Halo: Reach "Noble" Map Pack Announced, Coming In November

• 72 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Rejoice, Halo: Reach fans, your game of choice is getting just that much bigger this later next month. On November 30, Bungie plans to release the Noble Map Pack, a three-map pack for 800 Microsoft Points. The maps, which are pictured and detailed below, vary in size and scale and stretch across a variety of modes, ensuring that little is left untouched in the game's first bit of paid DLC.

Let's get to the nitty-gritty, eh? The first map is called Tempest and its set in the outside of an abandoned and conveniently asymmetrical shoreline facility. Two bunkers sit on the opposite edges of Tempest, making for what could amount to some interesting, though familiar objective-based play.  

== TEASER ==That's not to say that the map is exclusive to objective modes--quite the opposite is true, in fact. Tempest will support up to 16 dudes and can be used for Free For All, Team Slayer, and Big Team Battle in addition to Team Objective. Tempest will also offer a new Forge palette to play around with.

In stark contrast, Anchor 9 is a much smaller two-to-eight player map set in the confines of "low orbit dry-dock" filled with hallways and an a lone open hangar bay.  Here's a money shot: 

The modes you can use in Anchor 9 in includes Free For All, Team Slayer, and Team Objective. 

The last map, Breakpoint, is the traditional, monstrous "ice" map that supports up to 16 players in Invasion as well as Big Team Battle variants. It features a series of three dig site labs and, as you can see just below, is quite roomy.

In the press release, publisher Microsoft mentions "This dig site must yield salvation, or it will become a grave." Man, that's pressure. 

It seems earlier than normal to be splitting a user base, but I can dig these new maps and the reasonable $10 price point. What's your take?  Are you passing or is this enough for ya?
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Rejoice, Halo: Reach fans, your game of choice is getting just that much bigger this later next month. On November 30, Bungie plans to release the Noble Map Pack, a three-map pack for 800 Microsoft Points. The maps, which are pictured and detailed below, vary in size and scale and stretch across a variety of modes, ensuring that little is left untouched in the game's first bit of paid DLC.

Let's get to the nitty-gritty, eh? The first map is called Tempest and its set in the outside of an abandoned and conveniently asymmetrical shoreline facility. Two bunkers sit on the opposite edges of Tempest, making for what could amount to some interesting, though familiar objective-based play.  

== TEASER ==That's not to say that the map is exclusive to objective modes--quite the opposite is true, in fact. Tempest will support up to 16 dudes and can be used for Free For All, Team Slayer, and Big Team Battle in addition to Team Objective. Tempest will also offer a new Forge palette to play around with.

In stark contrast, Anchor 9 is a much smaller two-to-eight player map set in the confines of "low orbit dry-dock" filled with hallways and an a lone open hangar bay.  Here's a money shot: 

The modes you can use in Anchor 9 in includes Free For All, Team Slayer, and Team Objective. 

The last map, Breakpoint, is the traditional, monstrous "ice" map that supports up to 16 players in Invasion as well as Big Team Battle variants. It features a series of three dig site labs and, as you can see just below, is quite roomy.

In the press release, publisher Microsoft mentions "This dig site must yield salvation, or it will become a grave." Man, that's pressure. 

It seems earlier than normal to be splitting a user base, but I can dig these new maps and the reasonable $10 price point. What's your take?  Are you passing or is this enough for ya?
#2 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

omg! got that quest!! Finally!!

anyways, the maps look nice.
I'm still waiting for that sidewinder remake, but Breakpoint doesn't look bad either.

#3 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Eh, I've never bought a map pack, doubt I'll start anytime soon.

#4 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I am seriously burnt out on Halo : Reach at the moment, but this is way too close to WoW: Catalclysm that if I bought this it would get largely ignored for a few months at least.

#5 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Well if 15$ for 5 maps in Call of Duty was a ripoff, so must this be right? Anyway, I hope these maps are better than the ones already in the game, because the only ones I enjoy are Asylum and Powerhouse, which is why I don't play the game that much, although it's quite good.

#6 Posted by n00blar (14 posts) -

those look sweet, can't wait to play them

#7 Posted by skadbob (230 posts) -

Guess I'll be out another $10! Thanks November!

#8 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Alright,, cool, I guess. Part of me wishes it was free content made by the community instead of paid maps.

#9 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

Ugh $10 for 3 maps is pretty pricey.  Should be $5 maximum. Probably won't be getting these for awhile, will be heavy into Black Ops for months. 

#10 Posted by wubb (277 posts) -

I'm sure I'll buy it.   Worth it to me to have access to all playlists.

#11 Posted by UberExplodey (924 posts) -

...how about a classic map pack? I want one of those bitches.  

and a grifball playlist.

#12 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
@Demyx said:
" Eh, I've never bought a map pack, doubt I'll start anytime soon. "
Me too. I was playing a lot of Halo: Reach until recently and now I'm not sure if I'm playing enough to justify this. Of course, the beauty of Halo is that there should be plenty of people to play "vanilla" Reach for quite a long time.
#13 Posted by GPink (56 posts) -

Might also want to mention that the achievement list will have 10 new additions as of the release of this map pack.

