Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

WTF is up with Cortana

• 83 results
    Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Krockett
    Is it just me or does she look off....could be just me but this is definitely not what I expected. I'm not trying to bash the developers but Cortana has always been a source of comfort for me in Halo, now she just looks so cold... probably just me but does any one else think she looks a lil off.
    Is it just me or does she look off....could be just me but this is definitely not what I expected. I'm not trying to bash the developers but Cortana has always been a source of comfort for me in Halo, now she just looks so cold... probably just me but does any one else think she looks a lil off.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I HATE THAT TYPO. "DEFINITELY" AND "DEFIANTLY" ARE TWO WORDS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ONE ANOTHER. THEY MEAN TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE THAT MISTAKE. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK THAT MUCH ALIKE. YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MAKE THAT SWITCH.

I have hardly played Halo at all, but I kind of know what Cortana looks like. Yeah she looks different, but I don't think necessarily "colder". Her hologram or whatever it is looks kinda icy there, but maybe it's mostly because of the scenery?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

Are you maybe confusing your feelings with the change of aesthetic versus it being a little off? You're use to a specific art-atyle and this one is vastly different. She looks more feminine, for one, which for some may be a put off since she's a hologram and your common sense (sensors) are going off.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jams

@Snail said:

I HATE THAT TYPO. "DEFINITELY" AND "DEFIANTLY" ARE TWO WORDS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ONE ANOTHER. THEY MEAN TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS. HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE THAT MISTAKE. THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK THAT MUCH ALIKE. YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MAKE THAT SWITCH.

I have hardly played Halo at all, but I kind of know what Cortana looks like. Yeah she looks different, but I don't think necessarily "colder". Her hologram or whatever it is looks kinda icy there, but maybe it's mostly because of the scenery?

It COULD work mannnn! Think about it! It's defiantly not want he was expecting. He's a rebel against the way they made Cortana! It's like, he's his own man and the way they chose to develop Cortana made him stand up and say, "NO". The MAN wants to put him down, but he's defiant to the man, and he's defiantly against this new Cortana!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

As Cortana evolved as an AI program so did her breasts and ass evolve to suit the needs of the games core demographic. The Forerunner technology allow all AI's to learn and enhance their tits and ass through careful interaction with their environments.

This was all in the novels, duh.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Krockett

@Snail: Sorry man changed it guess I clicked on the first thing that popped up in spell check...lol...Now would like help finding your "SHIT" cause from the looks of it you may have lost all of it...Defiantly :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snail

@8bit_Archer: Oh, I guess that makes sense. Nah I'm fine, I just go berserk for three seconds and then calm down. If not I have to take a shot or something. It's pretty intense but I get by.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krockett

@Snail: NO man I thought it was funny...I need people correcting me...if not I will always be a dumb shit...lol

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By grilledcheez

She has changed pretty significantly throughout the series, but she looks pretty close to how she did in the last couple games. WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THAT BOD IN MOTION TO JUDGE

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Krockett

@Jams: Precisely...You "get" me Sir.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krockett

@Humanity: So she got implants...got it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I was under the impresssion she was much small then that.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Catarrhal
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Cortana's new design seems to be more defined and detailed, and perhaps slightly less glowy. More than anything else I think it makes her look more human.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krockett
    @Gamer_152 but... She's.....not...hu-man... :( I guess I'm just a crotchety old bastard at the early age of 25... "you kids get off my damn lawn" lol
    konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By konig_kei
    @Humanity

As Cortana evolved as an AI program so did her breasts and ass evolve to suit the needs of the games core demographic. The Forerunner technology allow all AI's to learn and enhance their tits and ass through careful interaction with their environments.

Spot on, where else is she (it?) gonna store all that extra data
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Justin258

@Snail said:

I FUCKING HATE IT TOO.

No, really, out of all the common typos how in the fuckmothering hell do people make that one?

On topic: Here's an explanation: She's a computer program who projects herself as a hologram and can change her appearance at will. Since Skynet's taking over she's going rampant, her appearance might be changing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh tits. Game developers and their love of tits. Don't you guys understand that it's about having a variety of different tits, rather than just all big ones? You want some small perky tits, and some floppy naturals, and some 60s torpedo tits, and some recently pregnant tits, and some wide set tits, and some mosquito bite nipple tits, and some dark areolea tits, even some fake ones every now and then.

If every lady in games has big tits, they stop being unique. And the ladies with the little tits are like "check it out, she's the one with the A cups".

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By swoxx

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HH

most annoying character ever.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Samaritan

Now come on guys, Cortana wasn't the only one to receive some "modifications".

