Halo: Reach - Noble Map Pack, Launching Nov 30 for 800MSP

#1 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
Here's a link to the Bungie.net article. 

So yeah, Reach DLC is soon to be upon us. The new trio of maps look great based from these screens, but I can't help but think a Firefight map would have been cool as well. I'll be picking this up as soon as it goes live for sure, I love me some Reach and the more Reach the better. Roll on the end of November! 

First three screens - Anchor 9 

Next four screens - Breakpoint

Final four screens (and the best in my opinion) - Tempest 

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (3252 posts) -

Too bad my 800 points I'll earn from this month won't be up for then...I assume.

#3 Posted by Asurastrike (2165 posts) -

Man, 3 maps for 10 dollars. Guess I'm done playing Reach.

#4 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

I'll be done with Halo Reach by then.... so no thankyou.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@FourWude said:
" I'll be done with Halo Reach by then.... so no thankyou. "
Yeah, I'm losing interest myself.
#6 Posted by adoggz (2061 posts) -

I wonder what those achievements will be.

#7 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@adoggz said:
" I wonder what those achievements will be. "
Map specific stuff most likely, like with the Halo 3 DLC.
#8 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

Ya, a firefight map would of been good. There are no good firefight maps for vehicles in Reach. 
I loved the one in ODST.

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

Disappointed they didn't throw in a firefight map or some new armour pieces. 
Hopefully they achievements aren't as annoying as the ones in Halo 3 which were almost impossible to earn and relied on sheer luck.
#10 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

" Disappointed they didn't throw in a firefight map or some new armour pieces. Hopefully they achievements aren't as annoying as the ones in Halo 3 which were almost impossible to earn and relied on sheer luck. "

Which ones? I didn't think Halo 3 was that hard of an S Rank.
#11 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

To me, DLC =/= Maps.  No thanks.

#12 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
"@WinterSnowblind said:

" Disappointed they didn't throw in a firefight map or some new armour pieces. Hopefully they achievements aren't as annoying as the ones in Halo 3 which were almost impossible to earn and relied on sheer luck. "

Which ones? I didn't think Halo 3 was that hard of an S Rank. "

Any of them that required something along the lines of "kill three people with one spartan laser shot".  Ones that require very specific circumstances that aren't going to occur unless you're playing with morons..  Or boosting with friends.  They seemed to have learned this with Reach though, so hopefully they don't fall back into the same pattern. 

#13 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
" Man, 3 maps for 10 dollars. Guess I'm done playing Reach. "
This was my thought as well.  Well - I'll be done Nov. 30
#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

Can't say I'm really interested in new maps myself, but I don't really understand the complaints either.  Map packs have always been this expensive and with Activision charging even MORE for the Call of Duty ones, and still making a killing from them, may I add, Microsoft were hardly going to make these any cheaper now. 

If you don't like them, stop buying them!
#15 Posted by threeve (199 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Hitchenson said:
"@WinterSnowblind said:

Any of them that required something along the lines of "kill three people with one spartan laser shot".  Ones that require very specific circumstances that aren't going to occur unless you're playing with morons..  Or boosting with friends.  They seemed to have learned this with Reach though, so hopefully they don't fall back into the same pattern.    "
I doubt that I'm the only one that likes these type of achievements.  I actually got the laser one (only two btw, not three) probably within a week of buying Halo 3, so I'd hardly call it impossible.  I never got a few though, including mongoose mowdown and whatever the one is where you have to re-hijack your vehicle after being hijacked.  Still I DON'T BITCH ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS BEING HARD BECAUSE THAT IS THE POINT.  You know what achievements I don't like?  Campaign mission completed.  Boring
#16 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

I'm sure there will be a sale, maybe I can pick em up then. I'll probably be stuck playing fallout when this thing releases.

#17 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Tempest doesn't even look like a real map.  
Breakpoint looks like it could be fun for big team objective stuff. 
Anchor 9 might have potential as a good competitive slayer/ctf/ball map... 

