Halo: Reach DLC announced. CONFIRMED

#1 Posted by R3Qui4M (489 posts) -

Bungie has unintentionally leaked the info. Read the Bungie Weekly Update 09/24/10. They showed screenshots with 0/1250, 0/59 achievements. The game currently has only 1000 possible points and 49 achievements. So we can extrapolate that DLC is being worked on or already done. 

#2 Posted by Djeffers03 (2537 posts) -

SUPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!

#3 Posted by R3Qui4M (489 posts) -
@Djeffers03: Lol not really it is shocking so soon after release 1 week.
#4 Posted by Pie (7214 posts) -

Some big vehicle maps for Big team battle would be great! 
That or single player stuff. 
I just hope they dont start releasing firefight maps instead of competitive maps 

#5 Posted by chstupid (800 posts) -

Good eye
#6 Edited by ShaneDev (1702 posts) -

Wow I read the update and didnt even notice that. I hope its good DLC like another big team map or maybe we see what happens to Jun in a single player DLC. 

EDIT: I hope they keep the achievements easy like in the full game I dont want any more of that map specific crap like in Halo 3. Only one damn achievement from an S rank in 3 :(

#7 Posted by Tonic7 (249 posts) -

Nice catch, albeit not a very surprising one. I hope they release more original multiplayer maps. Though their mastery in forge is admirable, I'd appreciate a few new maps with some new art assets. Just sayin'.

#8 Posted by R3Qui4M (489 posts) -
@ShaneDev: maybe dogfighting mode.
#9 Posted by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

DLC was a matter of when. Not if. So this is no surprise.

#10 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3451 posts) -

They better give us more Forge items (like stone barriers), a weather system, a day-and-night cycle,and some more legit maps that are not made from Forge.

If it's just more Forge maps with some Firefight ones, then Bungie will lose my attention. Halo Reach, as an adoring Halo fan, is the most disappointing game in the franchise. Bungie needs to get their act together if they want to make this game the way it's supposed to be.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

I love your topic title.

#12 Edited by natetodamax (19416 posts) -
#13 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -

BEAVER CREEK!!!  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

#14 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2120 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that when I read the update. Figured something had be coming since the game went gold back in... August was it? They've had some time.

#15 Posted by R3Qui4M (489 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong: Thank you put some thought into it. ;-P
#16 Posted by Fjordson (2554 posts) -

Given the precedent set by previous games, I highly doubt it'll be anything other than new maps. Some sort of single-player DLC would be cool, though.

#17 Posted by danpat177 (159 posts) -

it is times like this i am glad i don't like online shooters an insane amount  
paying for for maps then the game itself is plain out of line if you ask me 

#18 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
"Halo Reach, as an adoring Halo fan, is the most disappointing game in the franchise. Bungie needs to get their act together if they want to make this game the way it's supposed to be. "
You are in the very very small minority my friend.
#19 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3451 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
" @Tru3_Blu3 said:
"Halo Reach, as an adoring Halo fan, is the most disappointing game in the franchise. Bungie needs to get their act together if they want to make this game the way it's supposed to be. "
You are in the very very small minority my friend. "
Never said I wasn't.
#20 Posted by EightBitShik (1447 posts) -
@DoctorWelch: I have to agree with the Doctor.
#21 Posted by Glak (580 posts) -

And my xbox decided to stop working 2 days ago 
Great 
I'm gonna be so far behind by the time it's fixed 
Halo's probably the only game I'll buy multiplayer maps for

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14279 posts) -

I'm not convinced Bungie didn't deliberately post that image as a teaser for the DLC, it seems like the kind of thing they might do.

#23 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @Tru3_Blu3 said:
Never said I wasn't. "
I hated Halo 3 though, so I understand you're feelings toward Reach.
#24 Posted by JeanM (99 posts) -

I just hope that the inevitable map packs are 800 MS points and not 1200 like MW2. Please don't be greedy Microsoft ='(

#25 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3451 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
" @Tru3_Blu3 said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @Tru3_Blu3 said:
Never said I wasn't. "
I hated Halo 3 though, so I understand you're feelings toward Reach. "
I hated Halo3 more than Reach. At least Reach has better close-range combat than Halo3's with its stretched fucking HUD and awkward turning.
#26 Posted by Rawrz (604 posts) -

I still find Bungie the best in the business at least on the console side of things when it comes to supporting there games. Then again its really only them and Harmonix who support there games longer then the first 6 months its on store shelves.

#27 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -
@R3Qui4M: It's Bungie. 

That was completely intentional.
#28 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -

ZOMG!

#29 Posted by Yummylee (23186 posts) -

Announced or confirmed... WHICH ONE IS IT?!?

#30 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -

Yeeesssss I want me some more Halo. I hope it's not just map packs.

#31 Posted by Sammo21 (4040 posts) -
@Pie:   I wouldn't mind some new vehicle based maps either.  Feels they are kind of lacking in Reach.
#32 Posted by CitizenKane (10677 posts) -

I love Halo: Reach, but with all of the other games coming out and my limited funds, I might have to pass or wait longer to get the possible DLC.

#33 Posted by JamesValdes (81 posts) -
#34 Posted by Eidderf (517 posts) -

I'm not sure how much interest I'll have in this unless it's something like a space battle mode or something big. I bought the DLC maps for Halo 3 but that was because one had foundry and the other had sandbox, since forgeworld is already in there I'm not sure I'd be interested in buying other pre-made maps if that's all they are offering. If it was some new single-player stuff, perhaps showing what happened to Jun, and they added some vidmaster achievements (because they were pretty fun) then that would be worth some points.

#35 Posted by Lazyaza (2283 posts) -

I'm already getting a little bored of Reach (not a huge Halo fan, nor do I really play much mp) so I'd like them to add some new game modes for firefight or I dunno some maps with more unique objectives or something. Some single player dlc would be nice too.  But going by 99% of other games dlc its probably just going to be maps, new armor pieces and probably custom textures or something. bleh

#36 Posted by HairyMike87 (1201 posts) -

didn't notice that when i was looking at their update. it would be cool if they included more forge tools or expansions into new places.

#37 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1659 posts) -
@R3Qui4M said:
"Bungie has unintentionally leaked the info. Read the Bungie Weekly Update 09/24/10. They showed screenshots with 0/1250, 0/59 achievements. The game currently has only 1000 possible points and 49 achievements. So we can extrapolate that DLC is being worked on or already done. 

"

Pics or I won't believe it.
#38 Posted by flufflogic (321 posts) -

For all we know, they're just doing a Title Update to add the 250, not adding any maps, but adding the new ranks, and some items for Forge World. Consider it a free gift before the inevitable Map Pack DLC.

#39 Posted by MisterChief (832 posts) -

Headlong or bust.

#40 Posted by flufflogic (321 posts) -

To be honest, with Forge World being so good, they could do staff-Forged versions of all the old maps, and title update them in. That'd piss MS off, who've always forced Bungie to make them cost in the past...

#41 Posted by Lukeweizer (3023 posts) -

Wait... are you saying Bungie and Microsoft like money?

#42 Posted by ch3burashka (5476 posts) -

"Extrapolate" =/= "CONFIRMED". I already knew about this leak, I thought you meant you had real info.  

I hate misleading threads.

#43 Posted by Davvyk (778 posts) -

I think its going to be Halo reach: HaloVille 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.