GB Community Customs Group

#1 Edited by JackColt (89 posts) -

Hey, peeps
Like every other game ever made, to me Halo is more fun to play with friends. Even more so when you have friends on your team and on the opposition -- that's why I prefer Custom games in multi-player. I'll still hop on ranked & social plenty of times, but I guess I'm still holding on to the old joys of playing Halo:Combat Evolved on LAN.  

With Forge World in Halo: Reach and the customization option set available, there is so much great potential to recapture some of the old feeling from H:CE (and even H2 to an extent.)  
Unfortunately, I have a feeling that most of my friend list will gravitate towards matchmaking so they can increase their rank and unlock the armor permutations, custom games falling to the wayside.  

Whether there is one already or not, I'd like to start a Giant Bomb Community Group for Reach that wants to play primarily customs. If you are interested, (and plan on playing A LOT) please send an invite to me on XBL. Gamertag: "Jack Colt"    
Ideally we can get enough people together who enjoy playing with one another, cross-pollinate each other's friends lists, and almost always have a stable of people available online for some custom shenanigans. Possibly some tom foolery.   
And on occasions ballyhoo.

Look forward to seeing you out there!    

#2 Posted by TimesHero (699 posts) -
#3 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Burns09- Looking for firefight parties.

#4 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Not primarily, But I can get into customs games if they are done well,  I love the Forge. 

xAAx Coombs

#5 Edited by big_jon (5744 posts) -

I am in. 
#6 Posted by Zereta (1368 posts) -

Zereta 

Always looking for a fun posse to play some multiplayer with.

#7 Posted by JackColt (89 posts) -

Added everyone. Still hoping to get more people involved, so post here or msg me on XBL: "Jack Colt" See you all after I finish the campaign (twice (at least))!

#8 Posted by jeremy.hasse@gmail.com (27 posts) -

I'm interested in some custom gametypes too - my gamertag is Son of a Beep I'll add some people from this thread by tuesday.

#9 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

My GT is Inferno2215, I'm always down for custom games, and I'd rather play with Giant Bomb peeps than Xbox Live assholes.

#10 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Sounds good; I'd definitely prefer to play with GBers so go ahead and add me: ttGB 

#11 Edited by Fjordson (2450 posts) -

Definitely down for whatever - customs, matchmaking, firefight, etc. - so feel free to add me. My friends are stuck on Call of Duty and Team Fortress, so I'm usually forced to play solo.

#12 Posted by Cramsy (1173 posts) -

Cramsy 

I'll be down for a legendary play through in a week or so after I've played through it myself.

#13 Edited by lizardspike (154 posts) -

I'd love to play some custom  

My gamertag is Laserfrog1 by the way

#14 Posted by thaijedi (140 posts) -

thaijedi

#15 Edited by JackColt (89 posts) -

OK.. pretty decent list going so far!  
Everyone have fun tonight!  
I'll be grabbing names from this thread after launch as well, or you can msg me directly on XBL: "Jack Colt" 

#16 Posted by jta04 (19 posts) -

Count me in PB Beam is my gamertag.

#17 Posted by aesthetic_noise (75 posts) -

TomyDingo

I too think it's more enjoyable to play with GB people, so I'll add a few people from here.

#18 Posted by CrazyBagMan (849 posts) -

CxBxM  I'm down for anything ;)

#19 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1415 posts) -
#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -
@laserfrog said:
" I'd love to play some custom   My gamertag is XvRokyRacoonVx by the way "

#21 Posted by JackColt (89 posts) -

Hey, gang... I see almost everyone has been grinding away at the campaign (myself included), but now that I've finished it a couple times, I'm starting to get amped for multiplayer. I started a new thread looking for Custom game ideas.... I can't wait to see what insanity the community comes up with using the new tools! Post any suggestions there and I'll do my best to gather up the best ones on my File Share so we all have plenty of options when we play. Thanks!

http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-reach/61-26786/favorite-customs-settings/35-447180/

#22 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

Hey I'm totally down for some customs.... I'd love to actually experience this side of the game, since I never had a chance to explore Forge and custom games in Halo 3.

My Gamertag is bcjohnnie, I'm in to play in the evenings.

#23 Posted by Shademonger (147 posts) -

I'm all about Forge and Custom game types as long as they're creative, balanced, and overall fun. GT same as on GB, Shademonger.

Definitely going to be recreating the Harbor from Shenmue if I can for the sake of making a forklift race gametype. So if that excites you, then...boosh, there's that.

#24 Posted by xpogox (48 posts) -

bisskits
 I'm in it for customs...missed out on all that fun in Halo 3.

#25 Posted by Shadowsquire (362 posts) -

I'm in. Gamertag is ObituaryPenguin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.