Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

New Halo 4 Soundtrack Sample: "Closing Hostilities"

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CouncilorChief

343 Industries recently released a sample of one of Halo 4's tracks called "Closing Hostilities", during their last podcast.

What do you think of the new sample track? Do you feel it appropriately compliments Halo's tone and theme?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

Weird for halo seems like it could fit into a mgs game though.

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CouncilorChief

@laserbolts said:

I get a more Metroid Prime vibe from it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By laserbolts

@CouncilorChief: I can defintely see where are coming from there too. Do you think it sounds off for a halo game? I do but maybe its just me.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Yeah, suuuuuper Metroid Prime. Has similar sounding pads in the background too. Like it though.

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CouncilorChief

@laserbolts said:

@CouncilorChief: I can defintely see where are coming from there too. Do you think it sounds off for a halo game? I do but maybe its just me.

Not really but 343 Industries are taking some new direction in the series. I'll judge when I see when this is played in the game, hopefully during a appropriate mood. But I've liked what I've heard so far. Not on par with Marty but still pretty good.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

I am happy that 343 are creating their own feel with Halo 4's music, giving it its own life.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHumanDove

Doesn't sound too off. That Breaking Benjamin song in Halo 2? Or maybe that was 3.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

the beginning is a bit weird, but towards the end of the sample i was getting a Halo vibe from it. It's different than anything else they've released but i think it still sounds like it can be a Halo song.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glyn

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

I get a more Metroid Prime vibe from it.

I got a splinter cell vibe from it

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By glyn

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

Not really but 343 Industries are taking some new direction in the series. I'll judge when I see when this is played in the game, hopefully during a appropriate mood. But I've liked what I've heard so far. Not on par with Marty but still pretty good.

Marty O DOnnel created some of the best music ever featured in a video game. A lot of those tracks were amazing.

Just bungie messed up halo by running it into the ground and cashing in on the same idea over and over again.

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CouncilorChief

@glyn said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

Marty O DOnnel created some of the best music ever featured in a video game. A lot of those tracks were amazing.

Just bungie messed up halo by running it into the ground and cashing in on the same idea over and over again.

Yeah they should just change the core gameplay so they can appeal to a wider audience like how Ubisoft did with Splinter Cell Blacklist and EA with Dead Space 3.

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CouncilorChief

@TheHumanDove said:

Doesn't sound too off. That Breaking Benjamin song in Halo 2? Or maybe that was 3.

It was in Halo 2. Gawd I hated that fucking song.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By big_jon

@CouncilorChief said:

@glyn said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

Yeah they should just change the core gameplay so they can appeal to a wider audience like how Ubisoft did with Splinter Cell Blacklist and EA with Dead Space 3.

Maybe play those games before you make statements like that?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@big_jon said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@glyn said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

I think he was being sarcastic. I think.

This sound pretty cool, I've been a pretty big fan of all the music I've heard for the game so far. I wonder if Trent Reznor has some time...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm

Finally, some synths, but I want more. I want Mass Effect (1) level of synths. Synth that shit up! This is science fiction for Christ's sake! Sythience Synthion!

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CouncilorChief

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@big_jon said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@glyn said:

@CouncilorChief said:

@laserbolts said:

I think he was being sarcastic. I think.

This sound pretty cool, I've been a pretty big fan of all the music I've heard for the game so far. I wonder if Trent Reznor has some time...

I was being sarcastic. Splinter Cell Blacklist and Dead Space 3 look like shit by removing the core elements that differentiate from most action games. Blacklist is Splinter Cell without the stealth and the horror themes of Dead Space 3 are entirely absent. Sure it I may come off irrational for saying all this before the games even come out. But who can blame me after watching this idiot yapping about pulpling.

You mentioned Trent Reznor which reminds me of something.

McChicken116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McChicken116

I was at the 343 party at RTX a few weeks ago, and they had this, and other full unreleased tracks from the soundtrack playing as the backround music, and I have to say, it grows on you. I do really like the new music, and I think it fits with the new game

mordi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordi

@TheHumanDove said:

That was a great moment. It was Halo 2. I think I even remember the level title; High Charity. Not sure.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@Mordi said:

@TheHumanDove said:

That was a great moment. It was Halo 2. I think I even remember the level title; High Charity. Not sure.

Gravemind.

It's not bad, but I personally prefer the slow strings and monk choir.

Masakari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Masakari

@big_jon said:

I am happy that 343 are creating their own feel with Halo 4's music, giving it its own life.

Yep. I'm happy that 343 are doing their thing on Halo 4. So many people complain that the Halo games have become stale and too familiar, here they are evolving it, and then people complain it seems different? Can't please anyone, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.