No Caption Provided
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JazGalaxy

I am honestly bothered by how endowed she is. It's distracting and makes little sense. In halo 1 she was so crudely rendered in even the game's world that it made sense that she just had a feminine shape. Now she's basically a naked woman which is absurd for a professional organization. It would have served the game and the character better to either desexualize her or abstract her

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#23  Edited By Slag

I thought this thread was going to be about how Cortana supposedly goes insane in this game.

I'm going to guess she may end up being the final boss.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By august

It's fine.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By GunstarRed

She looks more human which is fine. I suspect a lot of her look is just because of how much more detailed the art in Halo 4 looks. It is not as if it's any kind of Dante-like overhall, even with a quick glance you wouldn't mistake the design for anyone other than Cortana.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Phatmac

343 is probably trying to make her look more human.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By audiosnow

I liked her in the original trilogy, because she was very secure in her digital non/sexuality, and it showed in her interactions with the Master Chief. This iteration looks to have turned a confident, attractive, and very in charge boss into a Barbie, visually speaking.

If her personality remains unchanged I'm sure I'll be just fine with her new look after two minutes, just as I was with all of the other changes they've made over the years. If not...

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#floppynaturals

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NathanStack

She's a pretty blue lady.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@8bit_Archer said:

@Gamer_152 but... She's.....not...hu-man... :( I guess I'm just a crotchety old bastard at the early age of 25... "you kids get off my damn lawn" lol

Not technically, but emotionally and in many ways psychologically she is. Really, I'm just happy to see 343 doing anything new in the series and I like the more detailed visual design.

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By championfetus

@believer258 said:

No, really, out of all the common typos how in the fuckmothering hell do people make that one?

I suppose it happens more often than other misspellings because defiantly is also an acceptable word. Anyone relying on spell check wouldn't notice the error.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dungbootle

I think now she just looks like a straight-up naked woman. That's what an exposed lady looks like.

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Loose

@Brodehouse said:

Oh tits. Game developers and their love of tits. Don't you guys understand that it's about having a variety of different tits, rather than just all big ones? You want some small perky tits, and some floppy naturals, and some 60s torpedo tits, and some recently pregnant tits, and some wide set tits, and some mosquito bite nipple tits, and some dark areolea tits, even some fake ones every now and then. If every lady in games has big tits, they stop being unique. And the ladies with the little tits are like "check it out, she's the one with the A cups".

Yo player, ain't just the tits. Girl's generally lookin' a little more curvacious. I'm thinking someone at 343 decided that Cortana was insufficiently bootylicious in previous iterations as well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Justin258

@championfetus said:

@believer258 said:

I suppose it happens more often than other misspellings because defiantly is also an acceptable word. Anyone relying on spell check wouldn't notice the error.

Look at the letters on your keyboard. Unless every keyboard I've ever used is unconventional, then the sequence of characters that spell "definitely" are pretty far from the sequence of characters that spell "defiantly". They deviate greatly after four letters in.

tweetspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By tweetspot

i'm pretty sure her face is based off an actress doing mo-cap for her. plus she's losing her mind...

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By championfetus

@believer258 said:

@championfetus said:

@believer258 said:

Look at the letters on your keyboard. Unless every keyboard I've ever used is unconventional, then the sequence of characters that spell "definitely" are pretty far from the sequence of characters that spell "defiantly". They deviate greatly after four letters in.

That's just it. The people making the mistake use defiantly as definitely and they are never corrected. Either that or it's what the original poster said about someone choosing defiantly in the spell check instead of definitely.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MideonNViscera

Cortana is definitely more stacked.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, she looks odd to me as well. She kinda looks more like a human, which I think is part of the problem.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JaredA

She is a pretty virtual

Babymauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Babymauler
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By blueduck

They had to sex her up for the nerds.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I see tits on a daily basis so a video rendition of a female character doesn't even illicit a second look or thought. IMO it's an attempt to humanize an AI character since the story line is that she's coming to the end of her life cycle in Halo 4. Not really worthy of a hissy fit but gamers will find the most rudimentary thing to nitpick.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By KaneRobot

@TheVeteran13 said:

#floppynaturals

#cybernaturals?

#floppysynthetics?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Humanity said:

Tits are so 2008. If they wanna catch up to the industry and make REAL GAMES, we gotta be able to bone Cortana, not stare at her body. You gotta be able to fuck in the game, otherwise it's bush league!

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I hate change!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pweidman

The rampancy is obviously causing her inner dominatrix to come forth...duh.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sevan
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By swoxx

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

I see what you did there

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Swoxx said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Swoxx said:

@Snail said:

u mad bro? LolZ

He is defiantly mad.

I see what you did there

Took you long enough

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By swoxx

@AhmadMetallic: I was busy getting drunk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.