Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Combat Evolved

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2001

One of the launch titles of the original Xbox, Halo: Combat Evolved is a sci-fi first-person shooter telling the tale of an advanced cybernetic super-soldier known as the "Master Chief".

Bungie Called It Halo, Microsoft Added "Combat Evolved"

• 116 results
    miva2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By miva2

I'm with bungie about the subtitle. oh well, it's just a subtitle, it doesn't change the game.

@ all haters of this article:
    this post is meant to ignite some healthy discussion about whether or not the name of a game or subtitle is important for the game's sales. it's not because the game is released quite a while ago that they're not allowed to post a newspost about it. At least try to act a bit more mature, please.

Luck3ySe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Luck3ySe7en

I never really started seeing people reference the original halo as "combat evolved" or "CE" until about halo 3 just because at the time, if you wanted to have a LAN party, it was just called a halo lan party. Nowadays everyone just says, "CE" most of the time.  
    And holy crap are there a bunch angry readers on this site. Im here to bullshit and talk about games. If you're here for anything else, there are plenty of other communities that would be as equally unhappy to have you...

ThePhilatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By ThePhilatron

Never liked the subtitle and still don't

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Hashbrowns
    @1337W422102 said:
    "If it actually introduced some kind of new gameplay to evolve combat, maybe the subtitle would be more appropriate.  At least it wasn't something like "Armoured Invasion," "Spacesuit Saga," or "FPS in G Minor." "

E Dorian, man!  E DORIAN!
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By c1337us

I never really gave the subtitle any thought. Halo was always just Halo to me.

first2die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By first2die

until Halo 2 came out, Halo 1 was just Halo. I didn't even know to call it Halo :CE 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By SeriouslyNow

This is unworthy of a staff post.  Giantbomb should separate itself from being a news feed, like most other sites are, especially when it comes to something as pointless as this.

effin_jager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By effin_jager

Why does this article exist.

Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Nintendude

Didn't know it even had a subtitle. I didn't care about the game back in the times of original Xbox (Cube over the old X any day). Now I prefer 360 over other current gen consoles but I still pretty much hate Halo series.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By rawrz

The subtitle makes sense though I always just seen it as Halo.Subtitle or no subtitle the game was destined to be a hit since it was revolutionary for a console shooter at that time and word of mouth would have sold that game. If it wasnt for Halo then I believe the xbox would have failed since no other launch game had the same sort of carrying impact as Halo and it pretty much carried the system up until Halo 2 came along. Then Halo 2 was the main reason xbox live became a must have for most xbox owners.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#111  Edited By meptron

haha.... seems like a lot of people are more than a little jealous of the new intern?

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By piropeople13

Nice I learned my something new for the day.  I personally like the sound of the subtitle, but as for it explaining that the game was a shooting game...... the cover art gave it away for me.

Elemental_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Elemental_89

I'd love it if these interns didnt acturly exist, an it was the original crew writing these storys, you kids wouldnt say a thing, other than ''great post, cheers jeff'' etc. get off their dicks, at the end of the day, giantbomb is a business, a business needs to expand, which it is doin, they wanna get paid.

colinjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By colinjw

I wonder if people would have bought the game if it was just called halo. 

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By schizogony
    I can't stand when people insist on typing out "Halo: CE" instead of just calling it Halo or Halo 1.
    Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116  Edited By Wildfire570

I guess Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Combat Modernized for War doesn't have the same ring to it either. 

@miva2 said:

"  I'm with bungie about the subtitle. oh well, it's just a subtitle, it doesn't change the game.  @ all haters of this article: this post is meant to ignite some healthy discussion about whether or not the name of a game or subtitle is important for the game's sales. it's not because the game is released quite a while ago that they're not allowed to post a newspost about it. At least try to act a bit more mature, please. "

Haters gonna hate, but I 100% agree with you man!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.