I feel like I'm doing Firefight wrong.

#1 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

My brother and I have tried to play Firefight for the credits and/or achievements, but we seem to be doing it wrong.  We typically score a few thousand points, nowhere near the numbers needed for even the lowest of the achievements.  We barely get any credits for our trouble, usually around 50 and not that much more if we actually beat the round. 

What's the best way to play Firefight to get mad creds and achievements?

#2 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Switching on invincibility and infinite ammo causes good times and achievements to ensue.

Gotta wonder how many dozens of people have actually got to 1,000,000 points without cheesing it though.

#3 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

I didn't even know one could do that.  You can turn on invincibility?  And still get achievements?  Weird...

#4 Posted by DystopiaX (5316 posts) -

For credits, go to score attack and pick gruntpicalpyse. Easy to kill a lot and pick up easy commendations.

#5 Posted by DystopiaX (5316 posts) -
@babblinmule latest weekly update said something crazy like .0001 percent.
#6 Posted by Fattony12000 (7459 posts) -

Firefight Matchmaking is a completely different set of food nipples compared to a Custom version.

Try out the settings under the custom game lobby, bear in mind that Challenges/Credits may change based on how/where you are playing. Typically, you can rack up shed loads of POINTS on a custom game, but not so much on the CREDIT side of things.

#7 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

You have to play matchmaking firefight. All custom modes and regular firefight only gives around 50 cR

#8 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@Tesla said:
" I didn't even know one could do that.  You can turn on invincibility?  And still get achievements?  Weird... "
It was either this, or no achievements and/or customisation.
#9 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Gargantuan said:

" You have to play matchmaking firefight. All custom modes and regular firefight only gives around 50 cR "

Yeah, if you are playing private firefight matches you aren't going to get many credits.
#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Gargantuan said:
" You have to play matchmaking firefight. All custom modes and regular firefight only gives around 50 cR "
Yeah, if you are playing private firefight matches you aren't going to get much many credits. "
True that.
While a 2.5 hour firefight match with a friend is fun, getting barely any credits is kinda lame!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.