Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Spartan ops intro cinematic.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

For those who were interested in the story approach to Spartan ops, this is all CG work done outside of 343, looks solid. There are pretty minor spoilers in this as it was officially released by 343.

I'm really not sure that I am into the whole dude-bro, douche bag Spartans though, but maybe that will offer some interesting contrast to the Master Chief. For those who don't know these are Spartan 4's, they are quite different than Spartan 2' and 3's in that they volunteered to become geneticly enhanced into Spartans long after they had served for many years in the UNSC, they were not taken as children.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By veektarius

That's some good military scifi in there. Just wish I didn't have to get my dosage delivered via video game cinematics ever since Starship Troopers.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Scullinator

I thought it was cool seeing them go through the process of putting on the armor.

Can someone explain the differences in the Spartans. Was Master Chief a kidnapped kid, like the ones talked about in the start of the campaign?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker
    • Why are they moving so awkwardly, is it because they are robots?
    • When the one guy says he was making sure the ladies of Rio feel "safe and secure" was he implying he was raping them? He punches his fist.
    • Why dose the Infinity AI look like he is ready to take down an ATAT on Hoth while Cortana wears nothing at all?
    • Why don't the Spartans where any kind of markings, seems useful to know who your superior is during a time of war.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316
    @Scullinator said:

I thought it was cool seeing them go through the process of putting on the armor.

Can someone explain the differences in the Spartans. Was Master Chief a kidnapped kid, like the ones talked about in the start of the campaign?

Master Chief was, the Spartan II's were all kidnapped kids.  My understanding is that these guys, the IV's, were adult volunteers.  Not sure if these guys were augmented, too, but the II's were trained for war since they were 6 which partially explains John's bad assery.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

Really happy they've set up a completely different tone for the Spartan Ops thing. If it was just more of the same from the singleplayer, I'd almost question why they included it as a separate mode.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Poppduder

@Dagbiker said:

• Why dose the Infinity AI look like he is ready to take down an ATAT on Hoth while Cortana wears nothing at all?

AI get to choose what they look like. That one chose to look like a WWII bomber pilot, Cortana chose to be.... nekkid.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Whitestripes09

@Poppduder said:

@Dagbiker said:

AI get to choose what they look like. That one chose to look like a WWII bomber pilot, Cortana chose to be.... nekkid.

Yeah, I think the AI in Halo Wars even had some clothing on... Have no idea why Cortana is naked, oh well ;)

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RAMBO604

Genetically enhanced super soldiers you say? Yeah science fiction has never portrayed them as "dude bro douche bags".

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

These are volunteers. People who wanted to get involved and were chosen on service record or performance. It's not unthinkable there's a load of muppets out there between the Johnsons, Stackers and Chiefs.

But damn that's some quality right there. It looks so good I'm willing to believe they filmed the actors and cgi'd right over 'em. The faces look insanely good (especially Palmer and Lasky).

@Dagbiker: I'm fairly sure they have such features embedded in the whole HUD thing. Even most marines wear visors, helmets and such in Halo 4 and even without those it's not hard to learn who's who, especially if these S-IV's are able to modify their armor to their liking.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By morkaithewolf

I would buy an movie made entirely in that level of CGI....multiple times and in multiple formats....

Definitely nice to see the newer Spartans though I don't think the game emphasized just how necessary/useful they are in comparison to Chief.

Cortana at one point mentions that Chief has been replaced and she is directly referring to the new Spartan IV's but I wish they would expand upon it and show how much of a relic Chief is in comparison (using older, heavier armor and from a different Spartan run so to speak).
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Dagbiker said:

• Why are they moving so awkwardly, is it because they are robots?
    • When the one guy says he was making sure the ladies of Rio feel "safe and secure" was he implying he was raping them? He punches his fist.
    • Why don't the Spartans where any kind of markings, seems useful to know who your superior is during a time of war.

Is this a redlettermedia esque jibe?

I liked it. I'd like to see more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.