Won't get my hopes up, I've been burned too many times in the past with map packs.

#18 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -
@threeve said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Hitchenson said:
"@WinterSnowblind said:

Any of them that required something along the lines of "kill three people with one spartan laser shot".  Ones that require very specific circumstances that aren't going to occur unless you're playing with morons..  Or boosting with friends.  They seemed to have learned this with Reach though, so hopefully they don't fall back into the same pattern.    "
I doubt that I'm the only one that likes these type of achievements.  I actually got the laser one (only two btw, not three) probably within a week of buying Halo 3, so I'd hardly call it impossible.  I never got a few though, including mongoose mowdown and whatever the one is where you have to re-hijack your vehicle after being hijacked.  Still I DON'T BITCH ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS BEING HARD BECAUSE THAT IS THE POINT.  You know what achievements I don't like?  Campaign mission completed.  Boring "

Achievements being hard isn't the problem.  I'm all for them adding more difficult achievements, especially as Reaches were all so easy (considering you could cheat for the firefight ones).  My problem is that these multiplayer ones require luck, not skill.  There's nothing I can do as a player, no matter how good I am, to make three people walk infront of one laser blast.  Like I said, it comes down to the other team being morons, or playing with friends who are purposefully letting you do it. 

Much like the firefight achievements in Reach, it removes any meaning and difficulty in getting them, if it's so easy to cheat and very inprobably to do legitimately.
#19 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Wow.

800 ms for 3 maps sounds kinda hard to me.
That's 11,99 for a 800 card. 
I love Reach but this is expensive...

But my birthday is in november...so fuck, I can afford it ><

#20 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Maybe....

#21 Posted by adoggz (2061 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" @adoggz said:
" I wonder what those achievements will be. "
Map specific stuff most likely, like with the Halo 3 DLC. "
i guess, it just seems like a full 250 is a bit much for 3 maps. maybe they'll add in stuff for ranks or credits or something.
#22 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I hope later packs are better but I will probably buy this anyway. Tempest looks very nice and the game is in need of bigger sized maps.

#23 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Wow.  800 ms for 3 maps sounds kinda hard to me. That's 11,99 for a 800 card.  I love Reach but this is expensive...  But my birthday is in november...so fuck, I can afford it >< "
Well think of it this way, you could spend £8 going to the cinema and having popcorn,  Or £8 for three maps your'll probably play for years to come.  (Well I will anyway).
#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Agent47CSim2 said:
" @TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Wow.  800 ms for 3 maps sounds kinda hard to me. That's 11,99 for a 800 card.  I love Reach but this is expensive...  But my birthday is in november...so fuck, I can afford it >< "
Well think of it this way, you could spend £8 going to the cinema and having popcorn,  Or £8 for three maps your'll probably play for years to come.  (Well I will anyway). "
Cinema's ain't 11,99 here tho!
Just disappointed its that much, really hope its worth it.
Tempest looks ace!
#25 Edited by Asurastrike (2165 posts) -
@Agent47CSim2 said:

" @TaliciaDragonsong said:

Well think of it this way, you could spend £8 going to the cinema and having popcorn,  Or £8 for three maps your'll probably play for years to come.  (Well I will anyway). "
You can buy entire games for 10 dollars, that's my issue with the pricing.
#26 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

I look forward to this.
#27 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Is anyone actually surprised by the price? What were you expecting?

#28 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:

" Man, 3 maps for 10 dollars. Guess I'm done playing Reach. "

word. just as bad as $15 for 3 new and 2 old maps in mw2 
#29 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

I'm loving the artwork and design of these maps from what I can see, they look glorious. I'm not bitching about the price, because it's not as bad as MW2's. 

I'm loving that one of the maps is built for Invasion as well, we desperately needed a new one! I bet that's when they will boost up the ranks too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.