Favorite Halo Reach Moment?

#1 Posted by TheFalconProduction (51 posts) -

What is your favorite moment to happen over all in Halo Reach? 
Mine is that KAT is indestructable during campaign, but in a cutscene, one needle from a Needler Rifle to her head kills her. I was annoyed, but i could help but laugh because she NEVER died in the actual gameplay, but she dies in the story/cutscene.
#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Everytime I assasinate someone like uh uh uh uh. 

You might wanna put spoiler tags on that btw.

#3 Posted by ptys (1961 posts) -

The scene before the Kat ass is my fav, so poignant and serene... I think those are words?..

#4 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -

There were many that had impact on me, I have to think.

#5 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

When it ended.

#6 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

meeting dr. halsey for the 1st time.
and finding out what a bitch she turn out to be.

@ptys said:

" The scene before the Kat ass is my fav, so poignant and serene... I think those are words?.. "
pics.

#7 Edited by GTFan712 (156 posts) -

I think the Elite Zealot cutscene from the early missions which goes into first person slow-motion, with some sick guitar in the background. That was the first "Holy shit. This is Halo: Reach." moment for me.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@TheFalconProduction: I have to think about my favorite moment for a bit more... but as for that Kat thing, I remember seeing that playing co-op with my friends and our reaction being, "The covenant need to give that man a promotion, cause he's the best Halo Sniper in this whole game". I mean on Legendary, a sniper to the head of some of the higher ranking elites don't even take them out in one shot. 

I got it now, my favorite moment is Emile's death. At was whatever to seem him knife that Elite, but once he got a SWORD TO THE BACK I was pretty sure he was done, but he kept on going. I guess in that same respect I like that scene of Noble Six fighting off all those Elites even after being tossed to the ground. Like one of the guys said on the Bombcast, you hear about Reach and think it's this failure of an event, but playing through the game you realize these guys did a good job.
#9 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

"Tell them to make it count." 

#10 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
Like one of the guys said on the Bombcast, you hear about Reach and think it's this failure of an event, but playing through the game you realize these guys did a good job. "
I went back and play Halo3 afterwards, and Vinny was right, Master Chief had it easy lol.
#11 Posted by TheFalconProduction (51 posts) -
@SlashseveN303:
i have to agree with u entirely. Emile was badass when he was going down. if he is going down, he is taking every elite with him.  
and yes, its easy to just point out all the fails, but if play it, and pay attention to some parts... they r badass.
#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

I think probably the mission New Alexandria. With this burning city you were evacuating civilians from, the cruiser off in the distance glassing the planet and the sky turned to red there was this real sense of the planet just being plunged into doom.

#13 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:

"When it ended. "

Probably be my thoughts if I were to finish it. 

Flameshields at the ready! 
#14 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Are you slow? 

All of them died in cutscenes (except for Jun)

#16 Posted by true3man (67 posts) -
@GTFan712 said:
"I think the Elite Zealot cutscene from the early missions which goes into first person slow-motion, with some sick guitar in the background. That was the first "Holy shit. This is Halo: Reach." moment for me. "

I agree
#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@true3man said:
" @GTFan712 said:
"I think the Elite Zealot cutscene from the early missions which goes into first person slow-motion, with some sick guitar in the background. That was the first "Holy shit. This is Halo: Reach." moment for me. "
I agree "
Hands down.
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Lone Wolf. First time I was generally surprised by the campaign, which sadly was at the very end but it was a really cool moment.

#19 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @true3man said:
" @GTFan712 said:
I agree "
Hands down. "
Yep.
#20 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

***SPOILER*** 

- The Covenant super transporter crash escene and When the Covenant glass New Alexandria -

#21 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

Just now in multiplayer, when I hopped on the side seat of a warthog with 2 enemies in it. Then I hopped off, hijacked the gunner's seat, and the driver just kept driving, and I killed 2 of his teammates (with him still in the driver's seat!) before they finally managed to get me off. I was laughing the entire time.

#22 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Favorite Part = When cat dies
Most Bad-ass part = When Carter dies

#23 Posted by Toxin066 (3289 posts) -

I liked when I got thrown out of the Corvette.

#24 Posted by kives34 (96 posts) -

***SPOILER*** 

At the end with the Pillar of Autumn going out towards Halo. It was so amazing and before I even got the game I told all my friends that the best possible ending for Reach would the end cut scene to be the beginning of Halo Combat Evolved. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw that.

#25 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

It finally ending. Legendary solo was a pain in the bitch and the later levels dragged on far too long. 

#26 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

*SPOILERS*

The recreation of the opening 10 seconds of Halo 1 at the end of Reach. Bungie are crafty, crafty genius'.

#27 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

I liked a lot of the moments in reach. One that sticks in my head though is jorge picking you up like a little kid , giving you his tags, and throwing you out of the ship and the first person view of you watching it blow up and still falling. Also it shows how strong jorge is cause spartan armor is not light and he picked you up easily.

#28 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

The moment I sold it for more than I originally paid :P 

No but seriously, warthogs...lots of warthogs, that bit. And maybe Kat getting her dumb head sniped in.

#29 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Most of the stuff that happened. The Winter Contingency full-blown counter-assault by UNSC Army forces, actually seeing Dr. Halsey, the second mission where the Zealot gets in your face, Carter taking out the Scarab, the Autumn...

But if I had to choose, it would be flying the Falcon in New Alexandria and seeing the two Cruisers glass the city in the background as you fly around. The first time it happened I was looking the other way, and after thinking "What the hell was that?" all I saw was the city on fire. Then, a few minutes later, the second Cruiser rolls in. I saw it hauling ass over me, light up and said "Whoa, seriously? No...no way. Oh fuck!", and everything just vaporized under it or burst into flame. That burning red background is amazing.

#30 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

Jorge floating in space above Reach.

#31 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Lone Wolf and the part where you see the destroyed covenant ship on top of those mountains.

#32 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:
" When it ended. "
ZING
#33 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

I loved the Zealot cutscene in the first mission, basically all of Tip of the Spear, the zero-g firefight when you board the corvette in Long Night of Solace, and Buck's cameo in New Alexandria was epic, because I loved ODST, but most of all was the scene right before the credits where Keyes is talking to Cortana. That was such a beautiful and bittersweet way to end Bungie's run of the series.

#34 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -
@TheFalconProduction said:
" What is your favorite moment to happen over all in Halo Reach? Mine is that KAT is indestructable during campaign, but in a cutscene, one needle from a Needler Rifle to her head kills her. I was annoyed, but i could help but laugh because she NEVER died in the actual gameplay, but she dies in the story/cutscene. "
Kat definitely got the cheap death.  Everyone else went down in a blaze of glory.  She had her shields turned off?
#35 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
@GTFan712 said:
" I think the Elite Zealot cutscene from the early missions which goes into first person slow-motion, with some sick guitar in the background. That was the first "Holy shit. This is Halo: Reach." moment for me. "
This was definitely the crowning moment of awesome for me, but I have to say the Lone Wolf "scene" was amazingly well done. It was a strange experience to be roaming around seeing the bodies of other fallen Spartans and now that you are going to die. I was thoroughly surprised and pleased at Bungie.
#36 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

When Kat dies. 

I know all the weird Kat fanboys will hate on me. I'm sick of seeing pictures of "dat ass" in the file browser :P Some people go crazy over a woman in their games. I mean god, did no one realise Cortana has been naked since Combat Evolved? Wheres all the screenshots covering that bad boy?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.