Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo CAN be fun online.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By sopachuco13

I played Halo 2 online for a grand total of 5 hours, and that might be generous. I wasn't very good a FPS games a few years ago. I didn't really play too many FPS'. I played Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Goldeneye 64; these were the extent of my FPS education at the time of Halo 2. I had not even finished Halo: Combat Evolved at the time. Recently, I have been playing a lot of FPS games, which might be a product of the times. Playing Halo online has always been a less than enjoyable experience for me. But, last night I got on Halo: Reach and played a bunch of different game variants that really got me hooked on playing Halo. I also had a good group of people to play with.  

We started out by just playing some classic Slayer. Starting with something that was familiar was a good thing. It is easy to just shoot the other dudes in the head. We played three or four matches of Slayer, but then we moved onto some other strange game types that kept me wanting to play all afternoon. We played hockey and another game that was a lot like skee ball with golf clubs and balls. These game types were a good diversion from the frantic games of Slayer we had just played.  

I think Halo is a game that is in need of a mentor system. It was really helpful to have a couple of guys who know the game inside and out to show me around. I think I might have to go play some Halo: Reach again tonight to satiate my thirst for more of this tasty treat. I never thought that Halo would be a game for me, but I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.  

I am glad that I have come to see the crazy expandability to Halo and the endlessly various ways to have fun in the game. I am excited to finish the campaign in Halo: Reach. I might even go out and buy that new map pack that came out a few weeks ago. I haven't been this excited about a Halo game since Halo 2. I hope that this goes much better than that did. Hopefully, I will be playing this game long after I have finished the campaign. 

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sopachuco13

I played Halo 2 online for a grand total of 5 hours, and that might be generous. I wasn't very good a FPS games a few years ago. I didn't really play too many FPS'. I played Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Goldeneye 64; these were the extent of my FPS education at the time of Halo 2. I had not even finished Halo: Combat Evolved at the time. Recently, I have been playing a lot of FPS games, which might be a product of the times. Playing Halo online has always been a less than enjoyable experience for me. But, last night I got on Halo: Reach and played a bunch of different game variants that really got me hooked on playing Halo. I also had a good group of people to play with.  

We started out by just playing some classic Slayer. Starting with something that was familiar was a good thing. It is easy to just shoot the other dudes in the head. We played three or four matches of Slayer, but then we moved onto some other strange game types that kept me wanting to play all afternoon. We played hockey and another game that was a lot like skee ball with golf clubs and balls. These game types were a good diversion from the frantic games of Slayer we had just played.  

I think Halo is a game that is in need of a mentor system. It was really helpful to have a couple of guys who know the game inside and out to show me around. I think I might have to go play some Halo: Reach again tonight to satiate my thirst for more of this tasty treat. I never thought that Halo would be a game for me, but I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.  

I am glad that I have come to see the crazy expandability to Halo and the endlessly various ways to have fun in the game. I am excited to finish the campaign in Halo: Reach. I might even go out and buy that new map pack that came out a few weeks ago. I haven't been this excited about a Halo game since Halo 2. I hope that this goes much better than that did. Hopefully, I will be playing this game long after I have finished the campaign. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By big_jon

Great game.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NickL

I watched Halo reach on MLG this weekend between starcraft 2 matches and thought it looked like a ton of fun 

And then i remembered i suck at halo games and would get crushed nonstop online

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Reach is fun, but I disagree with the mentor system idea. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive

i thought halo reach was fun for about a week. but all people ever want to play is just slayer.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I only liked the big team battle variants or whatever it was called. Felt more like good old UT style warfare.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SadPatrol

I was just playing it tonight. Fun Game 

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By gamb1t

ANY fps mulitplayer can be made into a fun game.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Skytylz

I've wasted many a hours playing the dumbest custom games in Halo 3, but I don't regret a minute of it.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

Halo Reach was a fine farewell for the series, but now if we ever go on all we do is play Grifball.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sopachuco13
    @Axxol said:
    " Reach is fun, but I disagree with the mentor system idea.  "

I think that the quality of people who would be into mentoring would be pretty high. Magic the Gathering on XBLA has a mentor system in place that really helped me get a grip on the game and figure out some of the in depth tactics. I think Bungie could easily do something with the community. I would be similar to choosing moderators on a message board. It was just a quick idea. I doubt it would ever happen, but I think it could help things. I usually just scour message boards and add players to my friends list that way. Not an ideal way to find people to play with. 
    sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sopachuco13

@SlashseveN303:

I still haven't played grifball yet. Maybe that is what I will play tonight when I get home. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator

"Halo CAN be fun online."

Oh Giant Bomb, you so crazay.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iDarktread

I liked Halo 3 better.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

halo has died for me it was at its peak with halo 2 after that it went down hill... too many fpses now a days i like rpgs and rtses more now

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterChief

I remember asking someone in Halo 2 how to kill people. He said to shoot them in the head. I haven't looked back since.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sopachuco13
    @iDarktread said:
    " I liked Halo 3 better. "

I'm actually playing that online too. *whisper* I never finished the single player. 
    sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sopachuco13
    @MisterChief said:
    " I remember asking someone in Halo 2 how to kill people. He said to shoot them in the head. I haven't looked back since. "

That was sound advice! He should have advised you to look back also. So you don't get assassinated. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @CandiBunni: gave up on it a while ago. im sorry that game just isnt for me. its not like i sucked either. i was pretty good. im just tired of the same tactics over and over.
    greenygrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By greenygrey

@iDarktread said:

"I liked Halo 3 better. "

I liked Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 better. Campaign and story wise that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.