Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

First Trailer / Images Of Halo: Nightfall

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

First look at that Ridley Scott live action Halo thing. The "movie?" is going to be a origin story for Agent Locke who is the other spartan on the promo art of Halo 5: Guardians. Excited about this for some reason, i thought Forward Onto dawn was okay and something with a bigger budget like this REALLY gets me excited. Dude looks badass with that DRM.

dude on top

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Taking place between the events of Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: Nightfall follows the origin story of legendary manhunter Jameson Locke (Mike Colter) and his team as they are caught in a horrific terrorist attack while investigating terrorist activity on the distant colony world of Sedra. Led by Locke, the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) agents are forced to coordinate with a Sedran commander with a remarkable history and deep-rooted mistrust of ONI. As the plot unravels, they’re drawn to an ancient, hellish artifact where they’re forced to fight for their survival, question everything, and ultimately choose between their loyalties and their lives. Agent Locke is a new character in the Halo universe poised to play a major role inHalo 5: Guardians releasing on Xbox One in 2015.

Source

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Looks like a Ridley Scott thing.

If they could just make more spartans why didn't they do that after Reach?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided

I heard its supposed to be a couple of episodes, 90 minutes each?? I think.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Don't know anything about it, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing it.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they did with the Spartan IV program but it took a while to crank them out. Master Chief is a Spartan 2 which are the ones that good juiced up and experimented on. Spartan4's are like regular soilders in battle armor 2's are like walking tanks.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@corruptedevil said:

they did with the Spartan IV program but it took a while to crank them out. Master Chief is a Spartan 2 which are the ones that good juiced up and experimented on. Spartan4's are like regular soilders in battle armor 2's are like walking tanks.

I think they're both juiced up, but Spartan 2's are indoctrinated from birth and 4's are volunteers.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Corevi
    @bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

Let me rephrase that, why didn't they make more Spartans that are exactly like Master Chief, or at the least Noble Squad.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By EuanDewar

@corruptedevil said:
    @bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

Let me rephrase that, why didn't they make more Spartans that are exactly like Master Chief

I believe the in-universe explanation was that it was just too time-consuming and expensive a thing to do when you're constantly at war with everything. Much easier to just take adult men/women and put 'em in fancy suits then go through with all that fancy gene therapy and extensive training.

Oh and I think Spartan II's came from a specific gene pool whose genes allowed for them to be fitted with augmentations without them being crippled for life.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey

@bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

Let me rephrase that, why didn't they make more Spartans that are exactly like Master Chief

I believe they stopped doing that because kiddnapping children, replacing them with clones that die shorty after and then training and experimenting on them to become war machines is pretty messed up. also they arrested Dr.Halsey who was the person in charge of doing that

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

I think they're both juiced up, but Spartan 2's are indoctrinated from birth and 4's are volunteers.

They weren't as heavily modified on a genetic/physical level as the 2's though. 4's have some stuff done to their bodies but they're more reliant on the body armor and tech and weren't trained since childhood like the 2's were

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, damn, at least it looks nice. Things like Mortal Kombat Legacy and Street Fighter Assassin's Fist give me hope that live action video game stuff can be great if handled by the right people so I pray that this follows that trend especially since 343 has gotten me to care about Halo again like I haven't cared about Halo since I was in highschool.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Halo has the been the most successful video game property with the whole cross media thing. Most of the books range from decent to surprisingly good and I was actually quite impressed with Forward Unto Dawn. Apart from the shitty looking costumes and sets it was surprisingly entertaining. I'm cautiously optimistic about the live action stuff they've got in the pipeline, and even though I really didn't love the direction 343 took things with Halo 4 I still find myself with a strong attachment to this series.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one thing about Halo that's always bothered me is how the primary means of experiencing the fiction - the games - has almost no fiction to speak of. It's like the art designers built all these cool worlds and concepts and the script writers can't be arsed to put any of it into the game. Instead they shove all the important shit into side content and, if you actually want to know what's going on, you need to search for it and pay a premium.

Normally this doesn't bother me in games because the content you're looking for is also present in the same game. In Halo, it's in comics, novels, made for youtube movies, and the like.

Also this thing in particular looks pretty cool.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

meh, looks ok so far, not gonna pass judgement one way or the other.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigjeffrey
    No Caption Provided

promo image, there is a panel at comic con so there will probably be more info.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

@euandewar said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

I believe the in-universe explanation was that it was just too time-consuming and expensive a thing to do when you're constantly at war with everything. Much easier to just take adult men/women and put 'em in fancy suits then go through with all that fancy gene therapy and extensive training.

Oh and I think Spartan II's came from a specific gene pool whose genes allowed for them to be fitted with augmentations without them being crippled for life.

I read The Fall of Reach in high school, I can answer this! Sort of!

The whole Spartan II program was headed by Dr Halsey. However, as @euandewar said, it was really expensive and time consuming. They essentially kidnapped young kids and threw them into military training programs that made Ender's Game look like summer camp. And sometime in their teenage years, they set up augmentations for those kids. As I recall, only around thirty of them actually got through the augmentation process in good enough shape for military duty. The rest either died or were crippled. Just from that little paragraph, you can imagine a myriad number of potential issues, both practically and morally.

From what I remember, Spartan I's were just regular badass soldiers (essentially an army of Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in Commando). III's and IV's were just programs intended to produce soldiers that has as many Spartan II qualities as possible without going completely overboard in the time, cost, and moral questionability departments. I think Halo Reach was Spartan III's.

So, yeah, there's my embarrassing "I know too much about Halo" post.

EDIT: Oh right. Something on topic. At least it doesn't look completely silly. Looking back at the first three games, it's hard to imagine those turning into a live action movie that doesn't look ridiculous. But then, we live in a world where The Avengers and those Thor movies are popular things, so perhaps a Halo movie that smartly uses a similar aesthetic won't look so out of place after all.

Still, I doubt that I will watch it, unless practically everyone on the internet starts talking about it.

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did this not get scrapped with the Microsoft studios closure?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@jeremyko said:

Did this not get scrapped with the Microsoft studios closure?

All the film projects in motion they decided to keep or something like that.

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: oh cool. I took that news as they completely canned all of this stuff. Glad it's still in production.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bigjeffrey
    Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm hopeful about this but I'll wait until its actually airing to get too excited about it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This probably has no chance of being genuinely good, but those promo images look nice.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RazielCuts
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no surprise looks like Prometheus / Alien.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from the guns, this doesn't really look like Halo.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@bigjeffrey said:

@corruptedevil said:

Let me rephrase that, why didn't they make more Spartans that are exactly like Master Chief, or at the least Noble Squad.

Not to mention that all of the Halo games besides Halo Wars and Halo 4 take place in the span of a few months, so after the Spartan II's all died out, even if they were going to make more, they'd be years away from being completed. They had been working on less inhumane versions of Spartans during that time, though.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ruiner

I don't care about Halo. But I liked Forward Unto Dawn and I could really go for some sci fi that's not about class warfare or the post apocalypse. Also It's nice to get a black space hero for a change. I think the last ones I can remember wer Ben Sisko and Zoe Washburn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.