Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

343i Responding to Fan Feedback On Halo 5:Beta

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theacidskull

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

Honestly, I'm pretty damn satisfied with what I heard. 343i seemed hellbent on making up for the colossal fuck up that was MCC. They've been listening to the fans, and while the couldn't make fundamental changes, obviously, they still treated the reactions with respect.

What changes I personally liked:

• Modifying the Ground-Pound controls - It's hard to pull of as it is, the controls weren't making it any easier.
    • Classic modes seem to be back - "I’m happy to say that we will provide toggles in custom games so that sprint and the other Spartan Abilities can be turned off."
    • The Legendary Rocket Launcher is back, baby!
    No Caption Provided
    • Ability to turn of Vibration feedback from weapons - Twitch was horribly annoying.
    • They've seemed to have maintained the ranking system, which I really liked. You gain credit by winning games, which incentivizes players to work better with their teammates.
    • Increase base speed and Reduce top sprint speed.

Also, while I didn't mind the Bro-animations, from the sound of it, they are considering removing that intro scene, or making it more professional to fit the SPARTAN status.

Well, that's it folks, What do you think?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm curious to see how the ranking system actually works, and if unlocks and experience gained towards them are affected by it. I'm the world's shittiest Halo player and I regularly lose about 2/3's of the matches I'm in. Having all that locked behind some wall because I'd rather drive Warthogs than shoot dudes would kind of suck.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Remove the bro animations and most of the in game dialogue. Please.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I never got around to trying the game in the beta but the one thing that annoyed me in the gameplays was the fake dialog and callouts. They can be in the game, just let me turn it off.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never got around to trying the game in the beta but the one thing that annoyed me in the gameplays was the fake dialog and callouts. They can be in the game, just let me turn it off.

They made it clear in the interview that you can turn the dialogue off with no probs.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

@frostyryan said:

Agree with the first but not so much the second because I found some of the callouts to be helpful with situational awareness. Plus there's this.

• General tuning for announcer and Spartan chatter to reduce the frequency of events and focus on the information that matters most to players
    @turtlebird95 said:

And done

• Spartan chatter: players will have the option to turn this on or off in the settings menu

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So, is MCC ever going to be fixed or have they given up on it?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

New "der blinkenlites" from the new game will make everyone forget the old problems!

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theacidskull

@corevi said:

There's a huge update coming this month. They have multiple people/players testing it. Hopefully it'll be a game changer, because after completing all campaigns, I want to play the Multiplayer.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, but I think it's too late for fixes at this point, at least as far as a sales thing goes. MCC was busted, in a way that would be funny if it weren't the MIcrosoft tentpole release that should have come out perfect instead of basically on fire.

How this was able to happen I'm still shocked at, how Microsoft allowed the game that their system is known for to be still something of a mess 3 months later is staggering to me.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By notnert427

@theacidskull said:

@corevi said:

There's a huge update coming this month. They have multiple people/players testing it. Hopefully it'll be a game changer, because after completing all campaigns, I want to play the Multiplayer.

I begrudgingly must admit that the MCC has been a huge letdown. It's definitely not a total loss because all the campaign stuff alone was worth what it cost (IMO), especially if you factor in the "apology" stuff like the free month of Live, ODST, et al., but that the multiplayer still isn't fixed is simply unacceptable. I'm not hopeful the next patch will be the answer or not get delayed again, either, and I'm well-aware of what's reportedly going into the testing of it. While I fully believe that there are a bunch of people trying to fix it who genuinely love Halo, obviously something is fundamentally broken there, and we're entering (if not past) the point where a bunch of people won't even care if it ever does work. I'm about there myself, honestly.

Microsoft pushing Halo 5 isn't helping, either. I know the beta for that game seems very promising, and I understand why MS would rather point attention at that than to the MCC multiplayer continuing to be on fire, but it basically sends a message to the MCC owners that MS has moved onto Halo 5 and that they should, too, even if that's not actually the case. Count me among the few who aren't all that excited about Halo 5 and just want Halo: CE multiplayer to work like it should. The MCC should have been a huge feather in the MS/Xbox One cap, and instead it's a black eye. I appreciate that they've tried to "make it right" (and in terms of overall value of the MCC, I think they have), but they need to make the multiplayer actually WORK. Here's hoping it happens someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main issue from what I played was weapon balance. Now that the Assault Rifle has such long range, and can get 1-hit headshot kills on unshielded players (which automatic weapons never did before), it feels like the battle rifle and DMR aren't even worth the trouble.

FAKE EDIT: Oh wait, hang on:

- Reduce bonuses for automatic weapons in Smart-Link & w/ headshots

...Well, uhh, good job then! Carry on.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I loved the beta. So polish the graphics and make sure the online works to appease me greatly.

I have high hopes for the campaign. Hopefully there's some sort of progression, since I like replaying levels but liked replaying Reach 100 times due to daily challenges.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sorry, but I think it's too late for fixes at this point, at least as far as a sales thing goes. MCC was busted, in a way that would be funny if it weren't the MIcrosoft tentpole release that should have come out perfect instead of basically on fire.

How this was able to happen I'm still shocked at, how Microsoft allowed the game that their system is known for to be still something of a mess 3 months later is staggering to me.

These are tweaks/fixes for Halo 5, which is still in beta.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@corevi said:

I begrudgingly must admit that the MCC has been a huge letdown. It's definitely not a total loss because all the campaign stuff alone was worth what it cost (IMO), especially if you factor in the "apology" stuff like the free month of Live, ODST, et al., but that the multiplayer still isn't fixed is simply unacceptable. I'm not hopeful the next patch will be the answer or not get delayed again, either, and I'm well-aware of what's reportedly going into the testing of it. While I fully believe that there are a bunch of people trying to fix it who genuinely love Halo, obviously something is fundamentally broken there, and we're entering (if not past) the point where a bunch of people won't even care if it ever does work. I'm about there myself, honestly.

Microsoft pushing Halo 5 isn't helping, either. I know the beta for that game seems very promising, and I understand why MS would rather point attention at that than to the MCC multiplayer continuing to be on fire, but it basically sends a message to the MCC owners that MS has moved onto Halo 5 and that they should, too, even if that's not actually the case. Count me among the few who aren't all that excited about Halo 5 and just want Halo: CE multiplayer to work like it should. The MCC should have been a huge feather in the MS/Xbox One cap, and instead it's a black eye. I appreciate that they've tried to "make it right" (and in terms of overall value of the MCC, I think they have), but they need to make the multiplayer actually WORK. Here's hoping it happens someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the problem is that the development team is too focused on the new Halo 5 right now, so MMC got a short end of the stick. And I pretty much agree on everything you just said, excluding the fact that I am really excited for halo 5. Hopefully the next patch will fix things up so we can get to enjoy the classic halo multiplayer.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I only played a few matches of the beta, but I really wish they would move away from the armor unlocks. It's been around for too many games now, and I've lost interest in the system. I don't need incentive to play multiplayer, but it would be cool to see something new.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead said:

I only played a few matches of the beta, but I really wish they would move away from the armor unlocks. It's been around for too many games now, and I've lost interest in the system. I don't need incentive to play multiplayer, but it would be cool to see something new.

Well, they did say that the BETA was just a small view of the whole game, so it's still possible that we'll have something new.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.