Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Finishing Halo Reach

Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Mojo

Is anyone else having trouble finishing Halo Reach?  I am, and not because it's hard, but more so because it's Bungie's last Halo game.  Something in my head says that once I finish this game it's all over Bungie will never make another Halo game.  Which is fine but I guess it means the end of an era.  This happens to me a lot with book series, TV shows and movies (but they have to be a set or trilogy).  It's a very weird thing and I wanted to know if anyone else experienced that same feeling?  Welcome to my craziness!

Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mojo

Is anyone else having trouble finishing Halo Reach?  I am, and not because it's hard, but more so because it's Bungie's last Halo game.  Something in my head says that once I finish this game it's all over Bungie will never make another Halo game.  Which is fine but I guess it means the end of an era.  This happens to me a lot with book series, TV shows and movies (but they have to be a set or trilogy).  It's a very weird thing and I wanted to know if anyone else experienced that same feeling?  Welcome to my craziness!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Just go finish the game and then play it again.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By jaqen_hghar

I have had that feeling, but I still finish stuff. It just makes me sad once I am done with it. Has happened with a few TV-shows, like Firefly and Deadwood, countless books and quite a few games. 
    You should finish Reach though, as it had the best ending of all the Halo games. In my opinion.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By wubb

Interesting.  I did pass on the first weekly challenge because I wanted to complete the game at a leisurely pace on normal before coming back to tackle it on Legendary - and I didn't feel like playing an early level 9 times on Heroic just for a weekly challenge.  I think I paced out my first play over nearly 2 weeks, then finished them up on Legendary a few days after that.  (I replayed some of the levels on Legendary before completing the Normal playthrough.)

But, I'll likely play the multiplayer for years, so I didn't really think of finishing the campaign as "The End".

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon
    @Mojo:
    The end made me quite sad as it was the end of something that I have loved more than near any other thing for ten years. 

But I am glad that it is the last true Halo, Bungie deserves to start a new.
    Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mojo

My little "support group" will be happy to know I did finish Halo Reach this weekend.  I loved it!  The point of my original post wasn't that I wasn't ever going to finish the game, but more when something is coming to an end that I enjoy I tend to procrastinate and draw the whole process out.   And like  LiquidPrince  pointed out I can now go back and play it again and dive into the multi-player games while waiting for Bungie's next project :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.