Who is doing Master Chief's voice in Forward Unto Dawn?

#1 Edited by KalAl (45 posts) -

Couldn't find this info anywhere I looked. The cast list shows Daniel Cudmore as the "actor", but as far as I know he just wears the suit. And there's no way that it's Steve Downes' voice unless he recently received a vocal cord transplant.

Whoever they got sounds really familiar though, that's why I'm so curious.

#2 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

It's a sound-alike, a few of the 343 devs like Frankie confirmed it. I guess it's because chronologically, the chief is only 15 at this point o.O

It's Steve Downes in Halo 4 though (during which the chief is anywhere from 25-40 years old physically, taking interstellar travel and cryosleep into account)

#3 Posted by impartialgecko (1694 posts) -

@Benny said:

It's a sound-alike, a few of the 343 devs like Frankie confirmed it. I guess it's because chronologically, the chief is only 15 at this point o.O

It's Steve Downes in Halo 4 though (during which the chief is anywhere from 25-40 years old physically, taking interstellar travel and cryosleep into account)

Now you have just made me want Halo 6 to have Old Chief in it.

#4 Posted by MEATBALL (3715 posts) -

@adam1808 said:

@Benny said:

Chief finally takes off his helmet to reveal that he is Old Snake.

#5 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

@adam1808 said:

@Benny said:

And I'll play the entire game with the young chief face camo because I can't accept it.

#6 Posted by DoctorTran (1576 posts) -
@MEATBALL

@adam1808 said:

@Benny said:

Oh god. OH GOD! I want that so bad!
#7 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1020 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

@adam1808 said:

@Benny said:

Boom.

#8 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

15? jeez...

#9 Posted by Mushy46 (13 posts) -

@MEATBALL: That would blow my mind LOL

#10 Posted by big_jon (5822 posts) -

Not sure, it has not been said, it is not Steve Downs though, since Chief is 15 or 16 he needed a slightly younger voice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.