I suck at Reach Competitive Multiplayer any tips?

#1 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

I find that I get a decent amount of kills and usually rank either 2nd or 3rd on my team, but get a ton of assists.  I'm not finishing off my enemies efficiently enough, and hence do tend to die a shitload. How do I get better at Reach, just bite my tongue and keep practicing? I've never played much Halo Online before so I'm sure I'm behind the curve compared to the Halo 2 & Halo 3 veterans.

#2 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -
#3 Posted by Spikester (90 posts) -

Camp some more, it's basically the only effective in Halo. Thanks to the regenerating health system, the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry ever.

#4 Posted by Lukeweizer (2654 posts) -

Shoot dudes, run up to them, melee them. Halo in a nutshell.

#5 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

always go for headshots and pace your shots so that you cross hair bloom isn't fully expanded

#6 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

Left Trigger will not help you aim better.

#7 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@uniform said:
" Help here "
Yeah, use that thread it has some good stuff in it, my input being the best of course ;)
#8 Posted by decko5 (154 posts) -

don't run into the same place you are being killed 
be witty  and use the enviornment to your advantage.  
learn to bounce grenades off of walls accurately  
make sure you don't abuse the sprint and always disable it when you see an enemy so you dont get killed while running 
short bursts with the AR and time your shots with the DMR 
watch for the "yellow spakrs" indicating the enemy shield is down. 

keep playing pretty much

#9 Edited by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Good stuff, thanks for the tips and links guys!

#10 Posted by Lumley (951 posts) -
  • Aim for the head 
  • Crouch
  • Hit dudes when their shields are down

My personal and successful tactic is to run around and jump about as much as possible.
#11 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Don't underestimate the magnum and the needler.
#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6035 posts) -
@Spikester said:
" Camp some more, it's basically the only effective in Halo. Thanks to the regenerating health system, the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry ever. "
Have you even played the game? You have to pick up health kits now.
#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Try some Firefight!
Either make a custom game for yourself vs some elites (Heroic or harder) and practice taking them out with standard weapons like the DMR/AR or try Score Attack/Sniperfight in the online solo firefight.
I play a good bit of score attack each day and when fighting skirmishers, jackals or elites you can really practice on reflex shots or taking something out from afar.

Other then that, play, play, play and play some more!

#14 Posted by Hawk456 (133 posts) -
@MetalMoog:
I like to warm up with Gruntpocalypse on Heroic then I go into SWAT.  I still die a lot but getting ~15 kills makes me feel better :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.