Halo Reach beta code giveaway

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

So here's the deal I got a code for the Halo Reach beta and I dont have time to play it so I am giving it away to one of you lucky people. All you need to do is reply to this topic and on May 1 I will randomly choose a person who has replied to this topic and send him the code. If you dont own an Xbox 360, already have a code for the beta or just want to reply but dont want to enter the drawing just mention it in your post so I will know not to put your name in the list of people for the drawing. Also feel free to reply more than once (it wont raise your chances of winning but it will make this topic more lively).

Edit: read my last post please.

#2 Edited by ashbash (369 posts) -

Why May 2?

BTW, why not give me it a day early. Count me in too. (Also I'm first)

If I get an extra code I will PM you back to say I don't want it.

#3 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Yeah, why May 2nd? That gives one extra day, if you gave it away today, you could give four days ahead. ;__;

#4 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -

This would make far more sense if you just gave the code to me, right now.

#5 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

Sure. Count me in, good sir.

#6 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -

Ug.

#7 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i would like a code please :(

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Reply?  

Count me in. 

#9 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -

Sure, what the hell.

#10 Posted by JamesKond (232 posts) -

So I get to play the beta one day earlier? Oh, why not, right? :P

#11 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

ITS A TRAP

#12 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I would really like a beta key. Thanks!

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -
@ashbash159 said:
" Why May 2? "
Thought I'd give the code a day ahead so the winner wouldnt have to wait  for the it after the beta started (I have no idea what time it starts and im too lazy to start calculating which time it is in my region) but it seems people want the extra day so I will change it to May 3.
#14 Posted by machikunas (4 posts) -

I want in, please.

#15 Posted by SythonX7 (134 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: The code allows you to play 5 days ahead of the betas release like Today dude!
#16 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

Sure I want a code.

#17 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Sure thing, man. Awesome.

#18 Posted by PaNaMa (6 posts) -

Not sure how, but a boatload of people on NeoGaf got codes today and are all playing. So if there are more early access codes avail, PLEASE count me amongst those interested =p

#19 Posted by Crono11 (1635 posts) -

I'd love a beta code. But I still don't understand why you don't give it out today. The codes are active right now so someone could be playing the beta right now.

#20 Posted by Xyberly (2 posts) -

The beta has already started and the code work right now. So I don't see why you have to wait so long to give it away? 

Anyway, count me in for the giveaway!

#21 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Sure, I could do with a beta code.

#22 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Don't enter me in because I don't have my Xbox 360 back yet. But this is a good thing you're doing instead of selling it. 

#23 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -
@SythonX7 said:

" @Mr_Skeleton: The code allows you to play 5 days ahead of the betas release like Today dude! "

From what I understand there are two types of codes: the first are the spcial codes that are given from Bungie (like the one GB is giving away) which allows you to start playing a few days before the beta starts and the second is the one I have which is the code that you get from Halo ODST.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong I will change the date to May 1so it will give time for more people to enter the drawing but will still have two days before May 3.
#24 Posted by funcmode (138 posts) -

very kind of you, count me in! =)

#25 Edited by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

EDIT: After reading your post, this thread can be locked now.

You don't get a code with ODST. You download it using the game disc...

#26 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

" @SythonX7 said:

" @Mr_Skeleton: The code allows you to play 5 days ahead of the betas release like Today dude! "
From what I understand there are two types of codes: the first are the spcial codes that are given from Bungie (like the one GB is giving away) which allows you to start playing a few days before the beta starts and the second is the one I have which is the code that you get from Halo ODST. "
Huh? I'm confused. You don't actually get a code with ODST -- you download and access the beta from the ODST campaign disk from May 3rd. Surely if you've got a code, it's going to work as of now.
#27 Posted by xploreredfusion (1 posts) -

Count me ;) (and thanks :D)

#28 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -
I'd like one. I never win shit.
#30 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

if you look at segull from a certain angle it looks like a penguin

#31 Posted by Xyberly (2 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
" @SythonX7 said:
From what I understand there are two types of codes: the first are the spcial codes that are given from Bungie (like the one GB is giving away) which allows you to start playing a few days before the beta starts and the second is the one I have which is the code that you get from Halo ODST. "
No,  the codes are for early access. On May 3rd you download the game from the menu in ODST. No code there.
#32 Posted by EuropeanPsycho (3 posts) -

maybe i win, i hope so :D

#33 Posted by ky326 (255 posts) -

i could use a beta code.

#34 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

Ok I checked the code I have it is infact started already I will give it in May 1.
 @Xyberly: Yeah my bad mixed it up with some other code I got from another game I will give the code at May 1.

#35 Posted by JCpackers04 (2 posts) -

I would love the code! count me in on the drawing!
#36 Posted by ShaolinSpade (158 posts) -

i'm up for it!

#37 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

I would like the code please. I already have an ODST disk but I would like to bring my best friend into it so we can play together for a few weeks.

#38 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

Id really like a beta code thanks good sir

#39 Posted by Potter9156 (939 posts) -

I wouldn't mind having a beta code.

#40 Posted by agc8602 (36 posts) -

I would like to play it :)

#41 Edited by IceOrb (182 posts) -

If I get it I plan on streaming the beta live for all to see. 

Share and share alike.

#42 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

I'd like to have one, count me in too please.
Thanks Skeleton.

(I'll reply again to withdrawal if I happen to get one of the GiantBomb codes)

#43 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -

Count me in.

#44 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

Sure, why not.

#45 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

Me please. As it is, I can only play during the weekends due to heavy time constraints and monday, May 3rd here in Singapore is a holiday. Problem is... when the beta goes online for America, its Tuesday here in Singapore and its back to hectic schedule thats why I want that code.... Oh wells... Sign me up.

#46 Posted by Pie (7035 posts) -

Yo bro, I love that Halo shit yo. It's all like "pew pew pew pew pew" and "blat blat blat blat" and then im all like :0

#47 Posted by JohnnyMcmillen (156 posts) -

I AM POSTING TO ENTER THIS CONTEST.

#48 Posted by chasefourshots (4 posts) -

Wow, dude, you're a really generous soul.

I personally would like to enter. :D 
Please and thank you.

#49 Posted by statiCCero (10 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton:  Sure. Put my name in the ole hat. Thanks
#50 Posted by Frenchie108 (52 posts) -

i'd love to get a beta code i really wanted one but i didn't get it. Do you need to get ODST if you want to play after May 3rd? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.