Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Finally picked up Halo: Reach

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Finally got around to picking up Halo: Reach and liked what I have played so far. How is everyone enjoying it?
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

I liked the story... sorta.  It was predictable and such.  The multiplayer is fine, the Forge is fuggin mazing, and the Theater replay is still cool. 

The only really awesome thing is the Firefight mode.  Its gotten all crazy since ODST.  

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Kyreo: When you say the story was predictable, you're referring to how it developed and not how it ended right? 

Best Halo game yet. I still prefer Halo 3 multiplayer but Reach definitely had the best campaign.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kyreo
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @Kyreo: When you say the story was predictable, you're referring to how it developed and not how it ended right?  Best Halo game yet. I still prefer Halo 3 multiplayer but Reach definitely had the best campaign. "
    Well we all knew how it ended but the characters weren't developed that well.
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CptChiken

Havent played it for a week, still havent completed the game. That doesnt say anything bad about the game, it just shows that i have a REALLY shit attention span.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Kyreo said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @Kyreo: When you say the story was predictable, you're referring to how it developed and not how it ended right?  Best Halo game yet. I still prefer Halo 3 multiplayer but Reach definitely had the best campaign. "
    Well we all knew how it ended but the characters weren't developed that well. "
    I agree. Reach could have used some more cutscenes with more character interaction. Or flashbacks for some of the spartan or something.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I bought it recently, but picked free 4-7 day shipping because I'm an idiot. Pretty excited to get back into Halo multiplayer though, it's been forever.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kyreo
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @Kyreo said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Well we all knew how it ended but the characters weren't developed that well. "
    I agree. Reach could have used some more cutscenes with more character interaction. Or flashbacks for some of the spartan or something. "
    More compelling and sincere character development would have been nice.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

I was never a big fan of the Halo universe.  I've played each Halo FPS with friends on Legendary and didn't mind just buttoning through the cutscenes and whatnot.  But this game managed to leave an impression on me (not to spoil anything) during the last playable section of the game unlike previous installments where Master Chief was just like fuck yeah, I did that. The newly introduced equipment in the game (jetpacks, sprint, etc.) were great additions, I think, because it definitely adds another layer of depth in the combat (or cheapness, if you will) that you can utilize against your enemies leading to more possible ways to dispatch them.  The difficult endgame, particularly during the Firefight-esque battle you have with Brutes and the "warehouse" Elites, can be easily worked around once you've gotten a feel for the places you are trying to gain ground in.

During this time, I managed to come up with a plan that didn't have to resort to the plasma pistol (still great for taking down tough foes, except that ass with a fuel rod in the "flying around in the city" level), I swear I couldn't find any lying around, but I found DMR ammo scattered in a corner of the warehouse and sniped every thing in sight starting with grunts, fuel-rod wielding elites, and so on.  What hurts me the most was how much more difficult it is for players who love to go up to their enemies' faces after unloading a few shotgun shells with a melee on top only to be met with a melee in return that kills me instead.  Weak sauce, Spartan-IIIs.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I really enjoyed it, one of my favorite games this year and the best Halo probably since the first.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love the Halo franchise but Reach was pretty meh. I saw most of it coming a mile away and the one thing I didn't see coming was underwhelming since I didn't care about any of the characters.  

It also doesn't help that I went from that to Mass Effect 2.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By thebatmobile

If they remove racing from matchmaking, I'll be a happy man.  

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Mighty

Smexy beast
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Love it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've been playing it since day one and am still loving it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

Enjoyed the story, beat it on Normal and Heroic. Multiplayer is good, but I'm not a fan of the Sniper matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.