Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Comes To 360 On November 15

• 52 results
Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -
Out with those baby graphics!

Before you finish the fight with Master Chief in Halo 4, return to the very first fight--the fight you thought was finished in 2001-- and finish it all over again.

During Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, the minds behind 343 Industries announced Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, an updated and enhanced remake of the original Halo: Combat Evolved. Commemorating ten years of Spartans, Team Slayer, Needlers, plasma grenades, Warthogs, and teabags, Halo Anniversary will feature an enhanced retelling of the original Halo campaign with HD graphics.

In addition to the campaign, Halo Anniversary will feature seven updated versions of the original game's multiplayer maps, which means that you'll finally be able to play the REAL Blood Gulch in an online Halo match (you know, instead of all those fake Blood Gulch maps.)

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be released for the 360 on Novermber 15.

#1 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -
Out with those baby graphics!

Before you finish the fight with Master Chief in Halo 4, return to the very first fight--the fight you thought was finished in 2001-- and finish it all over again.

During Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, the minds behind 343 Industries announced Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, an updated and enhanced remake of the original Halo: Combat Evolved. Commemorating ten years of Spartans, Team Slayer, Needlers, plasma grenades, Warthogs, and teabags, Halo Anniversary will feature an enhanced retelling of the original Halo campaign with HD graphics.

In addition to the campaign, Halo Anniversary will feature seven updated versions of the original game's multiplayer maps, which means that you'll finally be able to play the REAL Blood Gulch in an online Halo match (you know, instead of all those fake Blood Gulch maps.)

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be released for the 360 on Novermber 15.

#2 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Soooo excited.

#3 Posted by monkeynuts8 (73 posts) -

could be good

#4 Posted by Animoz (26 posts) -

More Halo!! :D

#5 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -
Cheevos, yo 
#6 Posted by Gnorbooth (269 posts) -

Probably the thing that excited me the most from the press conference.

HANG EM' HIGH BOYS!

#7 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

Getting this

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

Can't wait for this. Loved the original Halo.

#9 Posted by JimmyJackJones (81 posts) -

I wonder if the new graphics will help make it seem like you're not just going through the same locations over and over again? I'm pretty excited to play this, but yeah, some of those locations got old.

#10 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

Blood Gulch! So many memories of that map and split screen.

#11 Edited by TekZero (2638 posts) -

Isn't 10 years a little too soon to start remaking titles?  If that's the case, then I demand a remake of Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.

#12 Posted by Treythalomew (97 posts) -

How can you have story about the remake and ignore that it will only have 6 competitive multiplayer maps. The original game had 13. They said 7 maps and one of those is a firefight map.

#13 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Gnorbooth said:

HANG EM' HIGH BOYS!

Hell yeah. Still the best map in a Halo game.
#14 Posted by bkbroiler (1586 posts) -

This will be a fun trip back to my high school dayz.

#15 Posted by Yuriofwind (19 posts) -

I have a lot of fond memories of playing the original(PC version) with some good friends. I'm hoping this can recreate those memories.

#16 Posted by MisterChief (829 posts) -

@Treythalomew said:

How can you have story about the remake and ignore that it will only have 6 competitive multiplayer maps. The original game had 13. They said 7 maps and one of those is a firefight map.

It also has every Reach map. Is that enough for you?

#17 Posted by MeatSim (10603 posts) -

I do like the original Blood Gulch map.

#18 Posted by chasenheimer (1 posts) -

Damnation or get the fuck out.

#19 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Somehow I feel like this is going to get delayed.

#20 Posted by weavminas (82 posts) -

Everyone can see that this is just how they are justifying a yearly release of a Halo multiplayer right? They would've included Halo 2 remastered but they need a release for holiday 2013.

#21 Posted by Gnorbooth (269 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

@Gnorbooth said:

HANG EM' HIGH BOYS!

Hell yeah. Still the best map in a Halo game.

