Erhhh...... are you guys still playing Reach?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

I got Reach a couple of days after release, and found it really awesome. But I haven't played it in AGES, neither has my friends... but I just don't know if I should sell it already, I had no plans on selling at all, but this is the first game I've bought at release, played the shit out of it, then never touched it. Fuck, I'm kinda low on money, I'm looking at that Rock Band 3 keytar, is that worth selling Reach to get that (keep in mind it's double the price of Rock Band 3 over here)?  

Black Ops is out in less than a week now, I'll be getting that on PC on release. I don't know why I'm making this thread, but it has to be done, IDK why it has to be done. Also I might actually want to sell RDR, is anymore DLC coming out for that?  

Really, is it just me or has Reach already gone stale?

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

I play too much Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike to play anything else.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

it hasnt been a month already and you're already asking this ? 

people used to play multiplayer games for a decade, now they expire and go stale after a month or two? thats fucking sad

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Too many new games coming out. 

Lots of shit to play. 

Reach will pick up again eventually. People can always go back to Reach, but part of the fun of playing a lot of single player stuff is playing it while it is still current, especially if you are part of a community like Giant Bomb. 

Also that map pack is coming out so, you know, that will probably do something.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I still play it, have other games to play too but Reach gets a play now and again sure. 
Don't have any friends to play co-op with which I would like though since randoms are boring for that. 
Multiplayer is fine though

#6 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" people used to play multiplayer games for a decade, now they expire and go stale after a month or two? thats fucking sad "
There are some people out there who still play Call of Duty 4, it's only natural however that when the next in the series comes along a lot of people make the jump to the next instalment. So it depends on the development cycle in one regard. People who enjoy Diablo and still play are playing a game that's 10 years old because II came out ten years ago. People were still playing Halo 2 until they shut down Live on that platform. I'd sooner cite changes in the way games are developed and the rate at which they are released rather than a shift in attitude from gamers.

You're also assuming those done with Reach are just looking ahead for the next big thing. I stopped playing Reach a while ago because it wasn't enough to hold my interest, there aren't enough maps and I prefer the gameplay in other shooters. One of those being Counter Strike: Source. And while I don't spend the majority of my time playing it (because playing the same maps for years is "fucking sad") I do return for a bit of fun with friends from time to time.
#7 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

I play it, I enjoy it. Ill continue to play it since well Call of Duty is boring to me and theres no other multiplayer game to hold my interest anytime soon.

#8 Posted by Mystyr_E (1187 posts) -

Nope, it's been sold

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Alexander said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic You're also assuming those done with Reach are just looking ahead for the next big thing. I stopped playing Reach a while ago because it wasn't enough to hold my interest, there aren't enough maps and I prefer the gameplay in other shooters. One of those being Counter Strike: Source. And while I don't spend the majority of my time playing it (because playing the same maps for years is "fucking sad") I do return for a bit of fun with friends from time to time. "
with all the praise i heard for Reach and all the people who went "im not gonna buy another shooter for a long time cuz im gonna be playing Reach for the next year", its pretty surprising that the game has gone stale
#10 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

i was playing earlier today and there was over 200,000 people online. halo reach is the most robust out-of-the-box multiplayer suite ever, probably.

#11 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm just waiting for Black Ops to come out and for all the moaning to start. We've had nothing but praise from everyone, it's the best thing since sliced bread, but no one has even played the game. People are quick to give an opinion but that opinion and attitude changes just as quickly once people actually spend time with a game. A lot of people buy Halo because it's Halo, I'll admit to being a part of that, I was hoping for something a little different but I didn't exactly expect it. While the new gameplay modes were interesting it felt like HD Halo 3 with not-so-great map design. Not that I was too disappointed, I don't regret buying the game, I still have it and if I wasn't so busy I'd probably still be playing it.
#12 Posted by Fudgeblood (217 posts) -

I was dissapointed with Reach, it was too much like Halo 3. Played through the campaign then played Firefight and some matchmaking for a couple of days and now it's just collecting dust. Normally multiplayer games last me for months or years, I played Halo 3 constantly until my Xbox 360 RROD'd but Reach... ehhh

#13 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

Yeah, IDK, I think I can get other means of money to get the keytar, but Reach has strangely turned into a boot it up, feel a bit bored, turn it off, get on with life and play something better.  

Really something has clicked on me and I'm now here for the single player again, I like having MW2 and TF2 sitting on my PC and boot it up time to time for some MP FPS action, but things like Rock Band 3 (bad example), Fallout etc. are stealing me back. I think once I get my new PC I'll just get Batman, FONV, and some other good SP games, and fucking play them... might get into some competitive Civ V or SCII. Another question, is SCII fun online for a first timer? 

#14 Posted by themartyr (691 posts) -

I haven't played it since the second week of release. I'll come back to it eventually, I'm sure, but at the minute, I'm focusing on playing through Silent Hill 2 and then maybe BioShock 2, because I didn't play it again after the second night I owned it....

