Performance issues

#1 Posted by L44 (574 posts) -

My launch Xbox is still chugging along but it seems to really struggle with Halo 4 sometimes, when stuff gets hectic I get terrible framerate issues. Is it possible it's because it's a launch Xbox, for example wasnt Rage supposed to perform better on the Slim? Or is it something else? This is the only game this happens with.

#2 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Is it installed to the hard drive? That'll help a lot.

#3 Posted by troll93 (388 posts) -

On my year old slim it runs like butter the entire time so it sounds to me like your box starting to kill itself.

#4 Posted by Shaunage (729 posts) -

I've never seen it hitch up at all and I'm on a pre-hdmi model.

#5 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@Shaunage said:

I've never seen it hitch up at all and I'm on a pre-hdmi model.

Ouch.

#6 Posted by L44 (574 posts) -

Alright I'll install it and see if that makes it any better.

#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

It could the fact that it is a launch 360. Xenon have had problems, the other revisions (especially the newer motherboards (the Jasper, Valhalla or Corona)) are more stable as far as I know, especially with newer games.

#8 Posted by L44 (574 posts) -

Update: Installling it didnt change much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.