Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Could I have killed this Falcon?

DickDarlington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DickDarlington

I was playing Invasion on Spire on the Elite Team on the final stage. I was taking the man-cannon up to the top of the Spire when I smack into the Spartan Team's Falcon on the way up. Somehow I manged to hijack the right gunner position from the enemy player and for whatever reason the left gunner position bails out shortly after this. So now it's just me and the enemy pilot high above the map. I'm on my headset asking my team for a way to kill this thing. They don't have any ideas. I was toying with the idea of bailing out and trying to hijack the pilot position, but I didn't think it'd work. 

In this situation, is there anything I could have done to kill the vehicle? (I don't care if I kill myself in the process.)

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DharmaBum

Sounds like a pretty awkward predicament. There's not much you can do other than lay down fire on the other team or bail out and try to stick the Falcon right before you fall.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

Did you have a plasma pistol or grenade? If not, I doubt there was anything you could really do, although you could kill enemies from it until someone took you out.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

Yeah, I don't think there was any way for you to kill it. Just chill inside shooting the enemy team, because if they try to kill you good chances are they'll just blow it up instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.