Halo Reach Plato's Cave - story trailer

#1 Edited by vCOOKIE_MONSTAv (49 posts) -

So, I've been writing and working on some Halo fiction for my Forge map Plato's Cave. It is the first of three in the Plato's Cave series. I made this video to explain the background of how the Arbiter came to this cave.
 
I've already received some good feedback on the map, and is complete besides gametypes.

Plato's Cave - Story Trailer
 
Facebook

#2 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -

I'm sorry but that was awful...

#3 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

@SamFo: lol

#4 Edited by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

I can tell you have put some effort into this video, and I think the music and editing are way above anything I could create in Window's Movie Maker. I am neither a good writer or video editor but I can say the story seemed a little too 'simple', my only suggestion is to go back and edit the writing and story enough to engage the viewer more. Interested in seeing your level (and I don't even own Halo Reach). 
 
Good luck!

#5 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -

@Bucketdeth: wasn't that music just an mp3 of the braid theme?

#6 Edited by vCOOKIE_MONSTAv (49 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:

I can tell you have put some effort into this video, and I think the music and editing are way above anything I could create in Window's Movie Maker. I am neither a good writer or video editor but I can say the story seemed a little too 'simple', my only suggestion is to go back and edit the writing and story enough to engage the viewer more. Interested in seeing your level (and I don't even own Halo Reach).   Good luck!

thanks man. i did work on this for quite awhile. It isn't the only part either. i have more of the story on the way. since i don't know how to use final cut, nor can i afford it, nor will i steal it, i use imovie 11. i'm not adept at editing or photoshop, but i have stories and i have ideas and i'm posting them for halo fans to enjoy.
 i have been working on the forge level for 6 months. the next video that continues this story will be out tonight
#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -
@SamFo said:

@Bucketdeth: wasn't that music just an mp3 of the braid theme?

I'm one of the few who hasn't played Braid, kind of ashamed about that lol. 
 
@vCOOKIE_MONSTAv said:
@Bucketdeth said:

I can tell you have put some effort into this video, and I think the music and editing are way above anything I could create in Window's Movie Maker. I am neither a good writer or video editor but I can say the story seemed a little too 'simple', my only suggestion is to go back and edit the writing and story enough to engage the viewer more. Interested in seeing your level (and I don't even own Halo Reach).   Good luck!

thanks man. i did work on this for quite awhile. It isn't the only part either. i have more of the story on the way. since i don't know how to use final cut, nor can i afford it, nor will i steal it, i use imovie 11. i'm not adept at editing or photoshop, but i have stories and i have ideas and i'm posting them for halo fans to enjoy.  i have been working on the forge level for 6 months. the next video that continues this story will be out tonight

Yeah am horrible at editing but you seemed to have done a great job with the tools you are using, I am thinking about purchasing Halo: Reach sometime in the future and if I do I will check out your level. I will be looking forward to the next video!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.