Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo: Reach "Noble" Map Pack Announced, Coming In November

• 74 results
    GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By GozerTC

*Shrugs*  

Will probably get it but no time soon.  Maybe when I get back into Reach Online.  (I cycle through games.  It's WoW's turn right now.  :)  
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By HydraHam

i will never pay for maps.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By ZmillA

wow already split the userbase

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By natetodamax

Meh. I might go spend my 800 points on Borderlands DLC now.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By withateethuh

These look really really nice.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By jack_daniels
    @wubb:  lol with an assassinate medal as your icon I'm sure you will get it... well so will I. lol
    Frypot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Frypot
    @Jayross:  A big part of me wished so Halo is crying out for more invasion maps
    Avatar image for depressing_wizard
    Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo: Reach has no original maps that are good. Bungie has slowly been making worse maps since Halo 2 . There were some good ones in Halo 3 (Guardian, The Pit, etc.), but in Halo: Reach, the only funs ones to play are Asylum and Reflection (both of which are Halo 2 remakes). Also, Halo 3's first map pack was especially terrible (Standoff, Foundry, Rat's Nest). So, given Bungie's recent track record, I'm going to stay away from this map pack. 

Besides, even if these maps are amazing, I still won't really enjoy them. I'm growing tired of Halo: Reach. I'm just not a fan of armor lock, reticule bloom and jetpacks. 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Just make them free, please.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By ez123

I will NEVER waste 10 bucks on so little content.  Only time I have ever bought maps was for Gears 2 and that was $20 for 14 maps(19 if I didn't already have flapjackmaphack) and that really short campaign part. Also, those maps could be used for ONLINE AND HORDE.  

At this point, it's campaign/forge world 2 DLC or bust so... bust because those aren't happening.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By Jayross

Hold up, does Invasion really only have two maps? Boneyard and Spire? That's depressing!

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#62  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm always down for more Halo so I'll be picking this up for sure.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Scullinator

Lots of posts at bungie.net talking about how there are photos out of them playing these DLC maps before the game was released.  basically proving that they withheld these maps from the game so they could sell them as DLC.  A big disappointment since the game does not have a lot of maps to begin with.  Granted it does have an amazing level creator, but you need to know a ton of people who are willing to play on your forged map cause there is no match making for custom games.

TheRedDeath25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheRedDeath25

Wow 3.33 a map! I do not understand why game companies want to milk us so soon after release.  Halo reach  has made a lot of money why do they need to charge so much for so little content?  

WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By WrathOfBanja

Map pack two months after release?
    Almost seems like they held back some maps so they could milk us for another ten.
    Love,  Bungie.

sniperound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sniperound

I don't know why everyone's saying "10 dollars for 3 maps is too much". This has always been their formula, look at halo 3. I'll probably be buying it, and while I dislike the idea of really ever paying money for any future maps, especially so close to the launch day, 10 bucks isn't too bad

DanK_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By DanK_

Can't really afford it, so hopefully it'll eventually go free like all the other Halo map packs over the years.  Of course, by then, I'll be completely out of the competition.  Oh well.

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bosshog70

maps look good

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Bouke

I'm only interested if i can also play Firefight on (one or more) of these maps...
    Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Samaritan

Guess it's a sign of the times that I went "Oh awesome, it's only $10!", but then again, I guess I only have MW2 to thank for that, so maybe the times aren't quite that dire.. yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scullinator said:
    " Lots of posts at bungie.net talking about how there are photos out of them playing these DLC maps before the game was released.  basically proving that they withheld these maps from the game so they could sell them as DLC.  A big disappointment since the game does not have a lot of maps to begin with.  Granted it does have an amazing level creator, but you need to know a ton of people who are willing to play on your forged map cause there is no match making for custom games. "
    You took all that trolling crap seriously?
    cowswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By cowswithguns

Good maps but maybe....through in 1 firefight map in there.  Wasn't it always 10 bucks for 4 maps? What happened?

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Zereta
    @Scullinator said:

" Lots of posts at bungie.net talking about how there are photos out of them playing these DLC maps before the game was released.  basically proving that they withheld these maps from the game so they could sell them as DLC.  A big disappointment since the game does not have a lot of maps to begin with.  Granted it does have an amazing level creator, but you need to know a ton of people who are willing to play on your forged map cause there is no match making for custom games. "

@WrathOfBanja said:

" Map pack two months after release? Almost seems like they held back some maps so they could milk us for another ten. Love,  Bungie. "

Here is what I posted on B.Net in regards to this. 

Original thread on B.Net. 

My response: 

DLC Development process begins way before the game actually ships. The earlier then expected release of Noble Map Pack...

Lets hold on a second there.

Halo Reach came out September 14th . Noble Map Pack is coming out November the 30th . Map pack comes out 77 days after ship .

Halo 3, on the other hand, was released on September the 27th . The first map pack, the Heroic Map Pack, was released on December the 17th . That's 81 days after ship .

That's a mere 4 days difference.

... so scratch that, the release date is in line with Halo 3's, more or less, development on map packs tend to start a lot earlier than the game actually ships and you have NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that the maps were held back. Sure, they appeared in the pre-release shots of the B.Net files system, but at this point, you know how Bungie rolls. They love to tease. Maps were already in progress. They were just whetting your appetite, like they always have. You were alright with this when Halo 3 came out, and you're bitching now?

Argument invalid. Good day, sir.    

There ya go. My reply here to.
    Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Xyber

Looks nice

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @BradNicholson said:
    It seems earlier than normal to be splitting a user base, but I can dig these new maps and the reasonable $10 price point. What's your take?  Are you passing or is this enough for ya? "
    I do believe bungie and microsoft both put those fears to rest that reaches matchmaking will never require certain maps if you play alone it will put you in lobbies with other people that do not have the maps, and if you play with a party it will say certain maps cannot be played, it wont be like past halos where you cannot even enter playlists.

as for that I don't really care one more achievement and I'll selling the piece of trash that is halo reach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.