Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Getting tired of it

BossKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BossKong

I'm just getting sick of this. I just saw the trailer where you get to see who all is in team Noble. Noble 1-5 have great and different  personalities that I feel I am going to enjoy seeing interact in then game, and then you have your character Noble 6. God damn it. It's the same character model as Master chief, and it's the same character as the character in ODST, the silent bad-ass rookie. I'm tired of it. I want a character that's not just a sad wannabe Master chief. He's not Master chief. He's just a Spartan, treat him like one. When he dies I'm not going to care. I might just be to focused on the other members of Team noble dieing. I know it is possible to make you care about characters in a FPS. I think back to Star wars republic commandos, and remember at the end of the game when you have to leave Sev. I nearly lost my mind when I was forced to leave him, and I was right with  Scorch yelled out about how they can't leave their 'pod brother.' It's just starting to get to me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still getting Halo Reach, seeing as I think I'm going to like 5 out of the 6 characters, but I'm getting tired of the same stuff. Hopefully the next team to make a hole game can do it right.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShadowKiller

I was under the impression that whatever your multiplayer character looked like it was how your character looked in game. I also heard somewhere else that he wasn't a silent protagonist either but I could be wrong about both these things.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

I think I saw a video of Noble 6 talking...

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By august
    @BossKong: I've got good news for you sport: the protagonist of Reach is a full blown character with dialogue and has fully customizable armor to look however you want.
    vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By vager
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " I think I saw a video of Noble 6 talking... "
    Ya, I think I heard him talking also. Kinda hard to tell when they don't have faces.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @august said:
    " @BossKong: I've got good news for you sport: the protagonist of Reach is a full blown character with dialogue and has fully customizable armor to look however you want. "
    and can also be male or female.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @august said:
    " @BossKong: I've got good news for you sport: the protagonist of Reach is a full blown character with dialogue and has fully customizable armor to look however you want. "
    Yep yep yep!
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    @august: 

I like the sound of those things, but I would have to see it to believe it. Bungie has a knack for building an interesting universe, but never so much for interesting protagonists.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By august
    @LaszloKovacs said:
    " @august:   I like the sound of those things, but I would have to see it to believe it. Bungie has a knack for building an interesting universe, but never so much for interesting protagonists. "
    Hey, I didn't say that the character would necessarily be good, just voiced. Although I imagine he or she will have more room to be crazy than Master Chief as Chief was basically the perfect, unstoppable hero. Plus Nobel 6 is on his or her way to meet his or her maker.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By withateethuh

Generally the standard concept of a playable character is a silent faceless protagonist so that you can fill the void, but like others have said, he (or she) does very much have a voice and does use it. Plus you can make them look anyway you want. But its easy to see your complaint if you missed the little details from around.

Edit: But also, you're profile picture is Mass Effect. Its my favorite thing to ever happen to video games btw, but its sorta like the same thing as commander shepard in a way. He's sorta a blank slate but he does have a voice and even though you can't chose dialogue in Halo: Reach the character does have more to build on than most first person shooters atleast.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    @august: 

Fair enough.
    flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By flammverit

Like they say in other post this Noble 6 in the end will be Batman, that's why he got that solemn attitude.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By aurahack
    @flammverit said:

" Like they say in other post this Noble 6 in the end will be Batman, that's why he got that solemn attitude. "

If you get Batmanbatmanbatman up in that bitch, you get Noble 666.  

... what.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    @aurahack said:
    " @flammverit said:

" Like they say in other post this Noble 6 in the end will be Batman, that's why he got that solemn attitude. "

If you get Batmanbatmanbatman up in that bitch, you get Noble 666.   ... what. "
    :O
    flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By flammverit
    @aurahack said:
    " @flammverit said:

If you get Batmanbatmanbatman up in that bitch, you get Noble 666.   ... what. "
    Oh got it!... So the Covenant was right, Master Chief was satan and noble team members are demons.
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By MaddProdigy

so great post and all but yo man, Noble 6 isn't silent and doesn't look at all like Master Chief once you customize the fools armor

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @wasteguru said:
    " @august said:
    and can also be male or female. "
    With that in mind, it disappointing that a very Master Chief-esque character design is being used as the marketing stand-in for Noble 6.  It's the same problem I have with the Commander Shepard used in the Mass Effect marketing.  Generic white action hero with short, dark hair.  It doesn't speak highly of the character customization aspect of the game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch the Gamescon demo about your silent protagonist, also your multiplayer armour is your campaign armour.  They have said this on many times.  Also since when did Master Chief wear an ODST looking helmet?

QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuickThumbs
    @BossKong: I would recommened checking out Bungie.net if your interested in this game.  They release new info every Friday and would have calmed your worries a long time ago.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By fjordson
    @august said:
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By mazik765

I, too, love bashing games I haven't played without doing any research :)

mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By mastrbiggy

Here, Noble 6 talks.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMdlR-uz-8k

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.