of my least favorite enemy types in the last couple of generations.

#13 Posted by DrFlapjack (257 posts) -

@big_jon said:

About time that infection became an actual mode, I have wondered why Bungie never did this for awhile.

It's been awhile since I've played Reach, but from what I can remember they had an official Infection playlist... Hopefully Dominion will be a good replacement for Invasion, but I don't think it will replace the satisfaction of stabbing a Spartan as an Elite.

#14 Posted by allworkandlowpay (873 posts) -

@DrFlapjack said:

@big_jon said:

About time that infection became an actual mode, I have wondered why Bungie never did this for awhile.

It's been awhile since I've played Reach, but from what I can remember they had an official Infection playlist... Hopefully Dominion will be a good replacement for Invasion, but I don't think it will replace the satisfaction of stabbing a Spartan as an Elite.

Bungie consistently fucked up Infection. In Reach, if I remember correctly, they made their infection game mode start with like half the (already small) group of players off as infected. I might be remembering that wrong though, I just remember everything about it felt wrong.

#15 Posted by WarlordPayne (706 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@believer258 said:

@big_jon said:

@WarlordPayne said:

I really hope this doesn't mean that the Flood are in the campaign. I'm already a little disappointed and worried that the Covenant are in 4, if the Flood are too it's going to be a huge bummer.

They're not.

Have 343 officially said that? 'Cause I was hoping the same thing but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Also, cool! I won't be playing the multiplayer, but still... cool!

Yeah, it has been confirmed that you won't be fighting the Flood in the campaign.

Great news, thanks for the info.

Now that I don't have to worry about that, it is pretty cool that they're actually making the infected Flood and varying up the sides a bit more.

#16 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

I cannot believe I am actually excited about a new Halo game.

That article by Brad that was posted this morning, that video from the BLLSL, everything I've seen has gotten me really interested.

#17 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot: Vader!

#18 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

Allow me to nerd out a bit but if looking at how the Forerunner trilogy of books have been going and how it seems to be relating with halo 4, its a good bet that in halo 5/6, the Flood will be making an intense return and stronger than ever. I've always loved fighting the Flood in the previous games (Maybe not so much in Halo 2 :/) but yea, while Frankie has confirmed that there is no Flood in the campaign of Halo 4 (Over at NeoGAF and during E3 as well, if I recall), they'll be coming back sooner or later.

And god damn, The new Infection mode sounds crazy. I would not have expected 343 to go all out on this generation of consoles as a lot of the radical, yet awesome, changes they are making remind me of the type of stuff you announce for a game on a whole new generation of hardware (Like how Halo 3 introduced theatre, Forge and all the filesharing stuff). More so than Halo 4 (That sounds better and better as the days go by), all this craziness is making me more excited for Halo 5 and the next-gen Halo games to see how they top this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.