Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Bungie Releases Reach Image That Suggests DLC Is Incoming

• 53 results
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By wubb

Interesting.  I'm sure I'll buy whatever they put out, but DLC so soon after release...  I'd rather they just include stuff they already have in the tank in the original release.

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Spikester

I hope it's an side story to what happened to Jum when he departure from Noble team.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Teran
    @wubb said:
    " Interesting.  I'm sure I'll buy whatever they put out, but DLC so soon after release...  I'd rather they just include stuff they already have in the tank in the original release. "
    I agree, I hate it when companies do that but I'm not sure that's the case here.  First off, the there's no official release date... all this theorizing seems to be based on one screen shot showing some achievements which is pretty inconclusive.

I think we also need to take the development process into account.  Once the game goes gold and the discs are being made they are past the point of no return.  Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to print the discs for release, especially for an AAA title like Halo.  If the game was well tested and there are no known bugs to be fixed the developers don't want to just sit on their hands and wait, developing dlc is only natural in that circumstance.

I really hope this isn't just a map pack though.

Some folks think it might be telling Jun and Halsey's story as they escape and if this is the case it is highly unlikely this was already in the tank.  You play as Noble 6, not as anyone else at any point in the game so the escape kind of falls outside of the scope of the current story as you are experiencing the war as Noble 6.  I would love it if they did release that mission though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.