Halo:Reach Forge World Map Ideas!?

#1 Posted by mcmets93 (315 posts) -
#2 Posted by BrilliantLoser (38 posts) -

Did they say we can customize forgeworld for invasion gametypes?  I want to use the clifftops around blood gulch and the gap that leads from blood gulch to the rest of the map.  That spot would make a nice bridge there among other things.

If we can't, then I'm specifically going to try to create some sort of air combat map with two "carriers."  And maybe a few racetracks.

#3 Posted by CitizenKane (10677 posts) -

I'm planning on having a "Halo: Reach Forge World" game night either the weekend of or the next weekend after the game's release, where anyone interested can join together in game and make a map while in the editor,  Of course, this means that headsets will pretty much be required as well as cooperation.

We can go into more detail as the day gets closer.

#4 Posted by mcmets93 (315 posts) -

@CitizenKane:  Sounds awesome. The only thing is people could get very annoying in Forge when they delete things for no reason and mess up the maps that are being created. Hope we can have everyone take it seriously!

#5 Posted by Empirepaintball (1451 posts) -

I can't even start to think about it without actually getting to play around with it some.
#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10677 posts) -
@mcmets93 said:
"  @CitizenKane:  Sounds awesome. The only thing is people could get very annoying in Forge when they delete things for no reason and mess up the maps that are being created. Hope we can have everyone take it seriously! "
Obviously everyone will have to work together.  I will have a thread the week of so we can talk about designs before getting in there.
#7 Posted by Empirepaintball (1451 posts) -

I'd be down for it, but it seems like there's such a vast array of things you can do now.
#8 Posted by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

I'd be interested in joining in to make a map.

#9 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -

When will they give us a real editor where we can make maps from the ground up? I want to make the ground, not just move stuff around.
#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -
@owenneil said:
" When will they give us a real editor where we can make maps from the ground up? I want to make the ground, not just move stuff around. "
Then start playing PC games. 

I'm going to try to make some kind of Siege type map and game mode in Forge world. Kind of like Invasion I suppose, but more focused on enemy elimination than objectives. It would probably be an Infection game type.  

I'm not sure of the particulars yet since, well, I haven't played it, but it is something I've wanted to do since Halo 3. I kind of succeeded, but the tools weren't really there to do what I really wanted to.
#11 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -

"Then start playing PC games. " 
Why Far Cry 2 had a real map editor, and its on the console. (sure the game wasn't very good)

#12 Posted by ChillyUK7 (305 posts) -

Im looking forward to making some cool forerunner maps, pretty much any map that looks man made or is integrated into the terrain, wish there was a terrain editor but it's better than nothing.

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

I want to be the first person in Halo Reach to build a giant penis!

#14 Posted by BrilliantLoser (38 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
"

"
What you need to do is make it subtle.  Make it look like a penis only from some angle and then make sure to create an excellent multiplayer map.
It would be awesome if people realize the map they've been playing on is really a giant stealth penis.
#15 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -
@BrilliantLoser said:
" @Mr_Skeleton said:
"

"
What you need to do is make it subtle.  Make it look like a penis only from some angle and then make sure to create an excellent multiplayer map. It would be awesome if people realize the map they've been playing on is really a giant stealth penis. "

Fine, but I will populate it with the penis creatures from Spore.
#16 Posted by kives34 (110 posts) -

I am not good at forging but a floating map with tons of small islands and the only way go between them is man canon or jetpack.

#17 Posted by DillonWerner (1600 posts) -

Build you're house Rob.

#18 Posted by Cl3v3rgam3r (2 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.