why did they start it out without all the maps in rotation?

#1 Posted by Tarsier (1076 posts) -

there are 3 maps not in any of the game type rotations. impact, erosion and ravine.

why have they done this? im getting impatient waiting for them to update with these maps. i dont like their idea of 'lets start them out with some of the maps and add the rest later'. . . its not okay you guys, its not

#2 Posted by zombie2011 (5036 posts) -

Has 343 said anything about this? I didn't even know these maps existed until i saw this thread then checked the game. They made these 3 maps but aren't using them and it just doesn't make sense.

#3 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

maybe they are dlc maps not yet released but posted? idk

#4 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Aren't those the Forge maps?

#5 Edited by EerieTraveler (36 posts) -

All three of those are forge maps. They aren't meant to be played on as is.

#6 Posted by Aerobie (104 posts) -

@Soapy86: I believe so, I tried Erosion in a custom game, and they already have a preset map made out, definitely seemed good enough for matchmaking.

#7 Posted by BFOXY (1 posts) -

At least two of those (erosion and ravine) are mainly griffball maps, I'm sure they'll be in there when the playlist get updated

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (5036 posts) -

@EerieTraveler said:

All three of those maps are essentially forge templates. They aren't meant to be played on as is.

I haven't run around in them or anything, so are they completely empty?

#9 Edited by Tarsier (1076 posts) -

well son of a bitch 343 lets get a forge funzone playlist going because i want to PLAY THOSE MAPS

#10 Posted by big_jon (5775 posts) -

Drugs.

#11 Posted by musclerider (591 posts) -

Haven and Complex only.

#12 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

Those are the Forge maps but there is Relay and 2 other maps that were made using those forge maps that are not in rotation. Thats pretty disappointing since Relay is pretty awesome.

#13 Posted by EerieTraveler (36 posts) -

@zombie2011: There are some features strewn about but for the most part they are barren canvases for people to build on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.