Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Supposed leaked Halo 4 info, sounds pretty cool.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

http://www.gameblurb.net/news/halo-4-details-leaked

This sounds pretty cool to me, seems quite possible, I hope for a change as I have mixed feelings about the existence of Halo 4, but if they innovate then I think it could be pretty cool.

I really hope for a rather large change.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Actually sounds pretty exciting. Reach really invigorated the series and if 343 has these types of ideas in mind for the next game I'm on board. 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Sounds too cool to be true

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

If it's for realz that sounds like some cool stuff. I am definitely not dismissing Halo 4 right away, and after reading that, it sounds like it could be a really interesting game.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Slaker117

Sounds plausible enough, but I'm not buying it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust

Well, it sounds pretty cool, but I don't know.  Personally, I think Bungie is over doing it by making Halo 4.

springtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By springtoast

@PenguinDust said:

Personally, I think Bungie is over doing it by making Halo 4.

So this is a meme already?

greenygrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By greenygrey

This could be fake, as it sounds too good to be true. I hope 343 Industries do something new and innovative with the Halo license, instead of rehashing the same gameplay formula to cashin in for this franchise. I also hope that they hire better writers than Bungie did, because the series has never had great storytelling that lived up to the rich universe and backstory.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Nomin

I am pretty sure that it will ship in multiple discs though. 

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

they need to change everything if they want me back in

misfittoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By misfittoy

@greenygrey: I don't blame that all on the writers. I know that there was some great stuff that had to get cut because at its core Halo is a shooter. What would be cool would be to take the Halo-verse into a Mass Effect type environment. That would allow for a lot more in depth story telling.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By jakob187

AIM system? As in "yo, we're adding ADS"? If they offer an ADS system, I will instantly care less about Halo as a franchise anymore and strictly stick to Bungie's games.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShaneDev
    Dammit if this is true then it actually sounds really interesting. However I don't really know how I feel about the customizing of weapons and maybe the inclusion of the sprint ability. If they add aiming down the sight though they can go fuck themselves. The story idea is better than I thought it would be though.  Gameplay wise from the sounds of it, its going for a Halo/Battlefield mix sounds cool. 

Anyway I would seriously question this information. Its seems a little far fetched that MS would give out such information to media during E3 for the anniversary of Halo which is at PAX. I dunno how this works but this seems maybe a little unbelievable.
    greenygrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By greenygrey

@MisfitToy: True, considering it's very difficult to tell a good story in a shooter. Very few first-person shooters manage to pull-off decent storytelling. FPS/RPG Hybrids like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and BioShock had well-written stories, but ther's more room to tell a story in a RPG than a shooter.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slaker117
    @ShaneDev: Yeah, I really wouldn't give this much credence. If you look at the sourced post, the guys says that he got his information from a secret media briefing and won't go into anymore details because he doesn't want to be caught. If he had access to such an event, he would probably have some amount of media savvy and go to Kotaku or some place instead of posting on a message board, and his account on that message board is linked to a very active gamertag. Not only is there no way to verify his claims, but it would be very easy for MS to track him if this is true.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Subjugation
    @PenguinDust: Either I'm not catching your sarcasm or you missed the part where it says 343 Studios is the developer. 

And I'm extremely skeptical of that "leaked" information.
    redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By redbliss

I didnt read the article so that I wouldnt spoil anything in case any of it is true, but it doesnt surprise me that 343 might want to change the formula up. Just based on the tiny conversations they have had with people I get the feeling that they want to do their own thing and not stand in the shadows of Bunige, and good for them. I think I will like whatever they come up with so long as they dont script a whole lot of stuff like COD. That stuff is fine in COD, but I dont want to see that in Halo as well.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By big_jon

I really hope for a change, the more I think about this the more I like what I hear in this supposed leak.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

Interesting, but I think it'd be weird if there's UNSC forces there. I figured this would be some brand new, undiscovered part of the universe (which is what made the first Halo so compelling). But if there's people there that already know what's going on, that sense of discovery might be gone.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

Sounds cool, but I'm willing to bet that this is fake. 

@Slaker117 said:

Yeah, I really wouldn't give this much credence. If you look at the sourced post, the guys says that he got his information from a secret media briefing and won't go into anymore details because he doesn't want to be caught. If he had access to such an event, he would probably have some amount of media savvy and go to Kotaku or some place instead of posting on a message board, and his account on that message board is linked to a very active gamertag. Not only is there no way to verify his claims, but it would be very easy for MS to track him if this is true.
    This too.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Barrock

If this is really I really fucking hope “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time” doesn't mean the Flood.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kyreo

@Slaker117 said:

Sounds plausible enough, but I'm not buying it.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Jeffsekai

@csl316 said:

Interesting, but I think it'd be weird if there's UNSC forces there. I figured this would be some brand new, undiscovered part of the universe (which is what made the first Halo so compelling). But if there's people there that already know what's going on, that sense of discovery might be gone.

