Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

"Halo 5: Guardians" Reveal Fall Of 2015 / Xbox One.

• 77 results
    bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

All I can say is "YAY" and I'm curious what they'll do to make it just a little different.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By bslayer

Oh, I wonder if the top spartan is maybe Chief's new armor and he's looking at the reflection of his former self? Or something. I don't know.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By AngriGhandi

I love the Halo games and will probably have to buy an Xbox One by the time this game comes out.

There, I said it.

I SAID IT

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great another halo for 343 to ruin.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

After Halo 4 I don't care in the slightest.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I"m surprised by how many announcements we're getting before E3. Either everyone is just trying to get ahead of leaks or maybe E3 reveals just don't matter as much as they used to. Either way, I'm interested in seeing what they do with Halo 5.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Tennmuerti

@bslayer said:

Oh, I wonder if the top spartan is maybe Chief's new armor and he's looking at the reflection of his former self? Or something. I don't know.

My money is on Cortana in a robot body. Since it looks disproportionate for armor, it's got a slightly feminine look, and that's the only big thing you can juxtapose versus Chief's big breeches to be on the same level.

It will be fun to come back to this theory when we know for certain anyway.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man MS keeps revealing all of this stuff before E3. Either their E3 is going to be absurd or it just doesn't matter as much anymore, like Jeff has said.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#60 FinalDasa  Moderator

Have they announced if Halo 5 is Xbox One exclusive? As in no 360?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That is all awesome. Halo 2 Anniversary this year.... :D

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Seppli

Is it just me, or does it sound like they want to take on Battlefield with Halo 5?

It's about time DICE gets some competition again. They've been slapping their prowess in the industry's collective face for far too long, without anybody trying to outdo them at their game.

Large-scale Halo-warfare with tons of vehicles and spartans in the field? Tons of environmental destruction in natural feeling life-like maps? That might just make me pull the trigger on buying an Xbox One.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Honestly, this is still gonna be the game that gets to buy an Xbox One. The core gameplay just continues to feel good to me, and the multiplayer has just the right balance of skill and chaotic nonsense.

They just have to fix Halo 4's shitty grenades.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this one will live up to my Halo expectations. Seriously, if this NEXT-GEN Halo doesn't revolutionize it's gameplay I'll be sick to my stomach. Sick of this "We don't want to hurt anyone's baby" crap. Give me a Halo that transcends, and give me Halo 2 Anniversary (My baby)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@seppli: Given the state of Battlefield 4, I'd say that DICE are their own worst enemy.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: you could very well be right. And I agree that it will be fun to come back to this. Man, fighting alongside Cortana could be pretty cool.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By Seppli

@hailinel said:

@seppli: Given the state of Battlefield 4, I'd say that DICE are their own worst enemy.

Sure, BF4 was quite troubled at times, but it's been pretty great of late. I'm sure BF4 will have been a mostly positive experience for most Battlefield fans, looking back on it from whatever Battlefield game comes next.

Also - nobody does what DICE does in that scope and scale and fidelity - until that changes, I don't think they've much to worry about. It would be nice if the next Battlefield game has less issues of course. It's not like BF4 didn't hurt their image some. It certainly has.

As far as I'm concerned, DICE has been without equal since they introduced the Frostbite engine with Bad Company 1, and they still are.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Given that they have built a "brand new and more powerful engine" for Halo 5 it's safe to say Xbox One only. Halo 4 was pretty much the 360 hitting it's graphical peak I dont think any game will look or preform better that H4. Halo 2 Anniversary will probably be the last Halo game on 360 (hey, all 3 games in the trilogy on 1 plat)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#69 FinalDasa  Moderator

@finaldasa said:

Given that they have built a "brand new and more powerful engine" for Halo 5 it's safe to say Xbox One only. Halo 4 was pretty much the 360 hitting it's graphical peak I dont think any game will look or preform better that H4. Halo 2 Anniversary will probably be the last Halo game on 360 (hey, all 3 games in the trilogy on 1 plat)

I would hope so. It seems like a great chance to show off to those who still haven't upgraded why they should. You need to, at some point, really show the potential of these systems by dedicating production time to just the next-gen version.

pondwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they said at some point that it wouldn't be Halo "5". I was expecting another few Halo: Subtitle games before the next numbered release.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What the hell is Microsoft's press conference going to be at this point? The Kinect news is out already, this is out and all that Sunset Overdrive footage. They'd better have some kick ass stuff up their sleeves to be dropping all this early.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I don't care about Halo at all, but still it's probably the xbox's biggest exclusive franchise and even though it was expected I still think it's kinda crazy they revealed the title and a new character just under a month before E3.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Is it just me, or does it sound like they want to take on Battlefield with Halo 5?

It's about time DICE gets some competition again. They've been slapping their prowess in the industry's collective face for far too long, without anybody trying to outdo them at their game.

Large-scale Halo-warfare with tons of vehicles and spartans in the field? Tons of environmental destruction in natural feeling life-like maps? That might just make me pull the trigger on buying an Xbox One.

that would sound awesome if executed correctly.

Reminded me of this scene from Reach, some crazy vehicle mayhem. Banshees V. Warthogs.

Loading Video...

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

could 'guardians' hint at squad control?

wishful thinking right here.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@banefirelord: Halo 5 footage, whatever the fuck Quantum Break is, Forza Horizon 2, Call of Duty: AW and some new games.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By EchoEcho

What the hell is Microsoft's press conference going to be at this point? The Kinect news is out already, this is out and all that Sunset Overdrive footage. They'd better have some kick ass stuff up their sleeves to be dropping all this early.

Ryse 2: Son of Son of Rome

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure, I will play a new Halo on the new Xbox, for old times' sake.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I like 343's Halo, for some reason it feels a bit like Metroid Prime. Can't wait to see more of Halo 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.