Quickest way to take down a Promethean Knight.

#1 Posted by OldManLight (839 posts) -

Sorry if this had already been asked but i didn't see a thread or guide.

Thanks!

#2 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

Shoot it.

#3 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

Melee it when it's angry and about to charge you. And then yeah, shoot it in the face.

#4 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

If you have the scattershot or shotgun and can close with it you can take it down fast but you open yourself up to getting melee'd and at least in Heroic, they can take you down almost immediately up close. If you can get your hands on a Needler, that thing will take care of them real fast. The new Needler rips up Elites and Knights in record time. I find usually though I've got a Lightrifle or a BR and in that case you pretty much just have to keep at it until it drops. Try to get as many head shots as you can.

#5 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

There's a reason you respawn with a plasma pistol a lot of the time in Halo 4's campaign - it's fantastic for taking out Knight and Elite shields in no time. A charged burst, followed by a few headshots from your BR/DMR/whatever rifle or a short volley from a fully automatic weapon finishes them off really quickly. Oh, and make sure you take out any nearby watchers first. A) They're annoying as hell, and b) they can throw up Hardlight shields to protect nearby prometheans, so try and pick them off from a distance before moving in on a Knight.

I've found melee being surprisingly useful against them too, but on Legendary and Heroic they're right nasty buggers up close so that's less viable. As SouthernDandy says too, the new Needler is lethal, and a supercombine or two just blows most enemies away extremely quickly.

#6 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

@Ursus_Veritas: Remember the Needle Rifle from Reach? I miss that gun, I understand why it's gone it kinda fits in the same slot as the DMR, BR and Lightrifle but that thing was rad. Getting a supercombine from real far away was awesome.

#7 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy: It's probably the only thing I miss from Reach - there are a lot of rifles to choose from in H4 already, but I would've loved to have seen the Needle Rifle in MP over the Carbine. Having to get up close to supercombine Knights in Spartan Ops and the Campaign made me miss it even more!

#8 Posted by coribald (311 posts) -

Dump a 3/4 of a suppressor clip into it, then hit it in the face.

#9 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

@Ursus_Veritas: Right forgot the Carbine is in there too. Yeah Needle Rifle is awesome. AWESOME.

#10 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Scattershot.

#11 Edited by bkbroiler (1620 posts) -

At the end of the campaign on heroic I found using the suppressor and sentry ability in tandem was very useful. Felt like I finally got the hang of killing those guys.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Does the plasma pistol then BR/DMR/Carbine/Pistol headshot combo not work? I mean, that's pretty much the best way to burn through elites/brutes on Legendary in the Bungie games.

#13 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

Take down the shields and then punch it, they seem like they can take a couple of shots to the head once the shields are down, so the "noob-combo" is slightly less useful against them - but plasma pistols still rule when taking down shields.

#14 Posted by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

Use the decoy to run past it then assassinate it. That or grab the light rifle or dmr/br and headshot it. Even on heroic I thought they were rather easy. Make sure you take the hovering enemies out so they don't shield it or bring it back to life.

#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -

If you're on Legendary you pretty much have only a couple choices.

The Needler is the most viable close range weapon against Knights. Ammo is an issue, however, so you have to conserve the Needler more like a power weapon and less like a forgettable distraction.

The Noob Combo at midrange is perhaps the best way to deal with them. They're more resilient than Elites after their shields drop, so be wary of that.

By the end the game was throwing a lot of Incinerator Cannons at me, and I found these to be immensely helpful on my grind through the waves of Knights.

If you're without any Covenant weapons, then use the Lightrifle. Thin all the smaller enemies out first and then pick a Knight and work on him. It's an arduous process but it'll get you home.

#16 Edited by Ravelle (1244 posts) -
#17 Edited by ramagamma (12 posts) -

Needler is key for taking out Knights. Beyond that scattershot/shotgun and AR/Suppressor when up close. Anything but a light rifle becuase you'll be sitting there plinking at them for 5 minutes before they teleport away, recharge their shields and then tele-charge up in yo face.

#18 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Noob combo.....charged plasma shot to take down its shield, then shoot it in the head with a precision rifle or magnum.

#19 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2239 posts) -

Scattershot it in the face

#20 Posted by stenchlord (233 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Noob combo.....charged plasma shot to take down its shield, then shoot it in the head with a precision rifle or magnum.

This pretty much, I also throw a grenade at their feet for good measure after the charged plasma shot.

#21 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

The Promethean grenades plus DMR/BR/Carbine/light rifle to the head is a pretty quick kill. The Knights have a tendency to stand on top of those grenades.

@Ravelle: Promethean*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.