Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo Reach Video Review

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Edited By PerryVandell

Hey GB community! I've been writing some blogs for the past few weeks, and thought I would change things up a bit by making a video review for Halo Reach. I know the game came out a while ago, but it was the most recent game I beat and have sunk a lot of time into that game. I apologize about the less-than-stellar video quality, I'm looking into getting some video capturing equipment, but until then, I guess you'll have to settle for this. Anyway, hope you like it. 

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PerryVandell

Hey GB community! I've been writing some blogs for the past few weeks, and thought I would change things up a bit by making a video review for Halo Reach. I know the game came out a while ago, but it was the most recent game I beat and have sunk a lot of time into that game. I apologize about the less-than-stellar video quality, I'm looking into getting some video capturing equipment, but until then, I guess you'll have to settle for this. Anyway, hope you like it. 

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

You've convinced me to buy it! Wait, I got it on release day.

In all seriousness though, it was all really well done; Editing, speaking and the review itself, ending made me giggle. Using your own footage is a great touch too (even if you did try and stick a bale of hay).

My only complaint would be one you already addressed, which was the video quality, it made me read your call sign as PERV rather than PERY.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Very nice video review. I have no interest in Halo, but I can see where there's a lot of bang for the buck. Great job.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Mighty

Nice work!
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PerryVandell

Thanks guys! Took a really long time to make but I think it turned out okay. Thanks for the encouragement! 

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ptys

I still agree with Jeff's opinion that it's Halo game for Halo fans. I've finished the campaign, found it was great although a little short and the multiplayer is fun but level of entry just too high for me to put any considerable amount of time in. It's a good game, just don't fully get the romance you guys associate with it. Nice review!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

Great Review.
    commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By commandercup

Cool review, I agreed with pretty much everything you said.

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MisterChief

Buy a capture card.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PerryVandell
    @MisterChief said:
    " Buy a capture card. "
    I'm definitely looking into some different cards, but I'm kind of new when it comes to video capturing equipment (for things like game consoles) so I'm trying to make sure I get one that is good quality for a relatively low price. I'm not looking for something that can capture full on 1080p, but of course also want the video to look nice. As @mwng: mentioned, my tag looked like it said PERV instead of PERY. (Perry's my name if you haven't already guessed). I'm hoping to not run into that problem in the future. Anyway, if anyone has some experience with capturing video on game consoles, I would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks guys!
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mwng
    @Fullmetal216: I use the really cheap method of a "Dazzle capture device" that I nabbed from Amazon for close to nothing, though the quality is pretty terrible as it only captures in SD (examples on my blog).

Most people who do it seriously rate the Hauppauge PVR, as it captures in HD and won't really affect the way you play the game. However it's quite expensive.
    TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TehJames

Sounds really good. You got a great vocie and the conctent in the review are good.

Edit: I subbed.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PerryVandell
    @mwng:  Interesting... I checked out the dazzle but I wasn't entirely sure how well it worked so I was a little skeptical. Sucks that it can only do SD but I guess that comes with it's relatively low price. I'll look into the Hauppauge PVR but I'm most likely going to try something that's less expensive. Who knows. Maybe I'll try Fraps out and do something with PC titles until I get a better source of income. Thanks for the advice!
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

A very well-written and presented review, sweet work Fullmetal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.