WTF is up with Cortana

• 83 results
#1 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -
Is it just me or does she look off....could be just me but this is definitely not what I expected. I'm not trying to bash the developers but Cortana has always been a source of comfort for me in Halo, now she just looks so cold... probably just me but does any one else think she looks a lil off.
#2 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

I HATE THAT TYPO. "DEFINITELY" AND "DEFIANTLY" ARE TWO WORDS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ONE ANOTHER. THEY MEAN TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE THAT MISTAKE. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK THAT MUCH ALIKE. YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MAKE THAT SWITCH.

I have hardly played Halo at all, but I kind of know what Cortana looks like. Yeah she looks different, but I don't think necessarily "colder". Her hologram or whatever it is looks kinda icy there, but maybe it's mostly because of the scenery?

#3 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

Are you maybe confusing your feelings with the change of aesthetic versus it being a little off? You're use to a specific art-atyle and this one is vastly different. She looks more feminine, for one, which for some may be a put off since she's a hologram and your common sense (sensors) are going off.

#4 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@Snail said:

I HATE THAT TYPO. "DEFINITELY" AND "DEFIANTLY" ARE TWO WORDS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ONE ANOTHER. THEY MEAN TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE THAT MISTAKE. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK THAT MUCH ALIKE. YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MAKE THAT SWITCH.

I have hardly played Halo at all, but I kind of know what Cortana looks like. Yeah she looks different, but I don't think necessarily "colder". Her hologram or whatever it is looks kinda icy there, but maybe it's mostly because of the scenery?

It COULD work mannnn! Think about it! It's defiantly not want he was expecting. He's a rebel against the way they made Cortana! It's like, he's his own man and the way they chose to develop Cortana made him stand up and say, "NO". The MAN wants to put him down, but he's defiant to the man, and he's defiantly against this new Cortana!

#5 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

As Cortana evolved as an AI program so did her breasts and ass evolve to suit the needs of the games core demographic. The Forerunner technology allow all AI's to learn and enhance their tits and ass through careful interaction with their environments.

This was all in the novels, duh.

#6 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Snail: Sorry man changed it guess I clicked on the first thing that popped up in spell check...lol...Now would like help finding your "SHIT" cause from the looks of it you may have lost all of it...Defiantly :D

#7 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

@8bit_Archer: Oh, I guess that makes sense. Nah I'm fine, I just go berserk for three seconds and then calm down. If not I have to take a shot or something. It's pretty intense but I get by.

#8 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Snail: NO man I thought it was funny...I need people correcting me...if not I will always be a dumb shit...lol

#9 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

She has changed pretty significantly throughout the series, but she looks pretty close to how she did in the last couple games. WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THAT BOD IN MOTION TO JUDGE

#10 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Jams: Precisely...You "get" me Sir.

#11 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Humanity: So she got implants...got it.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I was under the impresssion she was much small then that.

#13 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -
#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

Cortana's new design seems to be more defined and detailed, and perhaps slightly less glowy. More than anything else I think it makes her look more human.

#15 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -
@Gamer_152 but... She's.....not...hu-man... :( I guess I'm just a crotchety old bastard at the early age of 25... "you kids get off my damn lawn" lol
#16 Posted by konig_kei (602 posts) -
@Humanity

As Cortana evolved as an AI program so did her breasts and ass evolve to suit the needs of the games core demographic. The Forerunner technology allow all AI's to learn and enhance their tits and ass through careful interaction with their environments.

Spot on, where else is she (it?) gonna store all that extra data
#17 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@Snail said:

I FUCKING HATE IT TOO.

No, really, out of all the common typos how in the fuckmothering hell do people make that one?

On topic: Here's an explanation: She's a computer program who projects herself as a hologram and can change her appearance at will. Since Skynet's taking over she's going rampant, her appearance might be changing.

#18 Posted by Brodehouse (9787 posts) -

Oh tits. Game developers and their love of tits. Don't you guys understand that it's about having a variety of different tits, rather than just all big ones? You want some small perky tits, and some floppy naturals, and some 60s torpedo tits, and some recently pregnant tits, and some wide set tits, and some mosquito bite nipple tits, and some dark areolea tits, even some fake ones every now and then.

If every lady in games has big tits, they stop being unique. And the ladies with the little tits are like "check it out, she's the one with the A cups".

#19 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

#20 Posted by HH (609 posts) -

most annoying character ever.

#21 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1561 posts) -

Now come on guys, Cortana wasn't the only one to receive some "modifications".

#22 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I am honestly bothered by how endowed she is. It's distracting and makes little sense. In halo 1 she was so crudely rendered in even the game's world that it made sense that she just had a feminine shape. Now she's basically a naked woman which is absurd for a professional organization. It would have served the game and the character better to either desexualize her or abstract her

#23 Posted by Slag (4223 posts) -

I thought this thread was going to be about how Cortana supposedly goes insane in this game.

