Which new Halo game are you most excited about?

• 65 results
#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I find it funny that there is going to be Halo 4, 5 AND 6. Didn't we finish the fight?

#3 Posted by OmegaPirate (5518 posts) -

gotta be 6! i cant wait to finish the fight!!

#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

Anniversary. Halo CE is my favorite. I believe they have been going downhill with each new game.

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

You know, Halo 5 looked really good, but I dunno... Halo 6 will have smell-o-vision so I'm split down the middle here.

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -

I cant wait for Halo 6 Virtual Boy support.

#7 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

The original trilogy will always be better, Vader was still a badass and midichlorians were just awful. 

Oh you meant Halo. 
Anniversary looks kind of neat, I loved CE back in the day, but I'm worried it'll rip away the nostalgia. 

#8 Posted by President_Barackbar (3344 posts) -

Halo 4, I really hate it when companies try to resell me games I've already played.

#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Considering all the ways they could have gone with Halo 4, this is probably the lamest and safest option, so I'll go for Anniversary Edition to see if I still enjoy that game now as much as I did back then. 

#10 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Neither. I have no idea how good 343 are at making videogames.

#11 Posted by Veektarius (4147 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Continuing the story was the lamest option?
#12 Edited by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

halo remake this year, halo 4 next year. you better enjoy the next six years of annual halo instalments.

#13 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

I find it funny that there is going to be Halo 4, 5 AND 6. Didn't we finish the fight?

Did you even play Halo 3?
#14 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

I'd like to see a whole new set of enemies but yeah Halo 4 could be cool.

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

I'm excited for the CE remake, but I'm pretty sure they will manage to fuck it up somehow.  Bring me Halo 5, it will slightly improve upon Halo 4 before Halo 6 ruins everything.
#16 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

Halo 7

#17 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Halo Wars Phone 7

#18 Posted by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -

None of the above. I'm done with Halo.

#19 Posted by Construc (106 posts) -

Halo X-2!! I want to dress up master chief in dresses and sing j-pop!

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2471 posts) -

Where's my none option?

#21 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

I will probably buy both the anniversary edition and Halo 4, but I am much more excited about Halo 4. If 343 Industries can catch the same gameplay style that Bungie developed, I will be very pleased with the new Halo trilogy.

#22 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -
@Toms115: If they are all good games, why wouldnt people enjoy them.
#23 Edited by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Despite what I said about it before I am now looking forward to Anniversary. Its priced about right and you do get the multiplayer maps for Reach right? I dunno about 4 though I just think this is the stupidest way to make a new major Halo game. Why not let the Master Chief stay dead and go make new stories about the Covenant war or the rebuilding after? The story might be good but I suppose it needs to be good if they are going to make three of them. Initial reaction is a one of really not caring but well see as time goes on and its only a year and a half away. I have no idea what 343 can do as a studio, but they do have Frank O'Connor so maybe it will be alright.  Also only occurred to me that MS has almost had a Halo game out every year since 2007, except 2008 but Wars was in very early 2009.

#24 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:
Where's my none option?
It's called abstaining from threads you have nothing to contribute to.    

BTW...I picked 5.  You know 4 and 6 are just gonna disappoint.  5 is going to be that series' dark horse.
#25 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Only if H4LO is Masterchief must save an indigous species of a peace loving planet from an evil corporation or government from mining it's resources.

#26 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@Gabriel said:

Only if H4LO is Masterchief must save an indigous species of a peace loving planet from an evil corporation or government from mining it's resources.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... The Master Chief.
#27 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

ALL OF THEM.

#28 Posted by SamFo (1511 posts) -

This is a pretty silly poll! there are two too many options.

But for mine it's anniversary. Just becayse it is substantially closer than 4 and it will be a good test of if 343 can do justice to the original game :-)

#29 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -
@redbliss said:
@Toms115: If they are all good games, why wouldnt people enjoy them.
because it's always sad seeing a series being whored out
#30 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

Halo 4. I want to continue the fight more than relive it or speculate about it. 

#31 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Halo 4, but after listening to the Bombcast overnight podcast, I am more open to Anniversary.  If 383 or whoever is going the conversion can do something to shorten or liven up the dreaded "Library", then I could be on board since the game will be a $40 title. 

#32 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Halo 69.

#33 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Halo 4: Start another fight!

#34 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Veektarius said:
@HandsomeDead: Continuing the story was the lamest option?
The story of Halo had effectively ended. They could have gone on in any direction, just keeping the Master Chief and Cortana, and judging by the way the ending was done, it seemed like that was the intention.
#35 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2041 posts) -

Whichever one is coming out the soonest. In this case, Halo AE.

#36 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

You know, Halo 5 looked really good, but I dunno... Halo 6 will have smell-o-vision so I'm split down the middle here.

But in order to fully immerse yourself into Master Chief, you must be able to smell the inside of his suit... that he has worn non-stop for about six games. SMELL THE FUNK!

#37 Posted by Veektarius (4147 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: I can't say I agree.  If they wanted Master Chief dead, they woulda shown him dead.  But lost in space... I can't say I ever interpreted that as the end of his story, even if it might have been the end of what we saw of it.   

I think the real question is whether, far removed from Earth, they can keep many of the things that made Halo what it is without it turning into another deadly threat against Earth and a rehash of the Bungie games.
#38 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

Where's my all of them option.

#39 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:
Where's my none option?  

Also, I'm pretty happy with just Reach for a while. I'm loving its multiplayer.
#40 Posted by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

Wait, did they announce 5 and 6 as well?

#41 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -
Definetly halo 6 so we can finish the fi...wait a minute.
#42 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Halo 4. I'm looking forward to seeing where 343 takes the series.

#43 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Yes, but that doesn't excuse Microsoft milking the franchise.

#44 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Excuse them! For what making money and a game that millions of people want? 
#45 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

OMG PEOPLE WANT MONEY I AM SO SURPRISED. In all seriousness though, I was excited for Anniversary until yesterday on the livestream they said they'd be changing aspects of the gameplay...and I can't get with that.

#46 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

Halo is becoming more and more awesome 

@SMTDante89 said:

Where's my none option?
You don't get one
#47 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Cause millions of people are like ''Hey, I wish Microsoft will milk Halo even more than they have been doing for the last couple of years!''

#48 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

OMG PEOPLE WANT MONEY I AM SO SURPRISED. In all seriousness though, I was excited for Anniversary until yesterday on the livestream they said they'd be changing aspects of the gameplay...and I can't get with that.

I believe they are only changing The Library and even that isn't concerned, everything else will be the same.
#49 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

I'm going to say "Halo Wars: 2", and hope they put in a "some units" button, to compliment the "all units" button.  Or else, my favorite Halo game will be the LAST Halo game.

#50 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@zombie2011 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Cause millions of people are like ''Hey, I wish Microsoft will milk Halo even more than they have been doing for the last couple of years!''

Yeah, thats why Halo sell millions of copies every-time a new game is released. Seriously it's like talking with a child who doesn't understand the simplest business concepts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.