#14 Posted by PJ (1143 posts) -

WHAT!!! I'm PISSED! Why the hell is this map pack not 15bucks? And why are all the maps new? I just don't get it.
#15 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

Looks cool, I'll hold judgement until I play them, obviously and I hope Anchor 9 is an Orbital remake, I love that map.  Yeah it does seem a bit early but I don't care I'm getting then anyway.

#16 Edited by Lukeweizer (2586 posts) -

If these are required to play certain playlists like in Halo 3, I'm selling the game. I'm not going to be forced into paying an extra $10 to play with my friends.

#17 Edited by LordCmdrStryker (346 posts) -

There's about ten games I want to buy coming out between now and then, plus map packs suck.  I'll pass.

#18 Posted by Metzo_Paino (318 posts) -

A little too pricey for me, if they had included two more maps I would probably get it, even if they were just forge world remakes of older maps.

#19 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

800 is too much for just 3 maps

#20 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

I don't know if this has ever been said before.... But. 

Fuck you Microsoft.

#21 Posted by President_Barackbar (3416 posts) -

$10 for three maps is a little much.

#22 Edited by Scullinator (512 posts) -

they look cool and I can wait to play them but this is too soon for DLC.

-only 3 maps that should have been in the game to begin with. Why not wait a few more months, release 5 maps along with the level cap being removed.

-splitting up the community, not good. COD is out just a few days after.

-No Firefight maps? I love firefight but im so sick of the maps already. Can you make a firefight map in forge?

Well thats my 2 cents.

#23 Edited by Vao (324 posts) -

I'll agree, i love the online, but the maps leave me wanting more, though the forgeworld and customizing is great, i do wish the good maps in forge world had more detail. The building maps with blocks is cool, but bland sometimes. 

#24 Posted by stringbacon (87 posts) -

Ice map, hell yes!

#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
#27 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
#28 Posted by Darkecho117 (62 posts) -

Only one more map for Invasion? That playlist is by far my favorite but it's the same freaking two maps every other game. C'mon Bungie give us some bigger map packs before moving to your Activision overlords.

#29 Posted by Jolt92 (1538 posts) -

I want some maps from Halo 3. Gimme.

Halo Reach maps are pretty crappy so far. I'll buy this, one of them might be good.

#30 Posted by LiquidPenguins (181 posts) -

This isn't earlier than normal. Halo 3 had the heroic map pack come out the same number of weeks after release.

#31 Posted by Mystyr_E (1187 posts) -

You know...I just don't care for Reach's MP yet I don't wanna sell it. Poo.

#32 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

I'm glad it's not 15 bucks, I don't play Reach enough to justify buying this though.

#33 Posted by SpacePenguin (473 posts) -

Hmmm I kind of wish these were free since there wasnt that many maps to start with, but oh well they would probably never do that.

#34 Edited by lacke (359 posts) -

I'm done paying 800 MSP for only 3 maps. Bought the first 2 Halo 3 map packs for 800 MSP even though I barely played Halo 3. (I had a better job back then. At that time I prioritized time over money and figured the small time I did spend on Halo 3 MP I wanted the full experience.)

#35 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

i don´t know why im not exited about this..  

#36 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

I think it's a fair price!

#37 Posted by skinnyman (186 posts) -

First one looks just like Paradiso... I love the game too much to not get the pack but how about some variety.

#38 Posted by MadThad0890 (94 posts) -

These maps should of been included with the retail game. 

#39 Posted by BetaMax (130 posts) -
@MadThad0890:  go F yourself with your ditto action.
#40 Posted by Wabashy (75 posts) -
@MadThad0890 said:
" These maps should of been included with the retail game.  "
damn right. Halo Reach didnt have nearly enough quality maps. Shitty remakes of halo 2 maps on forge and a vomit version of ivory tower was a con baaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
#41 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

This doesn't seem so much of a bad deal.  Bungie use their maps quite well to be fair to them.  Love Anchor 9's visuals.

#42 Posted by peligroy2k (247 posts) -
@Scullinator:
Agreed
#43 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -

Just as I was starting to get tired of the maps, this happy news comes along. ^_^

#44 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (923 posts) -
@darkecho117:  They should use some user created maps for invasion. That mode is like made for user generated maps.
#45 Posted by Bollard (5202 posts) -

Why is everyone saying 800 points for 3 maps is too much? Are you all retarded? Seriously, that's that 3 maps have been for like... forever now. And I bet you're the people who willing spent 1200 on 3 maps for MW2.

#46 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I don´t think it´s expensive.. i was hoping for campaign content, the halo cycle is becoming repetitive. 

#47 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -
@charlie_victor_bravo
If it's like h3 they'll have playlists like caption sack which are all user generated maps and gametypes.
#48 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

As I have surprisingly gotten into Halo: Reach's multiplayer, odds are I will buy this. Can't wait!

#49 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I'm liking Halo allright - will wait for a DOTW or something like that.

#50 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

This is a little fast, but I also know how Bungie works, so I understand why it's out so fast. They were working on that Sidewinder remake like 2 packs before it was even released. People can bitch all they want, but the retail maps are more than good enough, and these all look cool. I especially like the big ice level. I guess I'm just a sucker for snow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.