Playing "older" Spartan Ops missions online?

#1 Edited by nikolajfjordkorsgaard (3 posts) -

I've just bough Halo 4, so I'm a little late on the Spartan Ops episodes.

Is it not possible to play the older Spartan Ops episodes online with matchmaking? I've currently only been able to play the new episode.

And there doesn't seem to be an option to choose difficulty before Spartan Ops games.

As much as I'm loving the game so far, It also annoys me that campaign scoring, medals, firefight and campaign matchmaking isn't featured in the game.

#2 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Not that I know of. Only the current Ops missions are online. But, if you post your Gamertag, I know plenty of bombers (myself included) would play the missions with you.

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

My guess is they will allow it eventually when the seasons end (for now). They want to promote the whole 'experience the new episodes together!' thing.

But yeah, enough people out there who want to play them regardless.

#4 Posted by UberExplodey (904 posts) -

Kinda related to this, any word on whether they're going to open up the campaign to co-op with randoms? I liked that part of Reach.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@UberExplodey: I think that will come in one day, but it is not there now.

#6 Posted by nikolajfjordkorsgaard (3 posts) -

If they are bringing back campaign matchmaking.. I hope they will bring back campaign scoring as well.

#7 Posted by khofer22 (2 posts) -

@nikolajfjordkorsgaard: KendoSlice 22...always willing to do Spartan OPs

#8 Posted by jaradsmethers (1 posts) -

I have just started playing Spartan ops and am looking for people to play with if your willing to play with me my gamertag is sheercomic7661

#9 Edited by Fattony12000 (6359 posts) -

I still haven't finished the first level of Halo 4 lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.