Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

I don't understand the BETA invite.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I mean, it's not really an invite. It's just a piece of paper that says Halo: Reach BETA invite. There's no code or anything. How can I use this to get the BETA?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

It's going to be based on having the disk itself, I'm sure.  Like others have said before, it'll probably work like the Crackdown/Halo 3 beta.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    "
    I mean, it's not really an invite. It's just a piece of paper that says Halo: Reach BETA invite. There's no code or anything. How can I use this to get the BETA? "
    The beta is on your ODST disc. If you pop it in and go to extras, you'll see the option for the Halo: Reach Beta there, the option just doesn't work until they activate it.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    "
    I mean, it's not really an invite. It's just a piece of paper that says Halo: Reach BETA invite. There's no code or anything. How can I use this to get the BETA? "
    The beta is on your ODST disc. If you pop it in and go to extras, you'll see the option for the Halo: Reach Beta there, the option just doesn't work until they activate it. "

That's what I thought, but this BETA invite is confusing me. Even a message popped up talking about the invite included with your ODST disc. 

Meh, I guess I'll just wait until I see extras. Wait, do you see extras!? Because I don't even see that. It just says new intel (insert date here.)
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Fosssil
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    "
    The beta is on your ODST disc. If you pop it in and go to extras, you'll see the option for the Halo: Reach Beta there, the option just doesn't work until they activate it. "
    That's what I thought, but this BETA invite is confusing me. Even a message popped up talking about the invite included with your ODST disc.  Meh, I guess I'll just wait until I see extras. Wait, do you see extras!? Because I don't even see that. It just says new intel (insert date here.) "
    There isn't really a tangible invite (though I'm sure the MS marketing team will send an email reminder to your Windows Live ID when the beta is about to launch). And I believe that the beta will appear under the "Intel" tab in the ODST menu, as there is no "Extras" menu.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

I hope it's on the Multiplayer disc. The beta IS for the multiplayer portion of Reach, correct?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai

I wish people would just do some reaseach before freaking out over nothing. The beta invite is tied to your ODST disk. So save it.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jkz
    @Fosssil said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    "
    That's what I thought, but this BETA invite is confusing me. Even a message popped up talking about the invite included with your ODST disc.  Meh, I guess I'll just wait until I see extras. Wait, do you see extras!? Because I don't even see that. It just says new intel (insert date here.) "
    There isn't really a tangible invite (though I'm sure the MS marketing team will send an email reminder to your Windows Live ID when the beta is about to launch). And I believe that the beta will appear under the "Intel" tab in the ODST menu, as there is no "Extras" menu. "
    Yeah it's the intel menu, my bad.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @TooWalrus said:
    " I hope it's on the Multiplayer disc. The beta IS for the multiplayer portion of Reach, correct? "
    Yeah well duh.  What else could a public beta test?
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @TooWalrus said:
    " I hope it's on the Multiplayer disc. The beta IS for the multiplayer portion of Reach, correct? "
    Its on the single player disc. But not on the disc. You use the disc to access the marketplace download. Like Crackdown.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus
    @MAN_FLANNEL: Man, Giantbomb has been bumming me out lately. It seems like we're all becoming massive pricks. It's great when it's needed, but it's the constant douchebaggery is starting to get annoying... /sigh
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: Man, Giantbomb has been bumming me out lately. It seems like we're all becoming massive pricks. It's great when it's needed, but it's the constant douchebaggery is starting to get annoying... /sigh "
    Tell me about it.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL: Man, Giantbomb has been bumming me out lately. It seems like we're all becoming massive pricks. It's great when it's needed, but it's the constant douchebaggery is starting to get annoying... /sigh "
    Um no.  Maybe I should have put some stupid thing after my post like one of these.... ^_^  (= o_O  but its too fucking dark to put that effort into it.  

Point being it was supposed to be light hearted.  And yes, what else would they give us?  A beta of the entire campaign?
    Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    Um no.  Maybe I should have put some stupid thing after my post like one of these.... ^_^  (= o_O  but its too fucking dark to put that effort into it.    Point being it was supposed to be light hearted.  And yes, what else would they give us?  A beta of the entire campaign? "
    Can't confirm or anything but i remember hearing  that there was gonna be a bit of the campaign in there.  Maybe on Gametrailers.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @Dylabaloo said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    Um no.  Maybe I should have put some stupid thing after my post like one of these.... ^_^  (= o_O  but its too fucking dark to put that effort into it.    Point being it was supposed to be light hearted.  And yes, what else would they give us?  A beta of the entire campaign? "
    Can't confirm or anything but i remember hearing  that there was gonna be a bit of the campaign in there.  Maybe on Gametrailers. "
    If that's true, Bungie is just throwing us a bone.  A beta like this is supposed to iron out all of the bugs and balance the game.  That is why a public beta of anything other than the multiplayer is crazy...They would ruin the story and be giving us the game for free. 
    Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @Dylabaloo said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    Can't confirm or anything but i remember hearing  that there was gonna be a bit of the campaign in there.  Maybe on Gametrailers. "
    If that's true, Bungie is just throwing us a bone.  A beta like this is supposed to iron out all of the bugs and balance the game.  That is why a public beta of anything other than the multiplayer is crazy...They would ruin the story and be giving us the game for free.  "
    Yeah I getcha. I guess we'll have to wait see.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By DJJoeJoe

It's pretty official that this is a repeat of the Halo 3 beta experience, it's included and uses another game disc to access a multiplayer beta from may to june. Same dates, same concept all the way through, no confusion.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hitchenson

I was under the impression it's working like the Crackdown/Halo 3 beta worked. We'll just access it from the Intel section on the ODST menu. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By big_jon
    @ADTR_ZERO:
    Wow it is pretty simple. 

Step one Wait for the Beta to become available
    Step two  put in Halo 3; ODST       
    Step three Press the A button on (Play Halo; Reach Beta) 

Next week I explain pop-tart making....
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By big_jon

@Dylabaloo:
    It is called a multi player Beta. No campaign.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DystopiaX
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @Dylabaloo said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    If that's true, Bungie is just throwing us a bone.  A beta like this is supposed to iron out all of the bugs and balance the game.  That is why a public beta of anything other than the multiplayer is crazy...They would ruin the story and be giving us the game for free.  "
    Although i would have preferred it if they kept the beta carbine in H3 in the final version of the game. That thing could kill people so fast...
    fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By fripplebubby

In any case by the time we get to do this beta stuff we'll all be too busy playing Gran Turismo 5. Ha, just kidding of course.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By PhatSeeJay

A little coop scenario wouldn't be so bad if we got to try? :)

That's multiplayer... :3

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @big_jon said:
    "@ADTR_ZERO: Wow it is pretty simple.  Step one Wait for the Beta to become availableStep two  put in Halo 3; ODST       Step three Press the A button on (Play Halo; Reach Beta)  Next week I explain pop-tart making.... "

Thanks dude, I've been waiting for somebody to teach me how to make my pop-tarts. I think they're going to go stale soon so please fill me in on next week's lesson now, please.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By DJJoeJoe

You don't even have to toast a poptart to taste it's goodness :) Sigh, I haven't had a poptart in 10 years and now I have an urge to go to the corner store to try and relive my childhood via poptart/eggo waffle overdose. Damn you all.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Did this really require a thread? The information must be pretty readily available elsewhere on the internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.