I'm going to guess she may end up being the final boss.

#24 Posted by august (3833 posts) -

It's fine.

#25 Edited by GunstarRed (5103 posts) -

She looks more human which is fine. I suspect a lot of her look is just because of how much more detailed the art in Halo 4 looks. It is not as if it's any kind of Dante-like overhall, even with a quick glance you wouldn't mistake the design for anyone other than Cortana.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

343 is probably trying to make her look more human.

#27 Posted by mlarrabee (2910 posts) -

I liked her in the original trilogy, because she was very secure in her digital non/sexuality, and it showed in her interactions with the Master Chief. This iteration looks to have turned a confident, attractive, and very in charge boss into a Barbie, visually speaking.

If her personality remains unchanged I'm sure I'll be just fine with her new look after two minutes, just as I was with all of the other changes they've made over the years. If not...

#28 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

#floppynaturals

#29 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

She's a pretty blue lady.

#30 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

@8bit_Archer said:

@Gamer_152 but... She's.....not...hu-man... :( I guess I'm just a crotchety old bastard at the early age of 25... "you kids get off my damn lawn" lol

Not technically, but emotionally and in many ways psychologically she is. Really, I'm just happy to see 343 doing anything new in the series and I like the more detailed visual design.

#31 Posted by championfetus (245 posts) -

@believer258 said:

No, really, out of all the common typos how in the fuckmothering hell do people make that one?

I suppose it happens more often than other misspellings because defiantly is also an acceptable word. Anyone relying on spell check wouldn't notice the error.

#32 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I think now she just looks like a straight-up naked woman. That's what an exposed lady looks like.

#33 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Oh tits. Game developers and their love of tits. Don't you guys understand that it's about having a variety of different tits, rather than just all big ones? You want some small perky tits, and some floppy naturals, and some 60s torpedo tits, and some recently pregnant tits, and some wide set tits, and some mosquito bite nipple tits, and some dark areolea tits, even some fake ones every now and then. If every lady in games has big tits, they stop being unique. And the ladies with the little tits are like "check it out, she's the one with the A cups".

Yo player, ain't just the tits. Girl's generally lookin' a little more curvacious. I'm thinking someone at 343 decided that Cortana was insufficiently bootylicious in previous iterations as well.

#34 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@championfetus said:

@believer258 said:

I suppose it happens more often than other misspellings because defiantly is also an acceptable word. Anyone relying on spell check wouldn't notice the error.

Look at the letters on your keyboard. Unless every keyboard I've ever used is unconventional, then the sequence of characters that spell "definitely" are pretty far from the sequence of characters that spell "defiantly". They deviate greatly after four letters in.

#35 Posted by tweetspot (166 posts) -

i'm pretty sure her face is based off an actress doing mo-cap for her. plus she's losing her mind...

#36 Posted by championfetus (245 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@championfetus said:

@believer258 said:

Look at the letters on your keyboard. Unless every keyboard I've ever used is unconventional, then the sequence of characters that spell "definitely" are pretty far from the sequence of characters that spell "defiantly". They deviate greatly after four letters in.

That's just it. The people making the mistake use defiantly as definitely and they are never corrected. Either that or it's what the original poster said about someone choosing defiantly in the spell check instead of definitely.

#37 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Cortana is definitely more stacked.

#38 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Yeah, she looks odd to me as well. She kinda looks more like a human, which I think is part of the problem.

#39 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

She is a pretty virtual

#40 Posted by Babymauler (46 posts) -
#41 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

They had to sex her up for the nerds.

#42 Posted by AgnosticJesus (543 posts) -

I see tits on a daily basis so a video rendition of a female character doesn't even illicit a second look or thought. IMO it's an attempt to humanize an AI character since the story line is that she's coming to the end of her life cycle in Halo 4. Not really worthy of a hissy fit but gamers will find the most rudimentary thing to nitpick.

#43 Edited by KaneRobot (1509 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

#floppynaturals

#cybernaturals?

#floppysynthetics?

#44 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Tits are so 2008. If they wanna catch up to the industry and make REAL GAMES, we gotta be able to bone Cortana, not stare at her body. You gotta be able to fuck in the game, otherwise it's bush league!

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

#45 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

I hate change!

#46 Posted by pweidman (2319 posts) -

The rampancy is obviously causing her inner dominatrix to come forth...duh.

#47 Posted by Sevan (83 posts) -
#48 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

I see what you did there

#49 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

I see what you did there

Took you long enough

#50 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I was busy getting drunk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.