Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

First glimpse at Halo 5, Concept Art

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

The first glimps of Halo 5 "concept art" halo loves its' concept art. If they follow the Halo 4 schedrule we'll be seeing a vidoc in march, hopefully that is the case. They also added some dude that worked on a OG xbox star wars game and the 2013 Reboot.

As some of you may know, we added a new Creative Director to our team in 2013. Tim Longo joined us last May, coming to us by way of LucasArts. Tim carries with him almost two decades of game development experience during which he has worked on titles such as Tomb Raider (2013), Star Wars: Republic Commando and most recently the unreleased FPS, Star Wars: First Assault

No Caption Provided

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LucidDreams117

Looks beautiful as Halo's art always has. Already have it as my wallpaper. I'm excited about having Tim Longo. Sounds like he has some good time spent in the industry.

Kind of unrelated, but Microsoft Studios recently welcomed back Joe Staten. He left Bungie late last year. Was with them since 98. Makes me curious though why he left Bungie even before Destiny shipped. Anyway, he's back with Microsoft Studios. Not 343. So perhaps nothing to do with Halo.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Neat! Rumor is that Halo 5 seems to have Halo 3 like levels, or whatever. I imagine opey-world type of levels where you just wander the sand. And also that there are several planets for you and Cortana to just wander to with your little spaceship thing. Sounds very fucking awesome. :D

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

No interest in Halo but any mention of Star Wars: Republic Commando gets me excited.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Yes please! Judging by that art, I hope there will be more city levels in the game. I'm a little tired of forests and canyons in all of those games. If there was ever a single game for me to warrant buying an Xbox One it'll be for Halo 5.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

Halo 4 was very cool, but it didn't hook me like all the others did. Now that they've built the foundation I really hope they do some exciting new things. If they're on the right track, I'll buy a Halo system bundle.

But fix those damn grenades!

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I wonder if I will ever not be disappointed in a halo game again.

Maybe if they make a Halo Wars 2.

Or if they relieve what makes the first halo games so fun gameplay wise.

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
    sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's pick this photo apart. Is that a halcyon-class cruise-

Aw who cares, it looks bitchin'

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art is cool as shit

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilikepopcans: yes! A thousand times over. Halo Wars 2. Bring it on!! If there was ever one game I wanted a sequel to, it's Halo Wars.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigjeffrey

@luciddreams117: good to see him back at MS he has always been prominent in the Halo community AND the voice of the Grunts!!!!

Also

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Always loved Halo's art design. Hopefully, a lot more earth and cities this time around.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Looks like some sort of large military outpost. And in dim light or night. That's definitely not something you get a lot of in Halo. Ever notice how night levels are so uncommon? Is night lighting really hard or do they just want to make that stuff special when it happens? That's a big part of why ODST felt so damn cool. Sneaking around that city in middle of the night.

Anyway, I usually enjoy the Halo games, at very least just to play through the campaign. This'll probably be what gets me to pick up a Xbox One.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Voxus

Spaceship confirmed.

Actually Halo still speculated.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I love the art, makes me hope for a beautifully intricate city level.

But just so you guys are aware, the recent quotes out of Microsoft imply that this is not Halo 5, and it is known that they are working on two games.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@big_jon: What? They are? You don't mean like Assassin's Creed do you? One on... One and the other on the 360? I really don't think that Microsoft would do that since surely they want to sell people Xbox Ones... That can't be it then, what exactly do you mean?

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

As much as I'm consistently disappointed by every Halo game I play (even the ones I want to like), damn if I don't love the franchise's concept art. Man. That is some good stuff right there.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah 343 is developing multiple Halo games, I'd guess they're Xbox one games.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By fobwashed

While I'm not always super into them, I always enjoy romping through the campaign in Halo games. Call of Duty on the other hand lost me. I may check out Ghosts once it hits the bargan bin or a hard Steam sale...

Anyway, this art looks pretty damn awesome. I'm really looking forward to what they can do with the increased gpu/cpu speeds and ram =)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sure looks pretty. I'm not the biggest fan of Halo, but I always take notice when another one comes out.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigjeffrey
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, that sure is some concept ass concept art.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me a piece of shit but I'd love a Halo 2 anniversary. Not wanting them to continue after that though really, I don't have much desire for a more HD Halo 3

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

Holy shit it looks like some generic ass sci-fi, yup, Halo confirmed.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Capum15

Love me some concept art. Looks great.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By fattony12000

God fucking damn it.

THIS is how I find out that Joe has left Bungie? Fuck. I'm never going to get to hear him on any goddamn shitting podcast ever again, am I? That thing was the best thing ever made by Bungie goddamn it all to hell. Shit.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

And we all know that screenshots completely convey how great a game is, right?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@extomar said:

@humanity said:

And we all know that screenshots completely convey how great a game is, right?

That was a little snarkier than intended. This criticism is complete separate from gameplay, but I find Halo's aesthetic to be the most boring representation of sci-fi. I understand why they chose it, but those empty, monolithic corridors that compromise most interior and exteriors is just so devoid of character. The last Halo game I played was Reach and I simply hate the open fields and weird "tower" structures that don't feel like they actually function in any way. It might be a stupid complain but to me Halo never seemed to graduate out of looking like a game - and by that I mean other shooters try to make their levels feel somewhat authentic to the setting their in. You know, stairs, consoles, just stuff that would potentially be used by people that lived there. Halo always looked like this Quake mod to me.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EXTomar

You are right that my snark is a bit harsh but some are asking infer more out of screenshots and art work than they should. I have held this position for awhile and isn't exclusive to this game where screenshots like this are good in the sense it shows "work in progress" but it does little to indicate what is in the game. I am also pretty negative on the environment too where I feel Halo 4 misstep going "hyper realistic" just highlights how unrealistic everything is instead of how mystical or mythical. So now it is more of this "monothic" style with hyper realistic textures and I feel it doesn't go together very well.

I have a feeling Halo 5 is going to look just fine. What should concern people is if what it is going to play like where there is a parallel thing in the "It has been 6 years, where is the next Half-life?" I suspect the heads at Valve want to do it but know that even a specular single player game isn't enough any more.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

When I heard they hired the Creative Director behind Republic Commando, my interest sparked back up to pre-Reach levels.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All concept art looks cool...but really isn't that the issue. You can't glean anything beyond "this will be science fiction looking" from any of the art shown. Color hue of objects in the game...nope? Actual look of objects as polygons...nope. Look of characters or environments...nope.

It all bullocks until they show the game in motion in engine, and if the pull a Borderlands you might not even have a frickin' clue what the game will be like. It hopeful bollocks, but it still nothing like what you will see in the game.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

spaceships ok thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.