100% truth! Blood Gulch can suck on it compared to the amazingness that is Hang Em' High. The one and only Halo map anybody would ever need.

#22 Posted by theswoosh (162 posts) -

Halo Reach was a terrible gameplay engine. Very dated and the weapon rate of fire was painfully slow and controlled. Also hated the new weapon and architecture design. So this really does not interest me. 

#23 Posted by louiedog (2331 posts) -

How about a $10 remastered campaign on XBLA and a $10 Halo: CE multiplayer pack for Reach? I'd get that in an instant. 

Oh wait, no? It's a disc release and probably $40? Now I'll wait for a price drop.

#24 Posted by Hobbies (975 posts) -

No matter where the series ended up, Halo: CE is still fucking awesome, and I'm very interested in seeing how this remake turns out. Nostalgia is hittin' me hard right now.

#25 Posted by tourgen (4241 posts) -

Good news for halo fans I guess

#26 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

I never got to play the original so, to me, this is fucking awesome news. I was going to buy this for 10$ a month or so ago too....

#27 Posted by shazb0t (67 posts) -

Well, it's not Bungie, so I'm not sure what to think. 

But at least it's not Saber Interactive, like the rumors said before. I guess cautious optimism is the best route here.

#28 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

Will buy!

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (34615 posts) -

Eh, I'll probably get this, mainly because I'm an insane idiot.

#30 Posted by UnrealDP (1217 posts) -

With online wultiplayer this could be pretty cool, but i want custom edition on my xbox......
#31 Posted by MayorFeedback (672 posts) -

I like The Library.

#32 Posted by JazGalaxy (1577 posts) -

Generally, Kessler's "I'm trying SO HARD to be funny" writing rubs me the wrong way, but the first paragraph of this article made me laugh.

#33 Posted by Benjo (64 posts) -

I'm very underwhelmed by this.  I don't know why, I'm just not excited.  It looks fine and well and all.

Wondering if it will be XBLA.

#34 Posted by Ammic (2 posts) -

Yeesh, I dunno about a remake. I understand them wanting to do it for multiplayer, but honestly if I get the itch to play Halo 1 multiplayer I grab a few friends and play it split screen. That's just me though. At least the graphics will be shiny.

#35 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

CHILL OUT/ SHOTGUNS 

Be quick, or be dead.

#36 Posted by Frank_Mann (53 posts) -
@TekZero: Yes, and fuck yes. An updated but faithful Torment?! I would pay fifty all over again.
#37 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

I hope they keep all the bugs.

#38 Posted by Krummey (195 posts) -

Are they adding co-op? Halo doesn't much interest me without having a few buddies to play with.

#39 Posted by Delta_Ass (3230 posts) -

Playing through the library all over again.

#40 Posted by matthewlevel (7 posts) -

So this is gonna be on disk? It's on a tuesday.

#41 Posted by EthanML (444 posts) -

Bit weird/pointless that they're using Reach's multiplayer in this and not actual Halo:CE multiplayer though...

#42 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

I loved Halo CE for PC, it was all I played back in 8th grade.

#43 Posted by MayorFeedback (672 posts) -
#44 Posted by Springfart (287 posts) -

fuck yeah blood gulch!

#45 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1408 posts) -

Who wants to play some Boarding Action or Chiron???

#46 Posted by tplarkin7 (43 posts) -

I knew that the journalists would bash the library level, again. Note to know-it-all journalists: Nobody cared that the library level was a little sparse. Any journalist that bashes the library level is simply a yes man, pretending to be an expert on video games.

#47 Posted by Siphillis (1286 posts) -

Halo: a campaign so good, it doubles back on itself.

#48 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

I hope they don't rebalance the pistol. Sure online matches will devolve into pure pistol fights but that was part of the fun of the original.

#49 Posted by President_Barackbar (3344 posts) -

Eh, I really have no interest in rebuying a game I already played.

#50 Posted by aidros (218 posts) -

Sidewinder in HD

...That is all

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.