#15 Posted by Eaxis (898 posts) -

I played Halo 3 the first couple of weeks, and then I never touched it again. But I like Reach better, I play the multiplayer 2-3 times a week, and it's fun to go for the daily challenges.
#16 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

I've played and finished every Halo game. I hardly played any Halo 3 matchmaking (something just didn't click...) but I still play Reach everyday. Digital crack. Gotta love those Big Team Battles!

#17 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Nah, finished with it now.  Playing Persona 4 now so im booked up for the next year.

#18 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

I play enough Arena matches to get my rating for the day and if I'm not satisfied with it, I'll play a few more. 
It's a nice way to spend an hour.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I've been busy with other games and work at the moment, so I've not had that much time for it and I'm not as addictited to multiplayer (in any game) as some people are.  Definitely intend to go back to it soon though and I'll certainly still be playing it over another CoD game.
#20 Posted by Dimsey (946 posts) -

Folk on my friends list seem to play it pretty often.
I haven't touched it in a while. I played a lot of the multiplayer then got sidetracked by other games.
Never even touched the campaign. Will get back to it eventually.

#21 Posted by wubb (277 posts) -

I still play it.  Hardly taken it out of the 360 since I bought it.  I will say that a bunch of my friends who were on Reach a ton in the first few weeks after release are now mostly playing Fallout or Fable.

#22 Edited by Venatio (4483 posts) -

My Gold membership expired like a month ago and I haven't bothered to get a new one, but I would probably be playing if I hade it

#23 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

I play it occasionally, im still trying to S-rank it so when I do that I will probably only go online to play custom games

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
#25 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

Nope, it's kinda boring now.

#26 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

i still need to get reach, and an xbox. 

but i'll definitely play it when i do.  i've been dying for some action.

#27 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1831 posts) -

I've started playing it again recently. Remembering how stupid some moments of the game are, but reveling in the ones that are good. 

Cursing how god damn long it takes to go through Warrant Officer.  ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

#28 Posted by jkz (3999 posts) -

I really enjoyed the Multi-player, but I just haven't found myself drawn back to it. I played a lot of it for about 2 weeks and then I just stopped. Dunno why.

#29 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Nope. Imo it was really disappointing multiplayer wise.

#30 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

occasionally

#31 Posted by NTM (7235 posts) -

I just played through Legendary and in between a few MP matches when friends were over. Other than that, I'm totally done with that game. Here's the thing though, you shouldn't sell Halo Reach (or RDR!) for... Rock Band. That's total junk.
#32 Edited by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

I thought I would be but, with exams and stuff I haven't the time to play. Will probably switch to Black Ops once it's out.

#33 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I keep hearing how people are done with this game already, I am like WTF? 

#34 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Well I ran out of Xbox Live gold till I get paid, and even then I really dunno if I'll keep going. I don't see my friends playing it much, even GB people on my list that I'd play with haven't been doing much with it. 

#35 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

They just got rid of the rank cap so I'm going to be getting back into it.

#36 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

Yes I am.
#37 Posted by mano521 (1213 posts) -

it was pretty good while it lasted, but then new vegas came out, then undead nightmare, which got me back into rdr. 
black ops comes out in a week and im way more into cod mp than halo mp.  ill keep it just in case but i dunno 

#38 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'm still playing it now and so are most people on my friends list.

#39 Posted by blogpostnogood (270 posts) -

Got a new xbox and reach yesterday evening, I have to say, the netcode is great this time round!  Had a ton of fun playing against yanks..from SOUTH AFRICA!  So fuck yea!  Rock on!

#40 Posted by weegieanawrench (1934 posts) -

Nope, it's been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks now. I should just sell it.

#41 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

Yeah after I finished fallout I picked it back up. Playing a lot of sniper's ever since it
Got a separate playlist, and after you make captain the ranks pick up again

#42 Posted by Tesla (1904 posts) -

Yep.  Love me some Halo.

#43 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

It's still pretty happening, far more value in it for me than Halo 3 had.

#44 Edited by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

I still need to finish it on Legendary, so I'll get back to it eventually. I'll be honest though, I can't play FPSs for hours on end like I used to. These days, it seems the only games I can really get into are strategy games or RPGs (i.e. had no problems playing 60+ hours of New Vegas in a five-day period).

#45 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

I haven't touched the game in a couple of weeks, even though the campaign hasn't even been finished yet. I really should get around to finishing it.

#46 Posted by MightyJ77 (40 posts) -

Yep.  Played at least a dozen multiplayer games over the weekend and I'm hoping to finish up the campaign tomorrow night.

#47 Posted by UberExplodey (924 posts) -

I picked it up again today, and was pleasantly surprised to be playing a solid round of Firefight on new maps (ala Glacier)

#48 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I haven't, but not because I don't want to.  I've been playing Fallout and Fable, which are really time consuming.  Then there i work and school, so I just haven't had time.

#49 Edited by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" it hasnt been a month already and you're already asking this ?  people used to play multiplayer games for a decade, now they expire and go stale after a month or two? thats fucking sad "

One person =/= Everyone 

Reach is awesome. I'm probably going to play it for years, just like I did with Halo 3.
#50 Posted by supermike6 (3530 posts) -

No, but I wish I was. To be honest, I'll probably go back to it again over the summer when things stop coming out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.