Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

24 Hours - The Map of my Life!!!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

I have found my groove with the Halo Reach Forge system! Finally I can stop being the mockery of my friends and actually make some good maps! I used to be the best map maker amongst my friends in Halo 3, but since the Forge controls changed, I became disheartened. Now however, I have created my MASTERPIECE!!! It took me about 24 hours straight (yes, no sleep basically!!) but it's finally here! Probably the best map I've ever made, at least of its type.

I got the idea from the old Bumper Car maps from Halo 3. I made a few simply Bumper car maps back then which were enjoyable - they're a bit different now since 0% damage modifiers now no longer allow you to splatter players (!). However, the idea grew on me that I wanted a really complicated bumper car map where players had to have driving skill as well as the ability to knock off other players, creating some interesting scenarios. So I drew out all my plans, and just started creating! A day later, here I am!

So there's 5 distinct areas - the bottom level which is easy to drive on, you can spawn there, but there's multiple entrances, harder to defend and the only exits are to the harder areas. It's also more boring, so give/take.

The next level is the middle ring level where it's hard to drive on but harder to get to, thus a player who can stay there will do for a long time. You spawn there and it exits to the top level.

The top level is difficult to drive on because of its uneven surfaces, but it allows you to exit to several areas. Revenants spawn there also, so it's worth reaching for the better vehicles. Two entrances in, but several exits means that players will be unlikely to spend a lot of time there.

The next level is easy to reach, but hard to handle. It's a land mine maze with a ramp of falling fusion coils, which players must navigate in order to reach the teleporters out, Donkey Kong styles. It's hard to drive through, especially with another player on your tail, but it's pretty fun and if you make it to the top you can watch other die around you.

The final level is the pyramid, an eery monolith where there's little terrain, but steep slopes which will be hard to get up from if you fall too far. There's two entrances and only one exit, so it's a perfect dueling area for the macho man inside you, and easy to defend since the entrances allow you to see competitors a while away.

So yes, I'm pretty happy with my effort and wanted to share them with you! If you visit Bungie.net it's in my file share (or search the file area for the tags "The Spawn Man" and "Sea Bash", the name of the map) so please try it out! I might even try to suit it for King of the Hill or a Race type of game too, so keep your eyes peeled for version 2.0! It's so great to be finding my groove again and making new, awesome maps!!! YAY!!!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I have found my groove with the Halo Reach Forge system! Finally I can stop being the mockery of my friends and actually make some good maps! I used to be the best map maker amongst my friends in Halo 3, but since the Forge controls changed, I became disheartened. Now however, I have created my MASTERPIECE!!! It took me about 24 hours straight (yes, no sleep basically!!) but it's finally here! Probably the best map I've ever made, at least of its type.

I got the idea from the old Bumper Car maps from Halo 3. I made a few simply Bumper car maps back then which were enjoyable - they're a bit different now since 0% damage modifiers now no longer allow you to splatter players (!). However, the idea grew on me that I wanted a really complicated bumper car map where players had to have driving skill as well as the ability to knock off other players, creating some interesting scenarios. So I drew out all my plans, and just started creating! A day later, here I am!

So there's 5 distinct areas - the bottom level which is easy to drive on, you can spawn there, but there's multiple entrances, harder to defend and the only exits are to the harder areas. It's also more boring, so give/take.

The next level is the middle ring level where it's hard to drive on but harder to get to, thus a player who can stay there will do for a long time. You spawn there and it exits to the top level.

The top level is difficult to drive on because of its uneven surfaces, but it allows you to exit to several areas. Revenants spawn there also, so it's worth reaching for the better vehicles. Two entrances in, but several exits means that players will be unlikely to spend a lot of time there.

The next level is easy to reach, but hard to handle. It's a land mine maze with a ramp of falling fusion coils, which players must navigate in order to reach the teleporters out, Donkey Kong styles. It's hard to drive through, especially with another player on your tail, but it's pretty fun and if you make it to the top you can watch other die around you.

The final level is the pyramid, an eery monolith where there's little terrain, but steep slopes which will be hard to get up from if you fall too far. There's two entrances and only one exit, so it's a perfect dueling area for the macho man inside you, and easy to defend since the entrances allow you to see competitors a while away.

So yes, I'm pretty happy with my effort and wanted to share them with you! If you visit Bungie.net it's in my file share (or search the file area for the tags "The Spawn Man" and "Sea Bash", the name of the map) so please try it out! I might even try to suit it for King of the Hill or a Race type of game too, so keep your eyes peeled for version 2.0! It's so great to be finding my groove again and making new, awesome maps!!! YAY!!!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Times like this man, I remember how good Halo Reach is.  Played the hell out of it.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.