Campaign or Multiplayer

• 0 results
#1 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

When you start up Reach for the first time where will you spend your first hour?

For me it will be the campaign, but first im gonna check out what kind of cosmetic changes i can make to my Spartan from scratch.
#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Campaign. No doubt. I won't play it online until after beating the campaign.

#3 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

campaign first then multiplayer later.

#4 Posted by Fjordson (2449 posts) -

Campaign.

#5 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

Campaign first, probably to completion, then multiplayer. 

The risk of random assholes spoiling stuff is high when you play Multiplayer, and I like delving in the story first anyways.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Campaign, Legendary, with my cousin, not stopping till we complete it.

Then, go nuts in MP.

#7 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Campaign. I don't understand how someone gets a game and goes straight for the multiplayer.

#8 Posted by Ninja (536 posts) -

Campaign, probably wont invest copious amount of time in the multiplayer but by the time iv done it all il have probably spent have my Halo Reach time in campaign and hald in multiplayer.

#9 Posted by DoctorOptimist (502 posts) -

Campaign first, multi-player second. Bungie seem to have been putting more effort in the campaign than they did with Halo 2 & 3.

#10 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Gotta knock out the Campaign first, before I turn on Beast mode and jump into Multiplayer. Probably tink around in forge before I hop into playlists.
#11 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

The entire campaign first and then mess with forge then online.

#12 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

Like every game, I will start the campaign for a little bit first, then get into the multiplayer.

#13 Posted by Skorn (16 posts) -

I'll be playing campaign. Couldn't go to multiplayer before the campaign myself.
#14 Edited by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@DoctorOptimist said:

" Campaign first, multi-player second. Bungie seem to have been putting more effort in the campaign than they did with Halo 2 & 3. "

Lets hope so. I was so upset by Halo 3.
#15 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Forge first.  Then Campaign, then some Firefight, and top it off with multiplayer with lots of Forge scattered amongst all of my playtime. 

EDIT:  My Yahoo User ID is kyreo.forge for Christ's sake.

#16 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

Nice to see that im not alone in really looking forward to playing the campaign. 

@TaliciaDragonsong
said:
"Campaign, Legendary, with my cousin, not stopping till we complete it.  Then, go nuts in MP. "

Really? Legendary straight away? I take my hat off to you. I admit i always play on normal on my first playthrough. I try to justify it by saying that way i can enjoy the story without the frustration of being sucky :D
#17 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

Multiplayer. I already have a couple of games I need to finish the campaign of.

#18 Posted by Teoball (628 posts) -

Campaign. Probably won't touch MP unless some of my friends get into it, which I doubt.

#19 Posted by GiantBomber (352 posts) -

Campaign always. Short answer..  that's all I have.

#20 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Campaign, Legendary, with my cousin, not stopping till we complete it.  Then, go nuts in MP. "
Something like this.

Also, I just found out you'll get the Halo 360 Slim for free if you are among the first 10 in line for the midnight release. SWEET!
#21 Posted by Stupot (177 posts) -

Finish the campaign as soon as possible on like easy or normal just so i get the story done and avoid spoilers. Then jump into the mp, maybe mess around in forge and maybe come back and do the campaign on legendary.

#22 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Heroic campaign, then some multiplayer and then legendary campaign co-op with two of my friends.

#23 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

Campaign but first I'll check out what armour there is from the start so I can deck out my Spartan and then after I finish the campaign I'll go into multiplayer whilst playing the campaign on Legendary and then basically just tinker with everything!

#24 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

One speed-run type campaign playthrough on Heroic so I can experience the whole story for myself, then probably another playthrough with some friends on Legendary to get some achievements and replay the best missions. After that it's all competitive multiplayer, with the occasional foray into Firefight.

#25 Posted by TimesHero (699 posts) -

First I will customize my Spartan to the best of my abilities, then comes Heroic Single Player Campaign so that the story revolves around my Noble 6.

#26 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Campaign. I'm greatly looking forward to both the single player and the multiplayer modes but it's a general habit I have to start the story mode in a game before anything else.

#27 Posted by Franstone (1135 posts) -

I always finish the campaign before touching multiplayer in every game.
#28 Posted by Sil3n7 (1192 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Like every game, I will start the campaign for a little bit first, then get into the multiplayer. "
ditto.
#29 Posted by EpicSteve (6492 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" Campaign. I don't understand how someone gets a game and goes straight for the multiplayer. "
I feel the same way.

I wont wait until I complete the entire campaign to delve into multiplayer, however.
#30 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -

Campaign.

#31 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

campaign first and then multiplayer and then sandbox and then firefight and then maybe campaign again

#32 Posted by Lucky_Sevans (14 posts) -

An hour of campaign, an hour of multiplayer and the entire next day I took off work for a solid day of campaign.

#33 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@EpicSteve: I'll do the same depending on how crappy the story is or I am really stuck in this one level and can't beat it and I need a break from it.
#34 Posted by Ghil (229 posts) -

multiplayer. normally I would do campaign, but since everyone else is doing it, I want to see the matchmaking say: hum...we found one other guy, and that's all. His name's Bigrhyno, have fun, the two of you. By the way, just in case, campaign is available...you know....

#35 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Campaign.

#36 Posted by rhacer63 (67 posts) -

It will be the campaign first, but in Co-Op mode with my oldest son, and a couple of other friends. Then we will split time between Firefight and competitive MP.

#37 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

Campaign: Legendary, as always.

Then probably firefight with my roommates since we enjoyed playing the ODST version of that....  Also for best results have a few beers throughout the game :P

#38 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Campaign, Heroic, co-op possibly.

#39 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

Campaign first, then multiplayer. SPOILERS!!

#40 Posted by flufflogic (291 posts) -

Heroic campaign run, bit of MP, then solo Legendary.

#41 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

Campaign. 

Probably play it on xbox live with my brother in law if he gets it too and my niece isn't occupying his time (4month old baby :P).

#42 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Campaign on Heroic. Some multiplayer. But only after the campaign.

#43 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Multiplayer of course

#44 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -

Probably matchmaking. I wanna unlock some stuff so I can make my Spartan look badass.

#45 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Won't even touch the campaign for a while after the beta.
#46 Posted by Bobinator (11 posts) -

Im looking foward to playing campaign mode with my friends in co-op on launch day

#47 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" Campaign. I don't understand how someone gets a game and goes straight for the multiplayer. "
Basically this. I'm generally not a competitive gamer (At the most, I just like to be a dick to all my friends for always kicking my ass when we play together), so I like to have fun with the SP, get the feel for the game, and then go into multiplayer once I've played with everything else in the game. So I'll probably end up going Campaign, with some forge thrown in, then after Campaign is finished, I'll get into the Firefight stuff with some friends, and with more Forge, then I'll go online for a while.
#48 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Campaign! Probably 3 times, Normal, Heroic, and Legendary. Then maybe some multi, but I don't really play well with others so not for very long.

#49 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

Campaign, then co-op through the campaign again, then multi. 

#50 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

Definitely campaign.  I never play the multiplayer first.  Most of the time I have to fully complete the single player before I can try out the multiplayer.  It's kind of an OCD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.