Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo Reach Launch Party in Times Square

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

Edited By Jayross

Step 1: Wait in line

First we had to get bracelets at the entrance. They used the bracelets to regulate the amount of people they let in. Once we got the bracelets, we walked around the block to get in line.  

I dislike lines for the most part, although there was this really hot girl ahead of us who liked Borderlands and Fallout. There was also the multitudes of big screen displays typical of Times Square. These would loop the same ads, and it got fairly tiring after an hour.  

Step 2: Wait in the line some more, and see some Bungie guys

After two hours, some Bungie folks started making their way down the line. They were taking pictures with people and signing t-shirts. 

Inside after three hours...

We got inside after three hours of standing in line. There was a bar that was serving free soft drinks. I saw Larry Hyrb (Aka Major Nelson) in the lobby and introduced myself, saying how much I liked his podcast, when in fact I disliked it a fair bit. I got some more swag (read: blow-up energy sword) and talked to some people who were from a video game website based in New Jersey, I had never heard of it.  

Kid Cudi! Won't be making it...

It was now 11:50, Major Nelson came on stage. He said he had some bad news. He said Kid Kudi wasn't able to perform at that time. A lot of people started booing, as I suspect there were many who were here for Kid Cudi, and not so much Halo: Reach.  

Then everyone got in line to get their copies of Halo: Reach or the Halo Xbox 360. We waited in another line for that. My friend got his copy signed by a lot of the Bungie guys. Meanwhile, Kid Cudi apparently decided to show up.  

Kid Cudi is back!

After the performance he came down into the audience, there weren't too many of us, and signed people's shoes and stuff.  

It was a pretty cool experience for my first launch party, and probably the most elaborate I will go to for a while. (Maybe Black: Ops will have something big, who knows...) 

What was everyone else's midnight experiences like?
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

Step 1: Wait in line

First we had to get bracelets at the entrance. They used the bracelets to regulate the amount of people they let in. Once we got the bracelets, we walked around the block to get in line.  

I dislike lines for the most part, although there was this really hot girl ahead of us who liked Borderlands and Fallout. There was also the multitudes of big screen displays typical of Times Square. These would loop the same ads, and it got fairly tiring after an hour.  

Step 2: Wait in the line some more, and see some Bungie guys

After two hours, some Bungie folks started making their way down the line. They were taking pictures with people and signing t-shirts. 

Inside after three hours...

We got inside after three hours of standing in line. There was a bar that was serving free soft drinks. I saw Larry Hyrb (Aka Major Nelson) in the lobby and introduced myself, saying how much I liked his podcast, when in fact I disliked it a fair bit. I got some more swag (read: blow-up energy sword) and talked to some people who were from a video game website based in New Jersey, I had never heard of it.  

Kid Cudi! Won't be making it...

It was now 11:50, Major Nelson came on stage. He said he had some bad news. He said Kid Kudi wasn't able to perform at that time. A lot of people started booing, as I suspect there were many who were here for Kid Cudi, and not so much Halo: Reach.  

Then everyone got in line to get their copies of Halo: Reach or the Halo Xbox 360. We waited in another line for that. My friend got his copy signed by a lot of the Bungie guys. Meanwhile, Kid Cudi apparently decided to show up.  

Kid Cudi is back!

After the performance he came down into the audience, there weren't too many of us, and signed people's shoes and stuff.  

It was a pretty cool experience for my first launch party, and probably the most elaborate I will go to for a while. (Maybe Black: Ops will have something big, who knows...) 

What was everyone else's midnight experiences like?
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Major Nelsuck can't catch a break. Poor old bastard. And you lied straight up to his FACE! He's Microsoft's PR toilet, fo' sho. 

Fo. Sho. 

Anyway, glad you had a nice time.
    FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankRising

Sounds like it was very awesome. I have never attended a Launch party.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.