Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Do you predict that Halo Reach might have the best....

Jodites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jodites

single-player campaign in the series since Halo Combat Evolved? It's may be too early to predict seeing that there's only two trailers with no gameplay footage what so ever but I'm just hoping that Halo Reach offers the best single-player experiance in the entire franchise. 

Halo Combat Evolved easily have the best campaign in the series; it had huge outdoor environments, epic set-pieces, varied mission structures, immerssive atmosphere, pitch-perfect pacing, engrossing plot, great A.I. {Both enemy and ally}, long length, awesome vehicle moments and Elites (unlike Brutes) are fun are to fight. Halo 2 & 3's campaign lacked almost everything that Halo CE had.  Halo 3 ODST did have a great single-player and story that was almost as good as Halo CE but suffered from an extremely short length.  

I'm hoping Halo Reach maintains everything Halo CE had but with a fresh new approach to gameplay and a much grittier experiance . 

Do you hope that Halo Reach may have the best campaign in the series or do you think Bungie is going to ditch single-player in favor multiplayer?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Far too early to tell.  Besides debating which campaign is better is all a matter of opinion.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Maybe?...
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MachoFantastico

I actually liked the Halo: ODST campaign despite being short and Bungie not taking full advantage of what could have been a great story to tell. Halo games have gone downhill for single player campaigns sadly so  I don't hold huge hopes for Reach. 

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By rhodric

Meh, it would be cool to play as the other Spartan II's, like Fred, Kelly, Linda, James. Too bad that's not the case.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Manatassi

Dude we haven't seen any gameplay footage and know next to nothing about the game. Its way too early to call that.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Evilsbane

I have the Exact same mindset I hope to god that this SP just blows me out of the water I WANT IT!!!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

I think bungie have learned many mistakes with the previous campaigns in ODST. Like no horribly irritating flood level, no horribly irritating snipers level, much better weapon balance rather than BR/magnum > everything, More/better ally marines (Doesn't sound like much but it really irritated me that i was saving the galaxy and the best the UNSC could give was 2 marines who would die instantly),  no irritating choke points, and so on

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.