So they made a really real Warthog.

#1 Edited by big_jon (5730 posts) -

Thing looks fucking badass, and is actually a life-sized replica of the Halo 4 Warthog.

Here it it

Now some of you may remember the Weta Warthog made for the original Peter Jackson Neill Blomkamp Halo movie that was supposed to come out, now that thing was impressive, and used in many Halo live action pieces however it was actually only 66% of the size of a scale Warthog, now we have a near full sized 8 foot tall Warthog out there, it weight 7200 lbs, and is still drivable! It has a higher top speed than the one in the game too!

Yes, it was awesome.

This thing is built on a Humvee chassis, it's 17 feet long, 8 feet tall, and it has a chain gun. I wonder what kind of engine it is packing.

Yes, it is huge...and still 12% smaller than the one in the game.
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

I feel like they've done this before... but seriously, that thing looks pretty damn cool.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

Oh! It'd be cool if they rigged the chain gun to shoot paintballs.

#4 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they did this before Halo Reach came out, and I saw it on Xbox Live's Inside Xbox or something. Besides, didn't they make one for the filming of Forward Unto Dawn?

#5 Edited by big_jon (5730 posts) -

@kgb0515: Did you even read my post?

I mean there is a picture of me standing next to the original Warthog above the new one for reference.

#6 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Yes, but is that the one they used for the web series? That one was much larger and so on. Just asking. Sorry I blew up.

#7 Posted by big_jon (5730 posts) -

@kgb0515 said:

Yes, but is that the one they used for the web series? That one was much larger and so on. Just asking. Sorry I blew up.

The older, smaller one was in FUD.

#8 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

Holy hell that thing is huge. So badass. The original weta Warthog had working 4 wheel steering didn't it?

#9 Posted by big_jon (5730 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy: Yeah, it was a little more detailed inside the dashboard too.

#10 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

That's kinda cool

#11 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

I.... want..... one.... :(

#12 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

But can you drive it with two analog sticks?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.