Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Combat Evolved

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2001

One of the launch titles of the original Xbox, Halo: Combat Evolved is a sci-fi first-person shooter telling the tale of an advanced cybernetic super-soldier known as the "Master Chief".

what happened in the first halo game?

benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just got the collection for xbox one and I want to play halo 2 first.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

John Halo saved his Chef from the flood. I guess he made a big boat or something? Thats pretty much the gist of it.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kylenalepa

Basically, you as the Master Chief crash land on Halo and discover it's a super-weapon built by the Forerunners to contain a parasitic threat known as the Flood by wiping out their food source - sentient life. The Covenant, alien zealots who worship the Forerunners as gods and are at war with humanity, seek to activate Halo because they think it will guide them to heaven. The game ends with Master Chief activating the self-destruct on the Pillar of Autumn, destroying Halo and escaping back to Earth.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Master Chief kicks Alien ass, that's what happens.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of back-tracking through very similar looking corridors and the occasional pretty awesome outdoor set piece are what I remember from the first Halo. There might have been a story.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

• You are the last super soldier from a super soldier project named Master Chief
    • Your ship is attacked by an alien group called the Covenant
    • Your ship crash lands on a giant ring called "Halo"
    • The giant ring is actually a weapon built by robots
    • The giant ring holds a parasite called The Flood that is capable of infecting all life in the universe
    • A robot ball named Guilty Spark guides you to activate the weapon
    • You find out the weapon can't kill the The Flood, but rather every other living thing in the universe
    • You are not cool with this, so now the robots are out to kill you too
    • For some reason you play through about 30% of the same levels you already played through (I guess next gen is expensive)
    • You find and travel back to your crash landed ship and overload the reactors
    • You drive away on a sick ass jeep and escape Halo as your ship blows up and breaks apart Halo
    e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By e30bmw

I find it hard to believe that making an account and starting this thread was easier than googling the plot to a 15 year old game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@e30bmw said:

I find it hard to believe that making an account and starting this thread was easier than googling the plot to a 15 year old game.

I've seen about 3 threads recently with people asking if a game they already own is bad/worth playing at all when.... they could just ... play it. So .... 2016.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@e30bmw said:

What is this goggling?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

First level sucks, second level's great, third level's really fucking long and pretty good, fourth level's pretty good, fifth level's got vehicles, sixth level's got beep boop, seventh level is legendarily repetitive, and so on.

Story = you are a man with a gun, you shoot them aliens real good. Also shooting your allies is fun too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.