If Halo: CE: HD had online multiplayer, would you play it?

#1 Posted by DrMadHatten (118 posts) -

Would you be able to go back? I think the nostalgia would be so powerful, and the thought of online up to 16 on blood gulch so enticing that I would most certainly play it.

#2 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

You can do all that right now on pc.

#3 Posted by SoylentGreen (255 posts) -

16-man Snipers on Hang 'Em High? Definitely.

#4 Posted by TobbRobb (4649 posts) -

Get it on Pc and play with some friends... i've been doing that from time to time for years.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@DrMadHatten said:
" Would you be able to go back? I think the nostalgia would be so powerful, and the thought of online up to 16 on blood gulch so enticing that I would most certainly play it. "
I played it all the time in Highschool in the computer lab. 
#6 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

$30, with reach's multi-player framework, yes.

#7 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" You can do all that right now on pc. "
this
#8 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I would buy a remastered Halo: CE. There are really only about 3 maps from the original worth bringing over without serious redesigning. So, for the most part, much of the multi-player would have to be quite new. But, online co-op and the kind of multi-player action you expect from a Halo game would be more than enough to encourage me to come along for the ride.

#9 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

Idk about this.  I love halo and all, but I'm still into reach, and buying another game so soon, especially one I've already played to death, seems like a little overkill.  I'm still super excited to at least see it and maybe give it a rent or something.

#10 Posted by MachoFantastico (4687 posts) -

Funnily enough, I enjoyed the multiplayer on the PC version of Halo: CE a hell of a lot more then the current Halo multiplayer. Was a blast at times. 

#11 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

It needs to have online multiplayer, and yes, I will play it all the time.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" You can do all that right now on pc...poorly. "
Fixed.  The PC port of Halo is not exactly a great experience. 

As for the OP, all I want is Hang 'Em High, the original unaltered pistol, and some friends to frag with.  However, didn't they already say that this thing was going to have online?  Why is this even a debate?
#13 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Would I play multiplayer on a halo game? Yeah probably.

#14 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

Man I played Halo: CE online for the xbox way back in the day.  I take it none of you have heard of XBconnect, not sure how many people are playing on it now but there used to be a lot.

#15 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Th3_James said:
Fixed.  The PC port of Halo is not exactly a great experience.  As for the OP, all I want is Hang 'Em High, the original unaltered pistol, and some friends to frag with.  However, didn't they already say that this thing was going to have online?  Why is this even a debate? "
In what way is it worse than the xbox version? 
Disregarding the lack of co-op
#16 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Th3_James said:
Fixed.  The PC port of Halo is not exactly a great experience.  As for the OP, all I want is Hang 'Em High, the original unaltered pistol, and some friends to frag with.  However, didn't they already say that this thing was going to have online?  Why is this even a debate? "
In what way is it worse than the xbox version? Disregarding the lack of co-op "
It always ran perfect for me, IDK wtf these other people are talking about. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.