ONI knows about the planet, if I remember right the planet at the end of Halo 3 is the same one that the Ghosts of Oynx book takes place on.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Barrock said:

If this is really I really fucking hope “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time” doesn't mean the Flood.

For real.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By csl316

@Jeffsekai said:

@csl316 said:

ONI knows about the planet, if I remember right the planet at the end of Halo 3 is the same one that the Ghosts of Oynx book takes place on.

I figured that was still just a theory, but we'll see.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Afroman269

True or not, if 343 is actually wanting to make this game really different then they shouldn't fucking call the game Halo 4. They obviously want to keep the name Halo, but replace the fucking 4 with something else. Especially if they are going to make a new trilogy, 5 and 6 sound stupid.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By august

It starts out interesting but the ending sounds fake as hell. It's also just poorly written. Also, no chance in hell they bring back the Flood. At least I hope not.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By mazik765

I'm down for another Halo game.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slaker117
    @Afroman269 said:

True or not, if 343 is actually wanting to make this game really different then they shouldn't fucking call the game Halo 4. They obviously want to keep the name Halo, but replace the fucking 4 with something else. Especially if they are going to make a new trilogy, 5 and 6 sound stupid.

Agreed. There is still plenty of time before the game comes out so I really hope they change the name.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Slaker117 said:
    @Afroman269 said:

Agreed. There is still plenty of time before the game comes out so I really hope they change the name.

Halo Reach: Wars 2
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Brendan

It sounds really good, but there's no way to know if it's true. I expect 343 knows very well that they can't just make another Halo, however, and are probably thinking of ways to bring something new to the table.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By RichardLOlson

If they toss in all this new shit, I'm on board.  I was getting tired of the Halo franchise, but willing to return for something new within the franchise.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Slaker117
    @Wrighteous86: I know you're poking fun, but I always really appreciated that the spin-off games never interfered with the core trilogy. They are pitching this as the start of something new, and a different studio is working on it. I say distance yourself from Bungie's legacy and make your own claim in the Halo universe. It's a continuation of the Chief's story, sure, but the conflicts that those games were set against are finished. Calling it 4 creates harmful expectations, unless they really do revive threads from the old trilogy, in which case they are fucking up even more.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Slaker117
    Yeah, I agree with you. Numbering things only makes sense if you intend to stop a series at a specific point. Otherwise, you should limit numbered sequels to specific storylines, if you're going to use them at all. Halo 1-3 told a specific story, and Halo 4 is a new chapter. It should have a new title. I was actually a bit turned off when I saw they called the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins "Dragon Age II". I thought they used the Origins subtitle specifically to avoid the nonsensical numbering.
    elcalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By elcalavera

What excites me about Halo 4 is that 343 seems to be some sort of superstudio that Microsoft have created for the Halo franchise through hiring the most exciting talent they could find, for example hiring Ryan Payton from Kojima Productions.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This reads like a hopeful fan, my bullshit detector went crazy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the push I needed to replace my 360.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Sounds cool I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time imagining the (remaining) Covenant--or the Arbiter, at the very least--won't have some part to play in this game.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sevan
    @PenguinDust said:
    Well, it sounds pretty cool, but I don't know.  Personally, I think Bungie is over doing it by making Halo 4.
    this isnt a bungie game.

anyway, im sick of hearing people bitch about Halo. How there is no change.  No franchise really changes. Mario is still about a plumber jumping on things. COD just changes the names and looks of their guns. 
     Franchisees like Halo are about the story. If your looking for Halo to stop being about aliens and zombie-spawn, you need to go find another shooter. CoD is always going to be about war. God of War is always going to be about greek mythology. And Halo is always going to be about fighting aliens on fantastical terrains. Get over it. 

i will never understand how people are cool with the 4th Assasin's Creed, the like 30th Need for Speed... all these franchise with like 2 changes per iteration... but HALO is the worst game ever because its STILL about shooting aliens. 
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MideonNViscera

Halo's big problem is that they got it soooo right with the very first game. They have added great things (like vehicle boarding) since, but there's really only so much you can change without it being change for the sake of change. There's hardly anything you could actually improve.

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CaptainTryHard

It said someone from Bungie leaked this.. Bungie isn't involved with this game though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By big_jon

@CaptainTryHard said:

It said someone from Bungie leaked this.. Bungie isn't involved with this game though.

No, it said it was leaked on Bnet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.